Thread: Worst Software Ever!

Thanks

Worst Software Ever!

Does anyone agree that the user interface on the Vantage 7100S is the most badly thought-out ever? I've owned one of these receivers since it came out and I only ever take it out of the box when a firmware update comes along to see have Vantage corrected any of the "basic" flaws in their user interface, only to put it back in the box again before it gets bounced off a wall!
    For example;
    Why are the pre-stored Satellites not in geographical order?
    Why, when you are on a particular satellite and then go to the menu to do a scan, does it keep giving you the message "Go To Satellite" when you're already on it!!!
    Why aren't the channels numbered per satellite?
    The list goes on - and on. What a shame as this COULD be a really good receiver. Please post what you think.

Cheers,
    Tez-Tech.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If it's like the 8000 the sat list is mainly for German/central European users. Geopgraphical order isn't a big issue if all you're using is 19E and 13E.

How often are you using the setup anyways?

Thanks
    Hi m8, I've got 2 motorised systems, both 1.2m STAB and Technomate 6900 Super. Don't use the Vantage because it's just too frustrating. I leave it in it's box in the attic so I don't f**k it out the window!

Thanks
    Fully agree with Tez-Tech, my X221 is the same. My satellites list starts with 19E, 13E, 42E, 5E - what is the logic in this? Satellite names should be in orbital position order and it wouldn't be so bad if there was a facility to reorder satellite names, it is bad enough to rename a satellite. One of the few things I liked about my old Technomate was that channel numbers started from 1 on each satellite. My Vantage channel number allocation is consecutive regardless of which satellite. Consequently, sometimes I press channel up and the dish starts moving to another satellite.

Sorry about this rant but with today's technology and know-how it shouldn't be that difficult to apply some user friendliness.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpernel View Post
    Fully agree with Tez-Tech, my X221 is the same. My satellites list starts with 19E, 13E, 42E, 5E - what is the logic in this? Satellite names should be in orbital position order and it wouldn't be so bad if there was a facility to reorder satellite names, it is bad enough to rename a satellite. One of the few things I liked about my old Technomate was that channel numbers started from 1 on each satellite. My Vantage channel number allocation is consecutive regardless of which satellite. Consequently, sometimes I press channel up and the dish starts moving to another satellite.

Sorry about this rant but with today's technology and know-how it shouldn't be that difficult to apply some user friendliness.
    Sent my 7100 back as 'not fit for purpose' the software is total crap!!

Thanks
    Well a few comments there that don't think the Vantage is up to much. Anybody think we can do anything about it? Get onto Vantage maybe? or is there someone who can write their own version of the firmware? I dunno, but what a pity it such a pile of total s**t!

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Well,
    I have 2 boxes -- 7100 and 221 S Ci and like both of them. I guess satellite order is prepared for Turkish market ( maybe it's Turkish company located in Germany or mayve software is written by Turks). I have couple other HD tuners as well but Vantage is basic one due to picture quality, SATA option available. And my motorized system is operated by Vantage due to stability and repeatability. So my opinion is different to yours. I guess you can complain in their site vantage-digital