Thread: getting glitching on ITV HD FTA

Thanks

getting glitching on ITV HD FTA

i was watching Daybreak this morning, and noticed that every so often the picture glitches.

DAMN! this box infuriates me at times.

so im thinking, is it cos im running octagon f/w, is it cos im running Maxi-boot, is it cos i havent done a factory reset SINCE changing back to Octagon f/w since Atevio 1.09.28 f/w.

i noticed too yesterday, that once you start the NASSCAM plugin, the picture slows down on FTA channels too.

but the ITV glitching issue i had this morning, was with no other plugins running.

DAMN!!

V.I.P
    i do not support by pm please do posts on the forums
    Thanks
    Poor workman always blames his tools!

Thanks
    thats right mate.

shame the tools are fookin ****e

Thanks
    We ain't workmen.....we're end users / consumers.......that have bought something that can't do what its been designed to do.

Thanks
    cheers for the support.

anyway, ive now reverted backt to Icecrypt, formatted my user area (get the option when u stick a usb stick in with plugin folder in) - updated loader to 1.54 and done a factory reset.

i'll see how it goes from now....if no better im floggin it, its been fun, i must say its abit like the azbox saga, promises so much, but massively under-delivered....and then the 1028 comes out, and they get all the good stuff like ****tube, web browser, youtube etc.....

nice.

Verified Registered User plaskotki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Would be interested to to find out if you're happy with it. Do you still use E2? To be honest with you, I have been considering buying dedicated Cyfra+ Pace PVR with 500gb hdd for some time now... The icecrypt fails to start some timers, I cannot work out why, but I guess it's because of the EPG incompatibility as I mainly use EPG to set timers. I am off to PL soon so I might be bringing one with me. You can't network it, but at least, according to Polish forums, the firmware is very stable.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    plaskotki.

Have you tried v1.09.28? The Cyfra+ EPG is working. Its slow to populate but it does populate for 7 days.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    cheers for the support.

anyway, ive now reverted backt to Icecrypt, formatted my user area (get the option when u stick a usb stick in with plugin folder in) - updated loader to 1.54 and done a factory reset.

i'll see how it goes from now....if no better im floggin it, its been fun, i must say its abit like the azbox saga, promises so much, but massively under-delivered....and then the 1028 comes out, and they get all the good stuff like ****tube, web browser, youtube etc.....

nice.
    The S4000 does what was wriitten on the box when you bought it.
    No promises have been broken.
    Most bugs and issues have been cleared.
    In normal everyday use it does its job.
    We would all like it to do many other functions as well but Hardware restrictions will always create a ceiling to what can be implemented and yet the firmware is still be developed and improved even after the newer more powerful STC6000 had been released, so its not fair to say its the same as the AZbox.
    In fact some developments like the NTFS format drives have been retro introduced into the S4000.
    Maybe you have set your wish list too high for it to ever have achieve it. It doesn't help that you rewrite it as you go along.
    Like all technology it becomes dated if it no longer satisfies your requirements then the only solution is to upgrade to newer technology but thats not the old technologies fault.
    Technology moves on everyday.

Verified Registered User plaskotki's Avatar
    Thanks
    It has been working with most f/w versions, not only the last one. The problem is that some of the recordings fail to start and sometimes, the info attached to the recording is from a different film/programme and now and then, the ending of the recording is missing... Very annoying!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdAsICE View Post
    The S4000 does what was wriitten on the box when you bought it.
    No promises have been broken.
    Most bugs and issues have been cleared.
    In normal everyday use it does its job.
    We would all like it to do many other functions as well but Hardware restrictions will always create a ceiling to what can be implemented and yet the firmware is still be developed and improved even after the newer more powerful STC6000 had been released, so its not fair to say its the same as the AZbox.
    In fact some developments like the NTFS format drives have been retro introduced into the S4000.
    Maybe you have set your wish list too high for it to ever have achieve it. It doesn't help that you rewrite it as you go along.
    Like all technology it becomes dated if it no longer satisfies your requirements then the only solution is to upgrade to newer technology but thats not the old technologies fault.
    Technology moves on everyday.

I got home yesterday, machine was locked up, couldnt do anything other than power it off at the back.

i was running new Ice f/w - NO plugins. i had also gone through and done a factory reset the night before

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Plaskotki.
    Thats strange, I've checked the EPG on the S4000 with V1.09.28 and it works. I used the MHW express to scan the data lines and waited.
    It took ages to populate but it did fully populate on all channels, much better than the UK EPG.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I`m running the .28 f/w and the .54 loader together with the Nasscam or Mcas and the whole thing is running well.

The glitching on Nasscam seems to have subsided to the odd pixellation.

Looking forward to the f/w hinted to in Post 8.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Sorry buck have I misses something?
    Did I make a hint in Post 8 when I didn't mean too?
    If you are referring to NTFS drive support you have it already in V1.09.28 only problem is that you will lose your recordings if you format your drive to NTFS now!
    Which I know you have a encoded recording which is still waiting for a card reading solution!
    Nothing has happened on that front I'm afraid and I promise I've spoken to five different people at Fortis about it.