Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why you should use JaZUp 2.3 and nothing else...

Thanks
    Hi at ALL ...

After reading these responses ... here is the result I expected!

Both can try to find a just reconciliation and compromise, all are working for the same purpose and do not need that face-to-race who is better in the tools developer!

Pr2 ... use the intelligence and the class you've always shown!
    No need to prove who is better, you need to work with humility!

Telesat ... You have a lot of work ahead, please so make that the collaboration begin!

Excuse me if I spoke, but what I read I did not like ... and I think it's the same thought of the whole community !

Best Regards

Arci

V.I.P
    Thanks
    It would be great to work together to give to the users the best option to flash our STB with the best possible tool.

Thanks
    Guys, i have using AZUP since it was born and i never had any problems what so ever.

never got the box bricked or something like that.

I have made about 50 or 60 box flash's in testing the diferent existing images, RTi ( all version ) , SIF, VTI, PB etc. Never ever had a problem.

About jazup, i never used it, also i only have original DOM.

My point of view is that the oficial RTI is AZUP, jazup is a tool not aproved by RTi, but anyone who want's to use it, can but always at its risk, because new version may have something changed and if you flash with an old tool it can brick you box, or result in a bad flash.

For me, i always flash with the recomended AZUP version of every image.

Thanks
    Well the truth I'm rather confused.

JazUP tool is not official until there well. But I do not understand is because is on SourceForge of RTi.

If this tool is not valid should be removed from there (Sourceforge RTi).

Both seem very good tools.

What is clear is that this fight will not leads nowhere.

From my point of view, anything that helps the community and improve the product is welcome.

So please for the good of all, stop arguing and start to bring positions closer. It is not about who is better, this is what is best for the community, and the best for the community isn't have this kind of fights and all throw in the same direction.

All be grateful.

Greetings!
    Last edited by MoRpHiUS_x; 03-06-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Thanks
    Truth be told, RTi Team's attitude in this case seems very childish to me.

No denying they have done a great job bringing E2 to AZBox so far, but if that was done for the community and not the money, as I believed until today, why did they choose to go with a flashing solution developed in VB and not in Java?

If they don't want to test new E2 images both with AZUp and JazUp, then they should have gone with JazUp because it's the only solution that covers all the most diffused OSes.

It's not professional to choose a solution based on things that are not strictly technical, and the fact they are ready to waste resources to boycott Jazup instead of integrating the tool in their pre-releases test protocol, sounds really immature and unprofessional to me.

IMO you guys just lost quite a bit of points with the way you dealed with this.
    Last edited by zipperolo; 03-06-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by @telesat View Post
    Yes, but E2 doesn't working OK, when you use JazUp, thats the problem !

Is now clearer ?
    It's totally false !

And I'll never use a tool under Windows (only ) trying to create working directories inside 'Program Files' directory : It's really not recommended by Microsoft !

If Jazup becomes uncompatible with E2 for Azbox, i'll simply put the Azbox to the trash !

Thanks
    it makes me laugh there willing to spend so much time trying to stop jazup working when instead they should be trying to fix bugs!!! its a tool for e2 get over it!!! whats next a image because its too good??? (not talking about the_ripper hes the man)
    Hell i didn`t even use jazup but i for sure do now!!

p.s hectore pr2 what receiver you with?? thinking bout a new box, pm me if its off topic don`t want a strike like in other places. (for inocent chat)
    Last edited by neo.70; 03-06-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks
    @MoRpHiUS_x

Me and Pr2, it has always been open, we never close the door. We even offered our help. RTI Team is composed of people who have a wooden head. He doesn't want us in their totalitarian regime team. They always look down because they have little power that makes them important. That's all.
    I know it's sad for the community, and the after sales service of Opensat will have a lot of work if jazup disappears but in these cir***stances, why continue?

Regards.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectore View Post
    @MoRpHiUS_x

Me and Pr2, it has always been open, we never close the door. We even offered our help. RTI Team is composed of people who have a wooden head. He doesn't want us in their totalitarian regime team. They always look down because they have little power that makes them important. That's all.
    I know it's sad for the community, and the after sales service of Opensat will have a lot of work if jazup disappears but in these cir***stances, why continue?
    If you want to help, then help with the programming of the firmware or plugins, rather then a software to upload to the box.

Thanks
    @Hectore,

I know, and I know that worked with Untid for do the kernel of GIT compatible with JazUP.

It's a shame we have each week rather than alter the user community of AZBOX.

I believe that everything what is for product improvement is welcome. But this would require an approach by both parties.

Here the loser in this fight is azbox users is neither the RTi nor Hector & Pr2.

Greetings!
    Last edited by MoRpHiUS_x; 03-06-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks MoRpHiUS_x ... Yet it is not so difficult to understand!

... and

Be less instinctive and stop provocations that leaving anywhere, does not improve the situation in your favor ... from my point of view!

If still you are interested in collaboration?

Rgs

Arci

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoRpHiUS_x View Post
    @Hectore,

I know, and I know that worked with Untid for do the kernel of GIT compatible with JazUP.

Hi,

You are right we release JaZUp 2.2 only to support the untid work on the Git and support the new kernel signature. To allow also flashing the firmware created by other teams that will need to use this new kernel signature.

So I think that we prove that we are open and reactive on JaZUp development.

Pr2

Thanks
    I have never used jazup but the thing with the RTI team is they always talk from above
    and if you say anything they ban you
    now working hard on a new release that if you use jazup you might brick your box to blame them.
    for more than a month they gave only beta testers the v1.0 to test and we got a very buggy image .it should have been public and we could have shared the test results a few testers might not find all the bugs.but why the team didn't let us help??
    they don't need anybodys help.

Thanks
    @Pr2 @telesat @The Ripper & all respectful members,
    As a conclusion after reading all this posts, I think that what makes the Rti team anger is that the spirit of collaboration is getting down.....
    For us (even I can't say that I have the right to talk on behalf of all end users, but I guess most of us are not satisfied from seeing that this valuable forum became a place to debate between some people who developped (just a tool) that seems to be a good alternative to the one developped from RTi Team.
    May be the logic reason of this conflict is the title choosen for this post: why should we use .... & nothing else!!! That way of showing a good job can provocate anybody who made & still make efforts to give value for our receivers by developping E2 in it (don't forget that untill then, all of us were suffering from the limitations of not beiing able to implement more options on our STBs).
    Maybe if the title of this thread was "Advantage & disadvantages of using both of these tools: JAZUP & AZup" could be more helpful for the whole community.... without attaking & neglegting other's efforts.
    On the otherside, wasn't publishing source code the reason for inviting other experts to develop that "tool".
    So why are we now wasting time to create a new debate called: "Use this & don't use that"???????
    Finaly I beleive that all of us are going on the wrong way to say who is right & who is wrong....
    Please think twice before just choosing your side, cause it helps no one.
    Instead, all of us should encourage both side to go on without fighting.....
    Please experts, don't waste more time defending your point of view..... appearently some end users choosed a side & others chosed the other..... And both are satisfied.
    Now it's time to step forward.... not looking behind.
    At last, a request for admins: please close this conversation since it doesn't help anybody.
    Sorry if my post hurts some of you.... this is not my purpose... I just don't want to regret seeing helpful people (Developpers).... fighting for nothing else than loosing their valuable time in posting replies to defend something good they did for all of us.
    We will still appreciate all your efforts & beleive on your hard job.:respect-067:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the illuminati View Post
    I have never used jazup but the thing with the RTI team is they always talk from above
    and if you say anything they ban you
    now working hard on a new release that if you use jazup you might brick your box to blame them.
    for more than a month they gave only beta testers the v1.0 to test and we got a very buggy image .it should have been public and we could have shared the test results a few testers might not find all the bugs.but why the team didn't let us help??
    they don't need anybodys help.
    You speak without having any idea.

Before say those lies get informed.

The beta testers found all the bugs that have been reported, the RTi has well do***ented with code samples and not with words.

But so many errors is impossible to fix in a week.

The easiest fix were repaired.

In the public version made a last minute change and configuration loss appeared, where previously this did not happen.

So do not say that the beta testers have done nothing when they have done more than most.

Not only the beta testers report bugs, provides do***entation for the RTi can locate the bugs.

Thanks
    then the changelog should have been changed, thats why beta testers were questioned,

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ...and warnings given, so we know what's ahead if we decide to use it...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neo.70 View Post
    then the changelog should have been changed, thats why beta testers were questioned,
    That is a thing of RTi, publishing the changes or not.

And I will not talk about it anymore.

This thread is about JazUP not the firm.

Only I have clarified because this attack to the beta testers is based on lies.

So before instilling false rumors, Inform yourself a little it costs nothing.

Greetings!

Thanks
    i can assure you i inform myself 20-30 times a day and if the changelog says this fixed and that fixed then in reality it isn`t fixed is that a lie??? i think you are disilusioned my friend,

Thanks
    I think instead of azup or jazup, a new installer should be developed with would allow to install E2 directly from a pendrive, like the official firmwares do.

To have to use a software in the PC is ok for an experimental firmware, but now that E2 is getting to 1.0, I think a more professional installer is required.

Anyway I'm worried about this discussion between the developers of azup and jazup. And also I'm surprised to know that the rti team is trying to prevent the use of third party tools, when I think it should be the opposite, they should make things easier for other teams to create their own installers. I think people is old enough to decide which installer to use.

And finally a question: does azup work on linux, or mac? No, it doesn't. That's why it's good to have alternatives.
    Last edited by hperez; 05-06-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast