Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newest drivers for DM8000?

V.I.P
    Thanks

Newest drivers for DM8000?

Would somebody tell me where to get the newest drivers to put in flash DM8000. There are probably newer than the ones in the Sticky above available. My 4 images in USB donīt last long, they soon get corrupted (unable to boot). New drivers in flash (Nabilo BH 012 pure flash) would probably help???

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luis For This Useful Post:

abo shaker (03-09-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,498 Posts
    All the latest files can be found here.

Code:
    http://dreamboxupdate.com/
    Personally I would load OoZoon as your main image and run with just that.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sonic1 For This Useful Post:

abo shaker (03-09-2011), passete (12-08-2011)

Thanks
    As Sonic says, put an recent image on Flash (and an image that can be updated with "software update") !
    Once a Week, Boot to flash image, and check if they are updates with software update !
    Work's very fine this method on all my dm's !

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yes, I certainly need a new reliable image in flash. Would Nemesis be good? I use it in DM500HD and have never had problems with it. And yes, I donīt think I need other images on USB.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,498 Posts
    Nemesis would be fine and it makes sense as you know how it works.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thank you m8s.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    As I said, I donīt really need a multiboot in my DM8000, a good image in flash is normally enough, but sometimes itīs interesting to try some other image and then a USB stick is welcome.

I just installed Nemesis in flash and all the neccessary things I need and everything is OK so far. Then, nevertheless, I decided to also insert the USB stick (the same I previously used in OE 1.5 images) which I first formatted in PC to FAT32. Then formatted and mounted it in Dreambox, had a hell of a hassle doing it, but finally it showed up with its data in System Information > Device Status and I thought everything went OK.

Then I tried to install MeoBoot, but Dream wouldnīt accept it. Tried it both ways, installing manually from Addons Manager and using telnet, but no go.
    I can think of two possible reasons:
    I should have installed MeoBoot before meddling with the stick.
    Formatting and mounting the stick wasnīt done right, although it appeared in the Device Status.

Now, if I remove the stick, I still canīt install MeoBoot. In case I should have installed MeoBoot before USB, what can be done now? How to delete formatting and mounting the stick? Is there a telnet command? Woud be grateful for some help.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to luis For This Useful Post:

abo shaker (03-09-2011)

Thanks
    You should install on Flash, an cvs image, Like OoZooN or Icvs !
    This is the easy way to go, then install what ever you want in usb !

V.I.P
    Thanks
    So, being impossible to install MeoBoot is not because I formatted and mounted USB stick first? Has it something to do with the Nemesis image?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yes, installing Nemesis in flash doesnīt seem to be a good solution. MeoBoot doesnīt seem to be compatible with Nemesis, and itīs difficult to make USB stick work. Iīm going to re-flash Dream and (according to the advice) install the latest iCVS image. Does it update online? After formatting and mounting the stick I still think about installing MeoBoot. Does it work in iCVS? Or would you rather suggest BA? Iīd like to be sure to avoid going through all that hassle again.
    Last edited by luis; 21-08-2011 at 02:11 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon6 Drivers for DM8000

Hi
    I think that meoboot 96 no longer works with 1.6. It was fine up to 1.5 but then only exists as ver 99 for VU+. BA latest for newest images and drivers I think.I am interested in the flash situation too since up to now I have had no problems with box overheating or crashing but many problems now appearing with all images crashing after a small amount of zapping although HDD runs fine for films etc with Mountmanager. I do have earlier things on usb so could this be the conflict? Have I not carried newest drivers over perhaps to some on stick?Will try Oozoon as flash and reload the odd image on usb. Cheers - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Right brain, MeoBoot doesnīt work with the recent OE1.6 images. Probably with none of them. I have tried it in Nemesis and in Gemini. No go. Itīs history.
    Iīm interested how the newest BA works in OoZoon to install images on USB. As you are going to install OoZoon, let me know. Iīm going to install in flash either OoZoon or iCVS. I belive they are among the most stable images.
    After having installed the last version of Nemesis (091) the line Plugins disappear from the main menu after an hour or two. Have tried several times - the same thing. This version seems to be corrupted, I canīt think of anything else. However, itīs still on their site for download.
    All the previous versions were OK.
    Last edited by luis; 26-08-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks
    Just install OoZooN, make the software update & reboot !
    go to plugins, press red, chose system and you will find Latest BA to install, use a Usb stick !
    I have Latest OoZooN on all E2 Flash Boxes .
    You can find almost anything you need on the plugins management, except the cam's.
    And if you want to test OoZooN with cam's, just install latest Glass utility plugin, everything is there.
    Good luck

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thank you m8.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to luis For This Useful Post:

passete (26-08-2011)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Havent tried the latest glass utility but the old Tunisia will give you some cams and easy loading. I too would be interested in how the images go on usb. I have tried via Ba and wizard for setup and set route but never sure if they are on usb or HDD!! LOL. Brain. By the way - if you have any older images you want to revisiton HDD then meoboot will easily find them!!

Thanks
    Once you have installed BA, Run Dcc E2, go to Tools tab, and you should see what you need !

PS: never used Tunisian panel, and no need !

V.I.P
    Thanks
    All Mac computers here so using Xdream since I dont think Dcc works on mac, or does it? Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    @ passete

Installed OoZoon in flash on DM8000, updated it online, but then the new image (have never used it before) confused me quite a bit.

Could not find File manager (to install from tmp) and Device manager (to format-mount USB stick). Then installed Glass System Utility using telnet and got the File and Device manager there.

No such menu as Blue Panel, as in other images, so I couldnīt start the cam. Then I started it using telnet and it cleared alright.

Installed BA from plugins online but was not offered the installation location (USB or HDD). Itīs probably because OoZoon didnīt recognize USB stick (which worked well in Nemesis and Gemini) and installed BA on HDD by default. I didnīt want it there, so I deleted it using telnet.

Would you please answer me the three questions:

1) Is there a menu like Blue Panel in OoZoon to start the cam from?

2) Pressing the video button I get the recorded movies list alright. But any highlighted movie starts to play right away. When I want to select a movie for playback and switch through the list, every highlighted movie on the list starts playing without pressing OK on the remote. Is it normal in OoZoon? Itīs disturbing and doesnīt happen in other images. Can it be set somewhere so that the movies would start playing only after pressing OK? No such settings in Customize menu.

3) How do I prevent BA from installing on HDD, but on USB, and what way would the image recognize it, how to format and mount it? Went to Glass plugin > Devices Managements > USB device (sdb, sdc, sdd, sde, sdf), itīs not recognized anywhere (Mounts: None).

Thank you for your help m8.
    Last edited by luis; 31-08-2011 at 01:38 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    #2 solved already. Set to "Donīt show video preview" and the playback only works after pressing OK. Still canīt see from where to start cam after reboot (other than with telnet) and how format the USB stick.

Thanks
    if u using oozon theres not blue panel on that image
    u can or have to install gemini3 plugin to have blue panel support

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast