Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying Spiderbox 9000hd

Banned
    Thanks

Thinking of buying Spiderbox 9000hd

Hello everyone,

Have been seriously thinking of getting Spiderbox but only for **** and

premiere league footy, I would wait until late august to do this for obvious

reasons,my friend has a spiderbox and he tells me no PLF at the moment

on spider is it worth me waiting to see what develops later on?? tommo1

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    For footy its always better to wait till the season starts, then you know whats definately showing up each week, not all promisses are kept by broadcasters.

As for the spider it was brilliant for the last year up till a month or so back, give it several more weeks to rebuild and then check it out again to see if its going satisfy your programme requirments for next season.

Thanks
    the spiderbox is still great the gift is only a small part ,i have one and am about to get another there is no kit on the market to the spiderbox.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoodf6180 View Post
    the spiderbox is still great the gift is only a small part ,i have one and am about to get another there is no kit on the market to the spiderbox.
    if you want a similar receiver that still opens channels consider the protec unlike the spiderbox it still works on the gift channels but some channels are open on the spider

Banned
    Thanks
    Hello,

And thank you for all your replies, I am going on holiday at the end of next

month so got to look after my cash short term, but will definitely consider

perhaps late in July to go for the spiderbox..thanks again..tommo1

V.I.P
    Thanks
    hi what is the free gift and r they easy to setup where motorising is concerned as i have manhattan with builtin positioner and not to sure how usuals work only had experience with positioners.

thanks

andrew

Thanks
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satwyn View Post
    if you want a similar receiver that still opens channels consider the protec unlike the spiderbox it still works on the gift channels but some channels are open on the spider

I have both makes, but i prefer the Spiderbox receiver as it's capability's do far more than the Protek Receiver, but thats just my view

V.I.P
    Thanks
    yes i also use both the vu duo is the ones i mostly use with the az for 4.2.2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satwyn View Post
    I have both boxes and would prefare the Spiderbox

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toothfairy View Post
    I have both boxes and would prefare the Spiderbox
    Can you tell us why please? I bought the spiderbox 9000HD and was considering the Proteck but due to cost difference and the fact it looked like the spiderbox was going to include the gift indefinitely at the time of purchase I bought the spiderbox instead.

I have to admit with the service+ going down I have at times wondered if I made a mistake, and before anyone says it was a gift and free I say the MAIN reason I bought the spiderbox was because of service+ thankfully service+ is starting to come back (especially today with the news about 19east ).

If service+ was not available I would not have bought the spiderbox and I suspect many other people feel the same, I could have bought cheaper stb's without the "gift" so to me there was a monetary cost to buying a receiver with service+ so it was not free, in all likelihood I would have bought the Protek therefore in my opinion service+ WAS part of the contract and calling it free is just marketing.

On the positive side having bought the Spiderbox I have to say the image quality is exceptionally good and there are some features I really like but I don't know if other stb's have the same features as I have nothing to compare it with (other than a humax 5400) hence my question.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    the spider is more flexible if you needed it for cs but just for the gift they both do basically the same thing but some of the channels they open are different the protec also usially is auto update

V.I.P
    Thanks
    so what is the free gift and r they easy to setup where motorising is concerned as i have manhattan with builtin positioner and not to sure how usuals work only had experience with positioners.

thanks

andrew

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ajp View Post
    so what is the free gift and r they easy to setup where motorising is concerned as i have manhattan with builtin positioner and not to sure how usuals work only had experience with positioners.

thanks

andrew
    There may be other costs for you.
    If your dish is 36v then ypu will also need a VBoxII or simular to move the dish.
    I had this years ago when i moved from my Echostar recievers to DreamM and Technomate.
    They are easy when set up, but does take a little time first set, I do not think there are any recievers with built in positioners now, so you will have to go through the setup change at some time.

Free gift is easy if thats what you want to run, to add a line is also easy if you have a freind.
    Me, I run a Spiderbox on my 1.2m dish and a DM800 hd-se on my 1.8m, That gives a lovely mix, but the DM takes some knowledge the Spider does nearly as much with no knowledge.

Ps
    Dont forget HD gives you extra channels you cannot get if you dont have it.
    Last edited by tr8.; 16-05-2011 at 10:07 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tr8. View Post
    There may be other costs for you.
    If your dish is 36v then ypu will also need a VBoxII or simular to move the dish.
    I had this years ago when i moved from my Echostar recievers to DreamM and Technomate.
    They are easy when set up, but does take a little time first set, I do not think there are any recievers with built in positioners now, so you will have to go through the setup change at some time.

Free gift is easy if thats what you want to run, to add a line is also easy if you have a freind.
    Me, I run a Spiderbox on my 1.2m dish and a DM800 hd-se on my 1.8m, That gives a lovely mix, but the DM takes some knowledge the Spider does nearly as much with no knowledge.

Ps
    Dont forget HD gives you extra channels you cannot get if you dont have it.
    thanks for ur advice m8 have to about it later on

andrew

V.I.P
    Thanks
    out of curiosity for those users that have both the protek and spiderbox which gives less problems as regards picture freezing and channels not opening when they should do,

dont need anything for cs but havnt made my mind up which box to go for;]

Banned
    Thanks
    re footie or infact any sport , ljs is the best place to have a look.

Thanks
    Is it me or the footy channels being omitted from sevice+ fix. a bit like viacom channels used to be omitted or sky ones due to cocern from the related authority. Now seem to be frightened of premiership broadcasting channels eg sport ones nova sport.

Banned
    Thanks
    Hello,

Got to agree with you CBo, I would only purchase the box (I know it sounds

a bit cheeky) if indeed we could watch english premiere league footy, my m8

has a spiderbox and he said towards the end of the season no premiere

league games were shown, so ultimately I will see what develops regarding

EPL games next season....tommo1

Banned
    Thanks
    with respect ,, I THINK YOU NEED TO READ SOME MORE POSTS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keith mawer View Post
    with respect ,, I THINK YOU NEED TO READ SOME MORE POSTS
    bloody hell kettle calling the teapot black ars there mate,as me old gran used to say ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast