Thread: Unlocking a Nokia 2760

Thanks

Unlocking a Nokia 2760

Can anyone help me get a free unlocking code for my phone, am not tight am just sick of coughing up money to the provider

Thanks
    You can try code from here _http://www.onlinegsmunlock.com/"]Onlinegsmunlock

Thanks
    Thanks for the offer, but I have found that most of these sites are a scam and all they do is tell you what you already know or give you codes that don't work...I have found out since that my mobile was a special offer done with the provider VM and they just tell you to see Nokia who in turn tell you to see the shop you bought it from ie CP Warehouse. Who in turn want the sales invoice number that I lost when moving house a couple of years ago.......frustrating. because all I want to do is keep the two mobiles I have and just change the Sim Card to a better provider for my area

Thanks
    i go on a site that does work and Nokla 2760 isn't listed so you may have a problem like you say

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    i go on a site that does work and Nokla 2760 isn't listed so you may have a problem like you say
    Yes it's a good phone but was made in eastern europe so for some reason it's not on any code list......think RB should stick to running an airline not a phone company

Thanks
    I've used this site successfully in the past _http://unlock.nokiafree.org/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    I've used this site successfully in the past _http://unlock.nokiafree.org/
    Yes I know m8, but the 2700-2799 (ie 2760) are not listed because they are made for virgin only (something that you only find out when trying to unlock from their service...good little earner)

Thanks
    It may well be that it uses the circuit board from another model which is listed. I can't imagine Virgin paying for the development of a board exclusively for them. This is certainly the practice with television manufacture. Check out the list of features and see if it matches another model and try the codes for that. Is it a DCT3 or DCT4 phone? You only need the IMEI number for DCT3 phones. Try inputting the IMEI number in both calculators and see what they come up with.
    Last edited by TheBadger; 08-07-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    It may well be that it uses the circuit board from another model which is listed. I can't imagine Virgin paying for the development of a board exclusively for them. This is certainly the practice with television manufacture. Check out the list of features and see if it matches another model and try the codes for that. Is it a DCT3 or DCT4 phone? You only need the IMEI number for DCT3 phones. Try inputting the IMEI number in both calculators and see what they come up with.
    It's DCT3 and am running out of the limited tries you are allowed before lock out.......but I will see if I can match the cct board to an other model. If I get anywhere I will let you know

Cheers Gray

Thanks
    Have you tried asking Virgin for the code or was the phone a freebie as long as you remained on contract?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayman View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but I have found that most of these sites are a scam and all they do is tell you what you already know or give you codes that don't work...I have found out since that my mobile was a special offer done with the provider VM and they just tell you to see Nokia who in turn tell you to see the shop you bought it from ie CP Warehouse. Who in turn want the sales invoice number that I lost when moving house a couple of years ago.......frustrating. because all I want to do is keep the two mobiles I have and just change the Sim Card to a better provider for my area
    Yep It's musical chairs........and they all lead back to C** PH*** Warehouse