Thread: Glossary - etc

Thanks

Glossary - etc

Being new to this many abbrevations/terms mean little to me, so thought this may be of help to some members - I've started the ball rolling with some terms - but it is probably best to allow more experienced members to add definitions/meanings and more terms too !...?

(HD)softcam

usal

ucas

fta

biss

clines

nlines

cs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spurskev View Post
    Being new to this many abbrevations/terms mean little to me, so thought this may be of help to some members - I've started the ball rolling with some terms - but it is probably best to allow more experienced members to add definitions/meanings and more terms too !...?

Softcam - text file containing keys for the patched boxes - on a spiderbox there are 2 , HD for HD boxes (9k and 7k) and SD for non-HD boxes (5k)

USALS - Universal Satellites Automatic Location System _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Satellites_Automatic_Lo cation_System

UCAS - Universal Conditional Access System , embedded emulator or patch that allows decoding methods on cams or receivers to be implemented

FTA - Free To Air channels - channels that are not scrambled by any means and can be viewed by any suitable box

BISS - Basic Interoperable Scrambling System - _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Interoperable_Scrambling_Sy stem

C lines - Cccam emulation system , a C line containing c#rd sharing details , host , port , name , password

N lines - Newcamd emulation system , an N line containing c#rd sharing details , host , port , name , password , deskey

CS - abbreviation for C#rd Sharing , where 2 or more people share c#rds , or a host server shares c#rds to clients by c or n or similar emulation

EPG - Electronic Program Guide , _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_program_guide

google gave me most of the above , and is something members should always look at before asking basic questions on any forum

additional info or do***entation can be found in the various sections of the forum too , for example , the emulation or dreambox or spiderbox sections etc , examples are :-

oscam

cccam

newcamd

biss

softcam

also please remember that asking for cs is not allowed here , and discussion of cs servers or hosts is also banned too , so read the rules please