Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Panny plasma on the way out . What now ?

Thanks
    youre reply says it all.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Like yours, then... Ignore the facts and smart-on regardless... See, we're not that dissimilar...

Thanks
    seems to me you just want to turn a discussion into a argument, facts you posted between 2 tvs we dont know what they even where or how old , you just copy and pasting something.
    sounds to me like a case of do not want to look futher than the tv you have,really dont want to find anything that could be better.
    no i dont have a led i have a plasma myself as a main tv.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You're wrong on all points.

First, I don't wanna turn this into an argument - you do!

I went in light hearted but with plenty of facts - you ignore! And you do not bring in any real facts, nothing to support your statements!

Second, they have said repeatedly that they have tested a number of TVs on both sides. Read a bit better!

Third, I wanna get a better one and as you can see - facts speak in favour of Plasma, still. So, I am going to go for a 3D soon. Plasma. DLNA and all that...

When independent testers start saying in unison what you are claiming - NOT having tested it like them - we may talk. In the meantime, plasma it is... Sorry but...

Thanks
    ok lets first look at the facts , that we dont know what tv,s are being compaired we dont know the dates .
    one fact is both have thier flaws neither is perfect in every test from any site.

but whoever wrote that review of facts you posted was clearly in plasma favour.

PLASMA DOES SUFFER from image retenion, it a one hour test ,it aint going to.

New plasma technologies have been developed over the past few years by top quality manufacturers to combat burn in. They work. In all of our recent tests with plasma we have not developed any image retention in the screen when leaving an image static for an hour or less.
    LED TV has no image retention concerns due to the LCD screen technology "twisting crystals".
    ADVANTAGE: I would not be concerned with either from a quality manufacturer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the planet becomes more green conscious, so the marketers of TVs. Though there are new energy saving technologies present on both LED and plasma TVs, most will not be used by the consumer due to the simple fact that they reduce the brightness of the picture. An economical way to extend the life of your TV and save energy is to follow our post calibration picture settings. Also see our article about calibrating your TV.
    ADVANTAGE: EVEN

here is a years costs and from a 2011 test.

Annual power consumption cost after calibration
    Samsung UN46D6400 (46-inch LED)
    $17.91
    Vizio XVT553SV
    $19.60
    Sony XBR-52HX909 (52-inch LED)
    $20.58
    Samsung UN55D8000
    $23.14
    Samsung UN55C8000
    $24.53
    Panasonic TC-P50GT30 (50-inch plasma)
    $54.08

so a 50 inch plasma cost twice what a 52 inch led costs to run over a year and advantage even , :respect-055:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I live in cold climate - extra heat is welcome!

Funny how you forgot the first bias in favour of LEDs...

ADVANTAGE: PLASMA, but contrast and black levels are getting much better with LED TVs. We have measured some LED TVs that have beaten those of some plasma TVs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blagi View Post
    LED v. PLASMA:
    Sounds like BAD PLASMA being put against best LED, more like...
    In other words, I would say they were not biased at all, as they may err but not biased, which is clearly something you are... in favour of LEDs, that is...

Besides, it's clear your charge about a single TV against a single TV means you haven't read anything carefully... Which indicates prejudices...

I repeat: as soon as facts show towards LEDs - I'm off, so no bias...

But I don't want second best, if I can avoid it...

Thanks
    Besides, it's clear your charge about a single TV against a single TV means you haven't read anything carefully... Which indicates prejudices...

yes if you read what i said from the off d8000 this years model 4th generation, im not totally in favour I DO NOT OWN A LED im going what ive been told and read , and as stated in my last post neither win 100% on everything.

may err , then not a good review of facts is it.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    May err, as in they are human, that's what I meant.

But they did the tests, unlike you. So...

Good, that cleared up we await glassless 3D, whoever gets there first - but with good enough quality, 'course... And I mean 42 inch minimum...

Thanks
    ahhhhhh 11pm back from the pub,lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123