Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Err:NoDisk.... Connect AS

Thanks

Err:NoDisk.... Connect AS

Getting this error message on my AZBox Elite and it's refusing to boot up. Read that some people with the premium version have had this error, something to do with the HDD, but Elite doesn't have a HDD so does anyone have any idea whats up? Is my AZBox knackered?

Thanks
    If it reads the usb the put a new fresh copy of the FW on the usb and re-do all

Thanks
    It does read the USB, but when i try to upgrade from it, it says failed then tries to boot again, which fails also!

Thanks
    Hi Satsearcher

Is your problem solved ?

regards

Thanks
    Yes seems to be at the moment, but don't really know why or how! Read somewhere about the memory chip inside that has a switch on it, tried switching it the other way, didn't work, switched it back, then it worked, but only once! The next attempt at a reboot resulted in the same error message, so sort of gave it up as a bad job, left it unplugged for a couple of days. Plugged it back in after 2 days and it booted fine and has done since, but still just waiting for it to happen again!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    It reads a bit [if you're a Yank]: "...connect ass" [as in ar*e]... For OS to give a you a bit more of their good rodgering...

Sorry, just had to...

Carry on, with AZ mysteries... We do have a few, don't we...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SatSearcher View Post
    Read somewhere about the memory chip inside that has a switch on it, tried switching it the other way, didn't work, switched it back, then it worked, but only once!
    can you provide any details on what/where this switch is oe even a link to where you read about it?

thx

Thanks
    Hi,

Which operations do you perform on your Azbox to get it in this state?
    Do you install E2 on it? Do you install the boot from USB (FW4USB)?

Pr2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhammer View Post
    can you provide any details on what/where this switch is oe even a link to where you read about it?

thx
    I found out about this here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=123234 it's the 5th reply.

Didn't have E2 installed at the time, did try it a few weeks ago but went back to original FW and it worked fine for a couple of weeks till this happened!

Thanks

connect as

i had this problem before so i tried all possibilties jtag recovering az tutorial bought a new cf card and an adaptor and a new 1GB dom with no joy untill i came across a thread in another known forum then realized that my problem was hardware with the great help from the gentleman who started the thread i managed to rise my box from the dead the hardware in question was QF3 check whether it's toasted hope your eyesight is good enough if it is then you will need a bit of soldering am afraid good luck

Thanks
    Just to revive this thread, i had this problem back in march, couldn't seem to fix it so just left the box off for a few days, next time i tried booting it, it worked, and has done till now, but now getting this problem again! Tried all the above but no luck, anyone else got any advice on this?

Thanks
    The no disk will come up if the DOM is playing up on the elite. As a first line of trouble shooting simply pop it out and then put it back in. Sometimes it needs reseating. If that doesn't work then try replacing it and reloading a firmware. They're not that expensive (under £20 for a 2 - 4 GB one on that famous auction site).

Psi

Thanks
    Thanks for the info. So if i take the cover off, which bit is the DOM? Don't want to be pulling the wrong bit out!

Thanks
    The dom is a dark coloured box that sits into a standard 40 pin hard drive connector on the main board. It's about 5cms long, 3cms tall and 0.8 cms wide and looks a bit like this:
    transcend_256mb_40pin.jpg
    You can't miss it.

Psi

PS: Sorry for the late reply. Been away for a few days with the missus.

Thanks
    Thanks for that, found it, taken it out and reinserted it a few times, still no joy! Flicked the switch on it too but that didn't make any difference either! If i buy a new DOM is it likely to fix this problem or could it be that the box is just knackered? Found a 2gb one for sale for £17, is it worth buying?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    had this problem too here is what i did, load firmware 0.9.5308 on a usb now rename it patch in lower case, now turn off the az with the power switch and put
    the usb in the az and turn the power back on and you should get the blue screen now format the app and then load the firmware after that you will need
    to ues a DOMEraser to clean out the DOM.

Thanks
    Thanks, but it won't even let me do that! The VFD display is booting, checking then straight to the error message, doesn't even recognize the USB stick.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    did you rename the firmware = patch = and nothing else just patch.

Thanks
    Yes, tried patch.bin, and just patch, same result!

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    you need to remove the keep alive memory battery for about 30 min with all the power off and then try to force load firmware 5308

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast