Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to anyone who uses mgcamd and icvs image on a 800se

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

to anyone who uses mgcamd and icvs image on a 800se

hi, i cant clear kabel digital home on 23 east in nagra, all the keys are updated and correct.

If i use the same keys with mgcamd 135a nemesis image the package clears fine, but it wont work for me using the icvs image.

I can clear other channels no problem using keys, so the keys are in the correct folders etc.

Anyone got any ideas please, Ive tried mgcamd 135a to 137, Ive rescanned the channels, but no luck.

thanks

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    ive noticed if i try to few this package then select another package it wont clear until the cam is restarted.

i wonder if this is a bug in mgcmad, but if it is why does it clear using nemesis image?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    ok another question............anyone any idea when images for the 800se will stop being experimental, don't really matter, just wondering .

Dm8000/800se/800/7020, Qbox Hd/Mini, ....
    Thanks
    well, if they stop to be experimental, better to get rid of the box, and as soon as possible !
    As all teams use those images to make their own images.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by passete View Post
    well, if they stop to be experimental, better to get rid of the box, and as soon as possible !
    As all teams use those images to make their own images.
    I took that experimental wording, to mean its in like beta stage, something Ive learnt today.

Thanks
    Experimental means that there are new features added, that didn't exist in a previous stable version which have known bugs that are being worked on. What realy matters is whether the bug is noticeable as most of the times you wouldn't even know one existed. I am using the same image more than 18months now and i can't remember when i did my last restart!

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimrare View Post
    Experimental means that there are new features added, that didn't exist in a previous stable version which have known bugs that are being worked on. What realy matters is whether the bug is noticeable as most of the times you wouldn't even know one existed. I am using the same image more than 18months now and i can't remember when i did my last restart!
    out of interest which image do you use please, do you have a hard drive in your 800se.

thx

Thanks
    I am using the very first icvs image that got released. About your problem with mgcamd, it seems that it is not started properly for some reason (possibly something wrong with the startup script?). You can do a
    Code:
     ps -e
    from telnet and see what processes are running. However when you do a restart, mgcamd starts up with no problems.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I am using the very first icvs image that got released. About your problem with mgcamd, it seems that it is not started properly for some reason (possibly something wrong with the startup script?). You can do a
    Code:
     ps -e
    from telnet and see what processes are running. However when you do a restart, mgcamd starts up with no problems.
    hi thanks for the reply, im using icvs image as well, overall i love the image, i have 2 problems both minor.

problem one
    sometimes ill record no problem onto the hard drive, other times i get a message about some kind of timer record, a reboot cues the problem.

Problem 2
    Is the digital kabel package, which i think isn't an image problem itself i guess, but it does work with nemesis image, (using the same key files), so i guess there is a bug in the icvs mgcamd version.

Can u try kabel package on 23 east if possible and see if it clears for you please.

typing in that command into dcc it then comes up with lots of data, but it still wont clear the package with correct keys inside.

thanks
    Last edited by clive01; 15-10-2011 at 10:32 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Hazardboy
    As you probably know I have the 8000, but I am wondering if the image problem may be with the Mgcamd1.37 you are using along with the 1.35a - there could be some conflict with .cfg and/or bin files. Worth a try. I had some with other sats not clearing and decided to just remove the others Mgcamds and go with 1.37. You say Nem runs fine - then why not stay with it? I think I ran through the ones that run easily as we progress in knowledge on these boxes - PP2.3, Nemesis and OOzoon. If you want to try it then use Glass utility and you can download the cams you need. I also use the satangelskeyupdater - makes life easier.
    HDDs have been a source of discussion here too. Problems often occur with usb mounted ones - I believe the 800se can have an internal mounted one - I bought a simple 1.5TB from a certain high street store and that has run faultlessly, along with DVD writer/player. if I am misunderstanding where you are at I apologise. Good Luck - Brain

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brain View Post
    Hi Hazardboy
    As you probably know I have the 8000, but I am wondering if the image problem may be with the Mgcamd1.37 you are using along with the 1.35a - there could be some conflict with .cfg and/or bin files. Worth a try. I had some with other sats not clearing and decided to just remove the others Mgcamds and go with 1.37. You say Nem runs fine - then why not stay with it? I think I ran through the ones that run easily as we progress in knowledge on these boxes - PP2.3, Nemesis and OOzoon. If you want to try it then use Glass utility and you can download the cams you need. I also use the satangelskeyupdater - makes life easier.
    HDDs have been a source of discussion here too. Problems often occur with usb mounted ones - I believe the 800se can have an internal mounted one - I bought a simple 1.5TB from a certain high street store and that has run faultlessly, along with DVD writer/player. if I am misunderstanding where you are at I apologise. Good Luck - Brain
    hi, ive tried just mgcamd 135a on its own 137 also on its own, makes no difference.

I download the cams via the blue button, i clear other channels with keys no problems, but not kabel package on 23e,

When using my own key files on nemesis image the kabel package on 23 east clears, using the same keys with icvs image it wont clear.

The reason for not using nemesis image, is because as soon as the dreambox is rebooted, i have to wipe my hard drive to use it, i have posted about that on here, i ever could fix it when using nemesis image, and as soon as i switched to icvs image the problem went.
    Last edited by clive01; 15-10-2011 at 10:36 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    @Hazardboy7
    The reason for not using nemesis image, is because as soon as the dreambox is rebooted, i have to wipe my hard drive to use it, i have posted about that on here, i ever could fix it when using nemesis image, and as soon as i switched to icvs image the problem went.

I have read and answered this before, and go back to the internal feature. I have used all images[Nem,PP,OOzoon, Pli and Icvs] since installing mine internally and there has never been a problem. Separate usb plugins seem to cause more problems and conflict.It may be worth considering. Ill have a rethink re the cam. Cant try some cam things atm as watchiing aprog my wife might be cross if I interrupt. Will try tomorrow. Brain
    Last edited by brain; 15-10-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzardboy7 View Post
    typing in that command into dcc it then comes up with lots of data, but it still wont clear the package with correct keys inside.
    As i said this command shows you which processes are running.You want to see if MgCamd is in that list You could have scrolled with your mouse, however try this command
    Code:
    ps -e | grep -i MgCamd
    . If nothing comes up then mgcamd simply isn't running and obviously you wont be able to clear anything. If it does come up then post back which version you are using.

Another question is how did you install MgCamd as no cams are available in icvs images via the blue button. Did you download it from a feed? if yes which one, manually? if yes where did you download it from.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi, i downloaded the cam via a plugin via the tunisiasat addons manger feed, all other channels work fine using keys (sorry not via the blue panel as i said should of been via plugin menu)

could u try and see if you can clear this package if you are using icvs image with mgcamd please.

when i select 123 tv on 23 east and type in the command you posted i get this message and nothing else using mgcamd 137..............

18056 root 2584s grep -i mgcamd

is that a good sign or not??

just did a manual install of mgcamd 137, downloaded the file from here called gp-cam-mgcamd_1.37-r0_mipsel again works fine on all the channels that i can clear via keys, but not on the kabel package.

thanks
    Last edited by clive01; 16-10-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi, Ive seen something on the net about altering the replace list for 23 east nagra, using mgcam. maybe this is the answer, i don't have anything in my replace list to do with this package, anyone got the needed files please i guess the ignore list the priority list.

thank you

Thanks
    At some point you said
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzardboy7 View Post
    ive noticed if i try to few this package then select another package it wont clear until the cam is restarted.
    and then you say
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzardboy7;
    i get this message and nothing else using mgcamd 137..............

18056 root 2584s grep -i mgcamd
    Is this still the case because the ps command shows that mgcamd is not running.

I cannot test if mgcamd will clear the mentioned channels because i cannot receive that sat.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    At some point you said

and then you say Is this still the case because the ps command shows that mgcamd is not running.

I cannot test if mgcamd will clear the mentioned channels because i cannot receive that sat.
    yes as i wrote, that's correct, as soon as i go to the kabel home package on 23 east, it seems to stop clearing any channel that uses mgcamd, restarting the cam cures this, until i go to the package again, then the same happens.

To be honest i think this is a bug in the mgcamd version for gp3, if anyone here can receive this sat and uses icvs image with an 800se please can they try the package, that would help me massively
    thanks

Thanks
    What you wrote contradicts each other. You cannot clear a channel wiithout using a cam, in your case mgcamd.
    First of all tune to a fta channel. Then
    1. Do a "ps -e | grep -i mgcam" to see if mgcamd is running. Is it? Answer with a yes or no.
    If the answer to 1 is no then restart your cam and goto step 2, otherwise go to step 3.
    2. Do a "ps -e | grep -i mgcam" to see if mgcamd is running after the cam restart. If it is not, then there is something really wrong. Hopefully the cam is now running so goto step 3.
    3. Tune to an encrypted channel. See if the channel is clearing. If it stops clearing for whatever reason do a "ps -e | grep -i mgcam" and see if your cam is still running.

Thanks
    @hazzardboy7 what does the Mgcamd log show ? Debug and see what is going on.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    the cam runs on a free to air channel, no problem when i do the command

i then go to a scrambled channel using keys on 4.8 east cam running fine and clears it, cam running fine says so on the command

i then go to kable home on 23 east, cam refuses to clear, cam wont run when i do the command

back to the channel i was watching a few seconds earlier on 4.8 east, cam wont run and no picture says so i n the command

restart cam it clears it, as i said this cam works fine, until i go to kabel on 23 east.

I really could do with someone using ivcs image to see if they are clearing this package.

ok here is a screen cap

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/unled1xvf.jpg/

the red box is on a free to air channel................channel working of coarse
    the blue box is it clearing 4.8 east via keys.................channel clearing no problem
    the purple box is me trying to view kabel on 23 east..........wont clear channel keys added etc
    the green box is me trying to view 4.8 east and the cam is not running..........back to 4.8 via keys, and the cam isnt running, a restart is need
    Last edited by clive01; 16-10-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast