Thread: car insurance query

Thanks

car insurance query

my bird did a 720 spin today on the M1, luckily she is fine, and no other cars were involved.

shes got a sh1tty 1998 Vauxhall Vectra, probably wrth £150 or £200

now im thinking does she want to make a claim....

is 1 years no claims discount (it will be a year end of the month beleive it or not!) better than claiming, the only issue is, the breakdown truck came and towed it to a yard (paid for by insurance co)

she said she wanted to make a claim, but hasnt sent off any docs yet.

does that COUNT as making a claim, or only if its all gone thru....?

what would you do> what should she do?

(shes a named driver on her dads ins)

cheers randy pimps!!!

ps not sure if its a write off.

pps a sticking point is, her address (nearby street same area in terms of risk) on the policy has changed since she took the policy out, so it might all be negated anyway.....
    Last edited by ManikM; 13-09-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks
    Was it her insurance company that paid for the tow truck?
    If yes, then it's probably too late, as they know she has had an accident and that will affect future insurance premiums.

Speak to the insurance company and ask them.

Thanks
    If she hasn't claimed the tow in fee then I would forget it and bin the car because most if not all Insurances make you pay for the first few hundred of a claim - I'm told the standard for You Pay the first £x is £350, if so, she would get nothing and possibly have an accident recorded against her

Thanks
    Have to agree with John. The excess is going to be more than the car is worth ( mine is £700 ! } so even if you keep 1 NCB it still wont be worth claiming. Chances are she will lose the one year NCB because the insurance company know about the accident.
    Something else how as she built up 1 year NCB when she is a named driver ? The only company I know that allows named drivers to build up NCB is Direct Line.

Finally you are right about the policy being invalid, you can't take a policy out then change address and not tell the insurance company about it. Remember insurance companies will do anything to avoid paying out.
    It wouldn't surprise me if she gets a bill from them for the recovery vehicle because the policy in theory is invalid. That's if they find out about the change of address. So best bet is say nothing and forget the car and don't claim.

Thanks
    thanks all

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    With my old insurance policy One my fault claim lost 30% no claims.Luckily it was protected as I hit a parked car in snow.