Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
my opinion , and thats all it is , an opinion , is they arent up to v9 firmware yet , unless this tom tom is different

my pna is on 7.910 and afaik they are on v8 possibly , I have posted a chart in this forum from another forum showing versions and maps compatibilities if that helps

and on any tom tom I have tried you check the V number by pressing near the bottom right where it says the time and satellite strength lock

the version is just above where it says DONE , on the bottom right , mine says 7.910

press on that version number and you get a full screen of info , including app version number and map in use with version number

mine says app version 7.910 (9185) , map number - mine says 870_3417

language - english uk

and my 10 character device ID a1b2c 3d4e5 (example)

the version of the app is what is required here , then check the chart I posted for map compatibility , but I cannot see any v9 maps

hope that helps
echelon

I not disputing anything here and am trying to explain :-

Since I had issue with this new map which Russell posted, I asked for help as, all I had done was a TT Update using their software.

I tried both the bbs and other tool and none worked.

I already explained this and since I needed to use the TT to do a visit, I decided to check if I could find my Official backup I did.

I was lucky that I kept it, so I copied the TTs file and PND file from it, as those were the two it complained about using the tools from here.

Now when I done that, I have a working TT as it was able to patch it correct.

My TT Navcore is 9.053.######.2 and work's with v870.3406 map .

If the info the member's here have, show's no version 9 compatibility, then it is safe to say, I have done it with Version 9 and used the device without a problem.

Hope it help's.