Thread: 6 deg lnb problem

Thanks

Icon9 6 deg lnb problem

Hi,

I am trying to set up a 19.2 Astra / 13 Hotbird setup.

I currently have the dish (1.2m channel master / Titanium 6 degree Monoblock single LNB) pointed at Hotbird (100% Signal / 60% Quality). Standing behind the dish the hotbird part of the LNB is fix to the arm and the Astra LNB is to the right of the arm.

Using the diseqc switch I have Hotbird on LNB 2 and Astra on LNB 1.

However I can not get a signal on Astra, but on this diseqc input 1 I get a signal on Eutelsat 16.0e.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks for your help

Thanks
    2 things spring to mind

1) monoblocks are designed to work on 80cm dishes , so not sure what would happen on a bigger dish

2) more relevant , is the fact that the astra lnb on the right hand side ( viewing from behind the dish ) needs to be higher than the hotbird one , to be in the correct position , there are pictures on this forum showing this aspect , so my opinion is that your astra lnb is either too high or too low , and in any case should be higher than the hotbird one

so assuming you are getting 16e and not 19e , you would have to separate the lnb,s , which cannot be done on a monoblock , and is why we have adjustable lnb holder racks instead