Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JaZUp 2.3 by Hectore et Pr2

V.I.P
    Thanks
    @Hectore
    Thx for calling me primitive,

As programmer , I am just telling to people when we change something regarding rescue or something else that can affect flashing not to use JAZUP because it can break box till you or who ever is coding this release new version. Thats why people should use only official flashing tool, because we tested before image is released.

Thanks
    thanks ripper a cool head is much welcomed, thanks for your work.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    @agadave
    So when you criticize JAzup I burst out laughing. 2years since you are unable to correct the major bugs 4 or 5 of your receiver.
    Sorry you must me confuse for someone else, I for shure didnt worked past 2 or more years on DVB API kernel drivers for Sigma chip ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ripper View Post
    @agadave

Sorry you must me confuse for someone else, I for shure didnt worked past 2 or more years on DVB API kernel drivers for Sigma chip ...
    Hello,

I do not speak about The Ripper in particular but about the azbox and opensat to the total one.

Opensat worked 2 years on the official firm without true good performance.

Today E2 V1.0 official is worse than the last official firm.
    Green screen and gears as soon as the media center is used.
    More DTS (in RC12 DTS as rotted as on the firma off).

Stop leaving the firmwares can for Juste to calm the anger of the users.

Be honnčte, the current location of the azbox premium, prem+ and elite is catastrophic.

By take the users for idiots that is turned over against oneself (I have spoken again for the opensat unit for 2 years).

@gadave

Thanks
    I think the big thank should have gone to the guy that came up with the incubus cam and then to that turkish fella that have developed cccam for the azbox, without them azbox hd would have been long dead..and all that talk now wouldn't have happened. respect to you all guys especially the_ripper and pr2 that were with us from the beginning. constructive criticism is what will move that project forward..over and out!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well, Ripper, you did bring CCcam to AZ...

And Mbox to a very cool level. It was a shame that stopped.

I hope you succeed with AZ drivers and E2.

However, if one cares about users why not open up to those catering at least for those that AZUp is not catering for [Linux, Mac, bigger DOMs]? It's utterly unreasonable and I suspect, on the basis of this evidence here - foul play based on vanity and pettiness, sadly...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ripper View Post
    @Hectore
    Thx for calling me primitive,

As programmer , I am just telling to people when we change something regarding rescue or something else that can affect flashing not to use JAZUP because it can break box till you or who ever is coding this release new version. Thats why people should use only official flashing tool, because we tested before image is released.
    Nothing for the compliment ... Small children often have behavioral primitives.

Azup, the official flashing tool like you tell is very bad. This is why many people use our software. And i never heard that our soft break a azbox. Not like azup! If you make our test with azup, you have to tear your hair or you don't test your work coz you have a big blow with which you'll suffocate with glues your shirts. Man! Back down to earth. Azup destroy your work and all the hours you spent to convert E2 on azbox. In my opinion telesat has more influence than you in the team that you, it's why you are stubborn like that. It's a pity for you coz i thing that you're better than telesat. Who is the boss in your team !

If you team want to keep the monopoly, said frankly as the other team customizes E2 based on your job to stop their efforts as you do not like that.

Now people can see how you are... hermetic,imbued and conceited. You only see your interest and not that of the community.

Chess and Math.

Regards.
    Last edited by Hectore; 03-06-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks
    Would some smart ^H^H^H^Hguys from Opensat tell me how to put this box into the rescue mode with official tools with that latest fw. Its quite tricky even I can't do it. Also it would be great to put into fw zip some clear instructions for turning back to official fw for users that are too lazy to google several hours for that f**ng info

Thanks
    Here are two quotes from telesat which confuse me:

Quote Originally Posted by @telesat View Post
    I have clearly said :

This tool (JAZUP) is Unoficial and this tool is big risk and hazard, because without informations from RTi team you can make good tool and exposing users to danger :(
    And also wihout informations from RTi you make bad isntall of E2 and you do harm RTi project becasu if user install E2 via JazUp - E2 work bad !!!
    And quote 2:
    "Pr2, I would like to ask why You lie ? Is there any special need for that ?
    Any special reason to spit on RTi ? Is this "Thank You" for all what RTi give You all information how to build tool ? "

Now: which one is correct? Are JazUp developers getting all information needed as in quote 2 or aren't they as in in quote 1? If not, why not? Just because they use a diferent programming language ?

When I look at the flow of rage in this thread - leading up to the "promise" to install traps - I am shocked. There must be something else behind this...

Whatever, a great project like this does not deserve to be worn out in such a
    degrading manner.

Mike

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hmmm something goes terrible wrong here these are the release notes from V1.1 off JazUp

Hello,

Hector and I worked together to provide you with a reliable tool to upgrade to E2 and return to official firmware of your Azbox HD.
    This tool is multi-platform and has been tested on Windows, Mac OSX and Ubuntu.

It is therefore an alternative to the Azup Telesat, which we thank

Thanks
    Hi,

OK if you want this clarification no problem.

When we discovered that Azup was dangerous in the way it is done (sending linux commands and assuming that they are done with a stop-watch approach (timers)) so it never check any linux command return code.
    How do we discoverd this? Because, I do troubleshooting for Telesat's Azup to find the right timer to format extended DOM! If you look at former Azup screen layout the timer indication is not just for fun, it is what used internally to guess that a command is finished! (task for which I was never credited by RTi ).
    We also find stupid that a Linux STB needs a Windows only software to flash it and that people gets problem to run it on Linux (Wine) and OS-X.
    So Hectore and I decide to create a Java version (so multi-OS compatible), at the time we start it I was still part of the RTi team. We didn't get any help to perform it, I just send the command I found to flash the kernel and copy the firmware files and get confirmation that it was the right commands.
    Before we release JaZUp 1.0 we give it in private to Telesat and MickeySa, and the tools was published officially on RTi forum. If you look on the forum, you will see that in Tools description JaZUp is credited and on the old website JaZUp was also available for download. So at the very beginning JaZUp was tolerated by RTi.

So we also offered our help, to have only one official flashing tools multi-OS (Java based), this proposal was refused by Telesat. He states that he will create his own Java based version (we are still waiting for it...), and that they are rules to respect when coding, I reply yes, you should test the return value of a function you call. This is basic programming rules. So we discussion was aborted.

Since Hectore and I are polite people, we decide to say thanks to Telesat in our release note, just to keep opened the proposal to work together.

Then we discovered that at each release they change the way we perform some security check to prevent JaZUp to work. If you look at JaZUp release note, you will see that we only include minor bug fixes and most of the changes are linked with RTi change in kernel to prevent JaZUp to work. RTi never informed us of the change they do before releasing any version and since I was excluded from RTi Team I have no access to beta-test version, so it is only when image are publicly released that I can find what has changed and upgrade JaZUp accordingly.

So yes there is always a few days between a new E2 image and a new version of JaZUp. Normally RTi has no reason to do all thoses JaZUp blocking changes, the kernel flashing method always remains the same (dd) and the firmware copy too (tar) from the very beginning.

For all that follow the E2 project from the very beginning, I was part of the RTi Team, I was admin in the first version of the official RTi forum. I create all the topics, and place some tutorials, and start helping people, etc... but RTi continues to give more informations on Satpimps than on these first forum version.
    Then RTi changes of forum provider and forum layout, I was still part of the team, then we have this hot discussion with Telesat about the SCART support on the forum (thread is still there just check yourself), following Telesat pression within RTi Team I was rejected from RTi Team.

But this doesn't prevent Hectore and I from continuing supporting JaZUp, for the safe of all Azbox users.
    And since we get absolutely no information about the changes performed (for exemple switch to the patch.e2 file format) that was also a try to prevent JaZUp from working and since we continue to support JaZUp and so include the patch.e2 support in it, this upset again Telesat.

We drop the RTi Team and Telesat credit in JaZUp, which were just there to be polite and show them that we didn't close the door on our side and that we still want to collaborate with them. Unfortunately they decide it the other way...

What make us very happy (Hectore and I) is that now RTi clearly admit publicly that they performed change to prevent JaZUp from working and that they will continue in this approach. So you all know now how RTi Team is minded.

So indeed there is a high probability that JaZUp 2.3 is the very last version of JaZUp, and you all know why!

Pr2
    P.S.: you don't need any external tools to flash an E2 image, it is just linux standard command that are used to perform the operations.
    Last edited by pr2; 04-06-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks
    pr2,

thank you for clarifying things. As a consequence, I am even more bewildered, and I can understand your frustration. I share the hope of others here in this forum, though, that there will be reconciliation some time...

Thanks
    hello,

I use "jazup" long and is a tool that works very well with azbox, I've never had a problem with "jazup. I do not agree with the RTI team of 'jazup. I used to start "azup" and when I discovered "jazup" I really see the difference is a simple and efficient and secure.
    So I find it really unfortunate that the team from "the ripper" want to prevent future use of "jazup" the work of Hector and pr2 is very positive, they want to help the user azbox.

I did the tests show that hector you about the photo of 'azup "he told the truth, anyone can do the tests.

sorry for my English.

baiabdel.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by @telesat View Post
    how many times I must to write :

This tool (JAZUP) is Unoficial and this tool is big risk and hazard, because without informations from RTi team you can't make good tool and exposing users to danger :(
    And also wihout informations from RTi you make bad isntall of E2 and you do harm RTi project becasu if user install E2 via JazUp - E2 work bad !!!

You want to quarrels - why ?
    You lie - why ?

RTi team is told what is true, all people from RTi is told same , why you can't understand ?
    JazUp is made big problem to users, why you make this ?

We will not comment anymore this topic, as we said what we had, now is on end users to believe in this or not, or translated to burn their receivers or not!
    I say only one:
    RTI Core E2 is also a unoficial firmware and we use at all.
    Thanks for The Ripper, telesat and also Hectore, PR2 and all others who help with this project.

Thanks
    RTI team, looking like egg on face. Please guys, bite your tongue, try and work together so you can make the hardware as good as it can be. We will all benefit if you can work together.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sildoro View Post
    Hi all,
    I just want to say that I use only Linux (on a home computer and laptop), so I never had the opportunity to use AzUp. All upgrades (including return to the original firmware) on my Azbox Premium were done with JaZUp and I've never had any problem.
    My great thanks to the RTI team for hard work and responsiveness.
    I am also grateful to all independent developers, and especially Hectore et Pr2, without whose assistance would not use enigma 2.
    I absolutely agree : JAZUP is a great tool and I never had any problem with it. Best of all, it works under Windows, but also Linux and Mac OS X (which cannot do AZUP).

I hope everybody will focus on improving each own work, not on denigrating the very good work that has benn done by the other one.

Thanks to Hectore, PR2 and RTI team !

Best Regards.
    Last edited by skybub; 04-06-2011 at 08:11 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectore View Post
    Who is the boss in your team !
    Normally, he who pays calls the shots...

I remember a thread about another media centre based on Sigma chipset (in AZbox HD section) and who was and is, obviously, vociferously against it, so I'd say Open****e are calling the shots there, because they are investing, hence they will not support other companies... Enthusiasts/hobbyists most probably would. For the hell of it, so there's more competition, more choice, because they could, because it's a challenge. Not so if commercial interests are at stake.

How are OpenSat doing it? Through their people on the team. One of them is the boss. But it ain't telesat or The_Ripper. Anyone remembers NeotionBox aka iPod? (Anyone seen similarities in behaviour with MickeySa? Both are from the same city.) He is AZ commercial centre for the Balkans region and more. We have seen it here, on this forum, not once, not so long ago.

As for who is the most influential on RTi Team - well, judged on the evidence not only from this thread alone but other forums I read, I would say that Open****e have aligned themselves with some bad people, who exert influence on others, maybe more qualified, through the OS people on the team, because they share commercial interests.

Follow the interests, from the policy implemented and who benefits the most, onwards - and make your own minds up...

Who is the most intransigent, vain, arrogant, opposing to collaboration, who keeps lying and treating people badly on their forum, while selling, selling, selling?

But you know, OS can't be far behind such people in poor behaviour, themselves. They chose their kind of people to do their bidding.

The_Ripper seems collegiate, helping the poor deluded, scheming sod out, since maybe he thinks they are friends but... can such people be friends with anyone?

Bad atmosphere glued by money... nothing more. If money stops - see it all collapse... Like a bad marriage of convenience...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tx0 View Post
    Would some smart ^H^H^H^Hguys from Opensat tell me how to put this box into the rescue mode with official tools with that latest fw. Its quite tricky even I can't do it. Also it would be great to put into fw zip some clear instructions for turning back to official fw for users that are too lazy to google several hours for that f**ng info

for the simple jazup tool hectore & pr2 explained clearly how to update the enigma2 step by step, to save AZBOX

BUT

as per your do***ent we were struggling to put azbox in rescue mode to restore original firmware

- New way for go to rescue mode - press and hold VOL+ button (from front panel or Remote Control) during AZBox booting

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blagi View Post
    How are OpenSat doing it? Through their people on the team. One of them is the boss. But it ain't telesat or The_Ripper. Anyone remembers NeotionBox aka iPod? (Anyone seen similarities in behaviour with MickeySa? Both are from the same city.) He is AZ commercial centre for the Balkans region and more. We have seen it here, on this forum, not once, not so long ago.
    Blagi,

You are 100% right. RTi are not the White Knights hobbiest that some people still think they are. RTi is just a smoke wall hiding Opensat to avoid pursuit from DMM.
    That's was so funny to read people posts promoting RTi and flaming Opensat when we know that they are all on the same payroll and have the same goal sold more and more AZbox HD.

But I was wondering what became Neotionbox that promote so much Azbox over here in the past, and he succeed to convince me that Azbox HD will be my future HD box... more than 2 years ago. No you give me the answer... thanks!

I remember some screenshot that he post where picons for channels were displayed, I never saw this in the official firmware...

Pr2

Thanks

Icon10

Satpimps \0/

xx

[More]
    Last edited by chepejohn; 05-06-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast