Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice please. Have I made a big mistake.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    I'm a fussy git when it comes to picture quality, I find fault with all the flat screen types, plasma's were the best of the bunch with the least annoying quirks.

Once you get into digital and flatscreen drawbacks the list is endless.

Remagen [zGemma 2S, Vu+ duo, SS1, SS2HD, Foxsat 1000s & Foxsat HDR]
    Thanks
    I'm amazed how many people have 47" TVs in quite small rooms. I find it stressful to watch at less than 3 metres.

A much better solution is a 32" and sit a bit closer and all at half the power usage.

I think I've homed in on the Sony Bravia - cx523 32" version at around €350 - although it is not an LCD LED I couldn't tell the difference in subdued lighting. Seemed to have a pretty good ethernet/internet capability from Youtube HD but it can't display native flv files as it has no inbuilt flash support.

. .

V.I.P
    Thanks
    i have the sony 40inch kdl 40ex403,very impressed.obviousley had to do some tweeking with settings to get it how i wanted it,changed various settings noting down everything,viewed for a few hours then tried another setting untill i was happy,sony blu-ray player is amazing through it,connected to internet for you tube and such works very well.spider box on hd channels looks stunning
    freeview hd built in channels some are better than others,i think its all down to personal settings,took me ages to find the settings i was happy with but may not be pleasing on the eye to others
    even plays spiderbox files on usb stick once converted to avi,when attatched to my sony amp no need for extra audio cables returns sound down hdm cable to amp.so all in all i am very happy with it

mister-t

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12