I do not know who it was who told you that the Protek Mk1 came fully loaded, and unless your vendor has installed it, this is what you will have to do: BTW this info was supplied by Appliances on another forum:
MK-1 SOFTWARE 01.00.39M
« on: August 04, 2011, 05:41:54 PM »
SOFTWARE INSTALL ION INSTRUCTIONS
1. UNZIP attached ZIP FILE (LATEST FILE NAME IS apps39m.pvr.tar.bz2 and load onto a FAT 22 USB stick
2. Input USB stick to MK-I
3. Press MENU and select UTILITY and SOFTWARE INSTALL
4. Enter PIN: 0 0 0 0
5. Storage Devide: Select your USB stick, normally /dev/sda1
6. File Name: Select the software file
7. Press RED key, wait till Installation pop-up message completely dis-appears. This may take 3-4 minutes!
8. If your box had the original factory software: Do REBOOT BOX in Utility menu. Do channel search. Go to any channel and wait few seconds. You will see a pop-up message saying "new bouquet available". Confirm with OK and box will reboot again.
9. After reboot, press ok and then BLUE key and HAVE FUN!
In future software should auto update after reboot.
HOW TO EDIT PROTEK MK-1 CHANNEL LIST ON YOUR PC:
There are also two HOW TO's shows you how to transfer channel data to your PC using Dreamset and DreamBox Edit, save the files as a channel backup, add your own bouquets (Favourites) and transfer the files back to the MK-1. You can select which software works best for you, Dreamset or DreamBoxEdit. With this knowledge you will be in a position, if you won’t to, to do more extensive editing. You can’t edit the Procamd bouquets, but you can add any of the Protek server channels into your own bouquets (favourites).