Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: s**vice+

Thanks
    The reason I am being "obsessive" about the time time issue is because thats what EPG is all about. If the times are wrong, what's the point.
    I am not getting at the Spider team as I know the files are independent of them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Satcat View Post
    The reason I am being "obsessive" about the time time issue is because thats what EPG is all about. If the times are wrong, what's the point.
    I am not getting at the Spider team as I know the files are independent of them.
    think you are missing the point here m8

this has been around a long time on the dreambox and other boxes

you are downloading the epg from sites in say nl or be ( netherlands or belgium ) and due to the time differences between them and us you have the box time set for the uk but its obvious that the time for the same program in THEIR country would be a different time ( like when you watch footy on holiday and a 2 pm kickoff may be 3pm or 4pm or 5pm in the country you are in , so the epg is correct for the country it is compiled for

the problem here is that you are setting the box to uk time ( hence now and next is correct ) but are complaining that the downloaded epg is incorrect , but it hasnt been compiled from a uk site as a uk file

change your box time to a setting that offsets the time differential and the epg will be correct ( but the box time on standby will then be incorrect )

the conclusion from this would be that if we could download an epg from a uk source it would be correctly shown if the box time is set to uk time

which kind of proves my assumption that you want everything based on uk time and are becoming obsessed with it due to it being a new toy for you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    you want everything based on uk time and are becoming obsessed with it due to it being a new toy for you
    Correct..................

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Satcat View Post
    Correct..................
    well in that case you will have to wait for a uk version epg con file download , or a method of correcting the "foreign" downloads to suit your uk needs

Banned
    Thanks
    echelon i guess sat cat has a point m8 ie if he was using a HDD to record something and was wrong time.
    sometimes i may go to the epg button on the remoate. as a example to 28.2 channel and click on a record time.
    Last edited by keith mawer; 12-08-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keith mawer View Post
    echelon i guess sat cat has a point m8 ie if he was using a HDD to record something and was wrong time.
    sometimes i may go to the epg button on the remoate. as a example to 28.2 channel and click on a record time.
    I understand where he is coming from , but he isnt using a uk epg so he cannot expect uk times , surely you can understand the simple maths that states if say cyprus is 2 hours in front of the uk then the kickoff is reported 2 hours later in their epg ? its simple maths if you ask me and you of all people would know that if you are abroad and set a recorder to record said match you set it to the correct time to record locally that reflects uk kickoff times (5pm for a 3pm kickoff) , its been the basis of world time (universal time) for centuries since they created GMT
    _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Observatory,_Greenwich

on the other hand , the other point you missed is that if he sets the spiderbox time to the time difference , the downloaded epg actually shows correctly and he can do the simple task you are talking about in seconds

BUT HE MAY HAVE TO BUY A CLOCK TO TELL THE UK TIME !!

Banned
    Thanks
    thanks echelon....

well i did 1 epg earlier for netherlands and was impressed...
    Anyway just my opinion,, i think the new sw down load is really good..
    A better up to date menu lay out .. more sealions.. a nice EPG for selected channels
    to give more than the same day/next day,,

christmas came early!!!! jingle bells .. jingle bells.. jingle all the way!!
    Last edited by keith mawer; 13-08-2011 at 12:54 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    well i put my original patch back in,as for the clock time can always cover the the clock display with something:respect-055:
    i cant remember the last time my spiderbox clock was correct not really a problem to me

mister-t

Thanks
    i would like to try this out but as i turn my receiver off each night i could'nt be bothered loading it back each time. Hopefully the patch in future will do all the main satellites/packages that clear and does not disappear when the receiver is turned off or standby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12