Thread: AAF Spring Edition

Thanks

AAF Spring Edition

Latest version of Enigma for S4000 is available. Use online update if you have a version installed already.

Verified Registered User plaskotki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darrellr View Post
    Latest version of Enigma for S4000 is available. Use online update if you have a version installed already.
    How can I do this? Please help.

Thanks
    i tried the online update, but it didnt replace the splash screen with the nice flowers...LOL! so installed it from scratch using aaf maxiboot installer app.

i must say I AM IMPRESSED with this image, im recording ITV HD (fast and furious at the mo)

there is NO frame skip!! which is the first thing i look for, i then tried to find a channel with a scroller at the bottom, and it verfiied no judder....

i might actually start using E2 now....not to mention all the nice addons.....weather, radio etc....

Thanks
    great !!! im recording ITV HD and BBC HD at the same time (loop thru connection) and its as smooth AS!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    great !!! im recording ITV HD and BBC HD at the same time (loop thru connection) and its as smooth AS!!
    Sounds great! I will give it a go when I have a moment

Thanks
    if u are recording via a timer - how do you stop it? u cant press record, as it only gives the option to START a recording...

the only way is to go to timers, and delete the timer...but then if the timer is a recurring, then you dont want to do that

Thanks
    if u are recording via a timer - how do you stop it? u cant press record, as it only gives the option to START a recording...

the only way is to go to timers, and delete the timer...but then if the timer is a recurring, then you dont want to do that
    Not sure. I just delete the timer. I've never set any recurring timers so I am not sure. The AAF guys at some point told me to refer to Dreambox dm800 manual, but I have discovered that not all the same buttons have the same functions assigned to them. How does crossEPG differ from the inbuilt EPG and how you install it?

Thanks
    U INSTALL it from a plugin, and then configure it from the menu, choose to download, and then you;ll see the EPG info.

Thanks
    U INSTALL it from a plugin, and then configure it from the menu, choose to download, and then you;ll see the EPG info.
    Installed image31 lat night. It did not copy the channels and lists from the other image... I have checked the boxes. Will have to do it with dreamedit...
    This crossEPG doesn't want to work for me properly. I get the green screen a lot with it... What is the difference between the normal EPG and crossEPG?
    My impression so far-it seems a bit sleekier comparing to image25. Will need to experiment a bit more to decide which one to set as default.

Thanks
    u could have done an internet update from the menu mate on your old build - i think that retains all settings.

OR you could have chosen to backup your settings, and then restore them.

anyway, use the latest catseye settings, works a treat.

from what i can gather CrossEPG downloads the latest SKY UK EPG from the internet, in combination with COOL TV guide, yuo can get some really good EPG results, im not too fussed about EPG data, but it seems to work ok....i schedule it to download at 4am each day, thats probably overkill, and this morning, it had crashed on the "updating screen"

but timers are ok, and seems a great image.

what do u think of the picture quality, do you notice an improvement? i cannot fault it whatsoever.

re stopping a timed recording, i worked out, if you goto your timers, and choose CANCEL (or something similar - cant remember the term), it then prompts you with 4 choices, one of them being to "stop recording but leave timer intact" (or something like that)

cheers!!!
    Last edited by ManikM; 13-05-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks
    thanks for your post. The picture quality is very good, but so it is on image 27 for me. I have set cross epg to download the data. Yes, it downloads it from sky. But I cannot work out how to view it! I am sure it's probably very obvious, but I have not had time to have a good fiddle with this image yet. The crashing bit that I mentioned in one of my previous posts was probably caused by one of the skins. I have changed the skin yesterday and I've not got the grees screen since then.
    I used DreamEdIT to transfer the channel and bouquet lists from image27. It saved me a lot of time.

Thanks
    hi mate, i really advise putting this image on, quite stable, on my timed recordings, it doesnt like jumping from one sat to another to set off a timed recording, but i expect that, it DOES work, just not all the time.

ive installed the blueline skin, and the PICONS and cross epg, and its now a really nice box.

CAMD3902 is working well for EMU too

its breathed new life into the old dog

Thanks
    I am glad you're pleased with 31. I am running it from rear usb. It does play up now and then, but like it. There is noe thing I am not sure about. At some point the VFD displays message SWAP-Ram. The previous version was displaying SWAP-File. Have I pressed a wrong button during the German setup *******, or it is the way it supposed to be.
    Also when I pause live tv and I want to come out of it and change channel it tells me that there is no free tuner. However I do love the EPG where everything is displayed and you don't have to download it. I also noticed that if when you are setting the timer-it works best when you leave the very bottom setting as Auto. Oscam 4066 works good with my Cyfra+ card. Sometimes I you have to wait for several seconds for the picture, but this is really a minor thing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by plaskotki View Post
    I am glad you're pleased with 31. I am running it from rear usb. It does play up now and then, but like it. There is noe thing I am not sure about. At some point the VFD displays message SWAP-Ram. The previous version was displaying SWAP-File. Have I pressed a wrong button during the German setup *******, or it is the way it supposed to be.
    Also when I pause live tv and I want to come out of it and change channel it tells me that there is no free tuner. However I do love the EPG where everything is displayed and you don't have to download it. I also noticed that if when you are setting the timer-it works best when you leave the very bottom setting as Auto. Oscam 4066 works good with my Cyfra+ card. Sometimes I you have to wait for several seconds for the picture, but this is really a minor thing.
    i wish there was more people on here using this box, i get jealous when i see how many active threads there are for VU DUO and Dreambox, and others....

anyway, to answer a question - and im not sure how it works for u and running from USB....but, when i setup 4 internal partitions and it goes like this:

SDA1 - record (most of the disk space for recordings)
    SDA2 - usbimage1
    SDA3 - usbimage2
    SDA4 - swap

when i installed the image and run it for the first time - it asks where i want to send recordings (i.e SDA1) - then where i want to send extentions (SDA2) - then it asked where i wanted the swap file\ram (samething) (SDA4)

Thanks
    i wish there was more people on here using this box, i get jealous when i see how many active threads there are for VU DUO and Dreambox, and others....

anyway, to answer a question - and im not sure how it works for u and running from USB....but, when i setup 4 internal partitions and it goes like this:

SDA1 - record (most of the disk space for recordings)
    SDA2 - usbimage1
    SDA3 - usbimage2
    SDA4 - swap

when i installed the image and run it for the first time - it asks where i want to send recordings (i.e SDA1) - then where i want to send extentions (SDA2) - then it asked where i wanted the swap file\ram (samething) (SDA4)
    What is this swap? maybe it is to big to be stored in ram? I tried to change it to somathing else but I could not find it in settings. I could change location of record folder, epg file, but not the swap one. Any ideas where I could change it to see if it would improve the performance?
    And yes, there are very few of Icecrypt enthusiasts. At some point I considered replacing it with vu+ dou or Az boxmyself... Picture quality is something that stopped me from doing it.

Thanks
    swap is an area of Hard disk that a computer uses as memory

bit like a paging file in a windows computer.

Thanks
    Finally decided to try E2 image and first problem encountered - where to get this image file? I want USB version, but link here (http://www.aaf-digital.info/forum/sh...-Supportthread) gives 404, can you please help?

Best regards!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy86 View Post
    Finally decided to try E2 image and first problem encountered - where to get this image file? I want USB version, but link here (http://www.aaf-digital.info/forum/sh...-Supportthread) gives 404, can you please help?

Best regards!
    uploaded here mate: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...-download-here

Thanks
    Thanks a lot mate. I just got back from my vacation and I'll check Enigma this week. My point is to have some divx / mkv player, and Enigma seems to deal with that fine.
    I will post here when done, hopefully some other users will know if Enigma can meet their expectations.