Thread: AAF Spring Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by plaskotki View Post
    I am glad you're pleased with 31. I am running it from rear usb. It does play up now and then, but like it. There is noe thing I am not sure about. At some point the VFD displays message SWAP-Ram. The previous version was displaying SWAP-File. Have I pressed a wrong button during the German setup *******, or it is the way it supposed to be.
    Also when I pause live tv and I want to come out of it and change channel it tells me that there is no free tuner. However I do love the EPG where everything is displayed and you don't have to download it. I also noticed that if when you are setting the timer-it works best when you leave the very bottom setting as Auto. Oscam 4066 works good with my Cyfra+ card. Sometimes I you have to wait for several seconds for the picture, but this is really a minor thing.
    i wish there was more people on here using this box, i get jealous when i see how many active threads there are for VU DUO and Dreambox, and others....

anyway, to answer a question - and im not sure how it works for u and running from USB....but, when i setup 4 internal partitions and it goes like this:

SDA1 - record (most of the disk space for recordings)
    SDA2 - usbimage1
    SDA3 - usbimage2
    SDA4 - swap

when i installed the image and run it for the first time - it asks where i want to send recordings (i.e SDA1) - then where i want to send extentions (SDA2) - then it asked where i wanted the swap file\ram (samething) (SDA4)

Verified Registered User plaskotki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    i wish there was more people on here using this box, i get jealous when i see how many active threads there are for VU DUO and Dreambox, and others....

anyway, to answer a question - and im not sure how it works for u and running from USB....but, when i setup 4 internal partitions and it goes like this:

SDA1 - record (most of the disk space for recordings)
    SDA2 - usbimage1
    SDA3 - usbimage2
    SDA4 - swap

when i installed the image and run it for the first time - it asks where i want to send recordings (i.e SDA1) - then where i want to send extentions (SDA2) - then it asked where i wanted the swap file\ram (samething) (SDA4)
    What is this swap? maybe it is to big to be stored in ram? I tried to change it to somathing else but I could not find it in settings. I could change location of record folder, epg file, but not the swap one. Any ideas where I could change it to see if it would improve the performance?
    And yes, there are very few of Icecrypt enthusiasts. At some point I considered replacing it with vu+ dou or Az boxmyself... Picture quality is something that stopped me from doing it.