Thread: Glossary - etc

Thanks

Glossary - etc

Being new to this many abbrevations/terms mean little to me, so thought this may be of help to some members - I've started the ball rolling with some terms - but it is probably best to allow more experienced members to add definitions/meanings and more terms too !...?

(HD)softcam

usal

ucas

fta

biss

clines

nlines

cs

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spurskev View Post
    Being new to this many abbrevations/terms mean little to me, so thought this may be of help to some members - I've started the ball rolling with some terms - but it is probably best to allow more experienced members to add definitions/meanings and more terms too !...?

Softcam - text file containing keys for the patched boxes - on a spiderbox there are 2 , HD for HD boxes (9k and 7k) and SD for non-HD boxes (5k)

USALS - Universal Satellites Automatic Location System _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Satellites_Automatic_Lo cation_System

UCAS - Universal Conditional Access System , embedded emulator or patch that allows decoding methods on cams or receivers to be implemented

FTA - Free To Air channels - channels that are not scrambled by any means and can be viewed by any suitable box

BISS - Basic Interoperable Scrambling System - _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Interoperable_Scrambling_Sy stem

C lines - Cccam emulation system , a C line containing c#rd sharing details , host , port , name , password

N lines - Newcamd emulation system , an N line containing c#rd sharing details , host , port , name , password , deskey

CS - abbreviation for C#rd Sharing , where 2 or more people share c#rds , or a host server shares c#rds to clients by c or n or similar emulation

EPG - Electronic Program Guide , _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_program_guide

google gave me most of the above , and is something members should always look at before asking basic questions on any forum

additional info or do***entation can be found in the various sections of the forum too , for example , the emulation or dreambox or spiderbox sections etc , examples are :-

oscam

cccam

newcamd

biss

softcam

also please remember that asking for cs is not allowed here , and discussion of cs servers or hosts is also banned too , so read the rules please

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

pipp (20-08-2012), spurskev (29-08-2011)