Thread: Is it me, the receiver or a common problem??

Thanks

Question Is it me, the receiver or a common problem??

Bought the 9000 HD about 6 weeks ago from our sponsers and set it up with no problem.

Then a mate came to stay the night and he loves his **** so left him to it.

Next morning fired up the machine and all the channels had gone.

Thought it was him fiddling about so reloaded the channel list and all was OK.

Channels have disappeard three times now as have my longitude and latitude settings. Ability to do search shows great quality press search quality bar disappears. Also sort by frequency sometimes disappears.

Is it me or is it a machine with a leaky memory or is it a general fault of the 9000hd.

Bemused and iritated

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    Usually this seems to occur when the receiver is turned off, instead of being put in standby mode.
    Some owners seem to turn the receiver off at the plug without first turning it off using the remote, or switch on the receiver, allowing it to save the data.
    Did your friend do this?
    If this isn't the problem try backing up your channel list then carrying out a factory reset.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    I always turn off at the mains, never using the remote and never had this issue.
    I have read others have had this issue, but seems to be a very small amount.
    Best to always back up info and use remote to turn off, then at the mains to be safe.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    This happend to my once.
    The reciver was turn off at the back.
    When I was going to turn it on, I pushed some buttoms in the front before I realished It was turn off at the back. Then it did a factory reset when I turn it on. Dont know how, perhaps I pushed some buttoms in the front at the same time I turn it on at the back.
    /F

Thanks
    No problems here,try a surge protecter on your plug m8.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    I always turn off at the mains, never using the remote and never had this issue.
    I have read others have had this issue, but seems to be a very small amount.
    Best to always back up info and use remote to turn off, then at the mains to be safe.
    same here , and never lost the channel list or info or anything at all , in fact mine are set to turn off overnight using a mains timer and surge protector and they switch back on every morning with no problems

but I do keep copies/backups of the channel list which takes econds to do onto a usb stick , and I also write down any other critical settings like av settings and the networking setup

Thanks
    Yes you will notice when powring down (if you have scanned or added channels) there is a message with a delayed shutdown that says " Saving channels" the box obviously can't do this if you shut all power at the mains and so you can be left with no saved channels! well at least thats my theory that certainly occurs with me when I have been swapping memory sticks,hard drives when loading new patches/softcams so I always save a list to hard drive before loading a softcam.
    Last edited by markinstien; 16-03-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: type errror