Thread: fan causing loads of dust on dm

Thanks

fan causing loads of dust on dm

just stripped my dm to try a new bluray drive but bugger wont fit to big upon opening lid the dm was covererd in layers of dust obviously sucked in by the fan .
    i have been haveing quite a lot of tuner problems and quite a noticeable loss in picture quaily just wondered if this is related to the dust
    and is it ok to run the dm8000 with out the fan just spent an hour cleaning it

Thanks
    I run My fan, at the lowest speed possible (about 125 on voltage), disable pwm and fan turned off on standby.
    But in months, it's impossible to not have dust (same with pc's), that's why it's important to open the machine every 8/12 months, and do a good clean !

Thanks
    yep think ill do my clean sooner as i need a new set of lungs after blowing that lot out

V.I.P
    Thanks

Fan

Could do without it? I have run mine for nearly a year with HDD and DVD but no problems without fan, but make sure there is plenty of airspace round the machine. As passete says - just like a computer the gathering dust will slow system and response down considerably. try without? - BW - Brain

Thanks
    yep after a good clean everthing now seems back to normal everything has speeded up again plugins internet etc .
    picture quality has come back to where it was now i thought it was my new tv been ****ing about with settings all week
    just wished i could get oozoon to record onto ntfs formatted usb hd dm doesnt seem to get as hot when record onto fat 32 usb hd but keep getting the messsage not enough space from fat 32 hdd