Quote Originally Posted by TonyO View Post
Thanks for the info, If I wish to run newcamd do I have to configure the spider with the legit card in it or is it ready to go as soon as a card is inserted.

I appologise if you have answered this question a million times but its the simple boring stuff which is holding me up at the moment.

Thanks.
depends on the card being used , but assuming it is working ok locally ( on your own box ) , and assuming you have added any boxkeys and can see those channels on your own box , you are good to go

once you have added the dedicated port and user details ( names and passwords ) in newcamd setup its good to go assuming you have setup port forwarding and a working host and will show CONN when the user is connected using an N line in their cccam.cfg , or however they are receiving N lines

if it was another spiderbox on your local lan , homeplus would do the job straightaway with nothing else needing doing

if its a different box on your local lan , just setup your newcamd and add the hostname ip address ( the spiderbox 9000 ip address ) , port , name and pass to an N line in cccam.cfg or whatever you are using on this slave box

use a host like dyndns or no-ip to redirect it externally over the net