Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: figure out your most southern satellite based on longitude

Thanks
    mmg, longitude and latitude in the receiver are used in case USALS is used.
    You can use Diseqc 1.2 and move dish left and right to find the satellite positions and then save them.
    For example selecting Go to 0 or Go to home , it will drive the motor to the center, that means position 0 on motor which of course is your south.

Thanks

Digipower sg2100a motor

Quote Originally Posted by snakie View Post
    Forget about settings.
    You need to setup the motor in the centre to receive the 33 degrees satellite.
    You need to manual have a strong frequency for that.
    Once you have signal on that sat,then move the motor manually with remote to the left side.
    When i say left side, i mean the lnb facing the left side as from behind the dish.
    While moving it that way you should find hellasat, the signal will not be optimum.
    Then move the whole motor bracket little bit to the left also ( the centre was 33 deg now moving it to 34-35 which is the correct south for you ).
    You keep moving it slowly slowly till you get the maximum signal and quality and mark the place for it.

Connect the cable from lnb to the signal meter,then from that to the motor, and from motor to receiver.
    If its meter with needle, adjust the sensitivity of it not to be very sensitive.
    A trick is to have the dish pointing nowhere, all the cables connected, and adjust the needle to be in the middle of the screen level.
    This way you know once you have some signal coming around the dish position, the needle will move.

Also,forget about elevation,you will find it when you adjust the dish on 33.
    And does the motor says latitude and you put 55?When it says latitude you must put the correct latitude,35 ...
    Snakie i have done this and got eurobird 33 east The signal only came in with dish elevation at 28 degrees, the motor was zeroed and reset, i stored the position too in receiver just to make sure that it was my start point at zero, I have marked position on the pole, I moved with remote to the lefted has you stated and got hellasat too,The signal at 33e is 57% signal 25% quality,with picture on tv ok, hellasat 39e 62% signal 98% quality, I have tried to move from east to west going to other sats with remote in both user and installer mode signals go up and down on them 100% astra 19e but get no qualitiy at all to lock on to any of them, IF i now try to bring the elavation down to 24 has it states for my longitude and latitude i lose everything.( I dont know what to do from here now)
    Last edited by mmg123; 06-05-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks
    So the motor is actually moving left and right across the arc but you dont get any signal?

Thanks
    Yes snakie i get signals,its just not coming up with the quality to lock on to the sat positions. ? the 28 degrees elevation on dish gets me, when it states 24 and i have had it at 24 26 and on 26 i got turk sat and hellas 100% ******* 89% hellas locked both with great quality too, its weird to put it upto 28 and get my 33e position, 24 25 26 27(28)AND I GET 33E.

Thanks
    ps, This is the dish i had fixed trying to get hellas remember, i can pin point hellas now to this blade of grass in the feild here were i am, this dish is a 1.2m from carrfore i bought it about i would say 5 years ago, i think the suns turned the bracket bolts into rubber. lol

Thanks
    that means your motor is not in right position.
    Remember that once you get 33,you must turn the whole motor little to the left,just to loose reception from 33.
    So by moving it to the left should face 34-35 which is the correct south.
    Then try again Hellasat.Normally you should get quality of 90-100% on some transponders.
    Dont care about signal.

Thanks
    Thank you, Snakie

I will try it later and post back, So far following your advise is working out for me, I think i am trying to hard and and getting confused looking at things. Also i was 5 foot nine and a half tall when i started doing this, now i am 5ft, and the steps are abit worn out in the building. (All for a better selection of tv veiwing.)

Thanks
    oh, snakie

The elevation at 28 degrees should i leave it at that, or try tweak it down with the meter on.

Thanks
    I never look at the degrees,except the one for motor elevation, which is actually 90 minus your lattitude.
    So on the motor scale you either have lattitude or you have elevation (90-34 for cyp).

Forget about the rest of maths,just play with the dish and frequencies to get quality.

1 last thing,as i said earlier,its easier to fix the arc with a smaller dish , 80cm.
    Then you can replace it with the bigger one without touching the motor at all.

Thanks

Do it

Snakie,

I have finally do it, thank you for all your help, i extended my mount higher with a new 2ft pole so i had better movement up and down the pole, got all good signals and quality on all sats, dish elevation i just tweaked it down a notch to 27,

Thanks also to everybody for your help comments and pacients with me. :bowing-036: :cheers2::respect-051:

Thanks
    Then what about some photos for the fellow pimpers to see?

Thanks
    yes, i will ??? can you see i have painted it all with a chrome aerosol to reflect the sun.

Thanks
    Just so long as the sun is never in such a position as to "cook" your LNB!

Thanks
    :beatdeadhorse5::banghead:
    Quote Originally Posted by mmg123 View Post
    yes, i will ??? can you see i have painted it all with a chrome aerosol to reflect the sun.
    you want a matt finish on your dish as you dont want to reflect the sun onto your lnb as said you will fry it,if this was best practice they would come from manufacturer chromed

Thanks
    sun cooked lnb served with some halloumi hahahaha
    Get your stuff in white costume to avoid overheating.

Thanks
    No, guys i only painted the mount and motor, will post some pics, got to cliam on roof for last time this month i hope all is secured up there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123