Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hdd Problem

Thanks

Hdd Problem

Hi,

Had problems with DM800 so took it to get fixed but they put on a new image etc. and cannot get my external HDD to play the recorded files.
    The info on the box shows:- Enigma ramiMAHER v5 , Image Experimental 2011-02-19, Detected HDD: ATA (300.068GB 202547MB Free)

When I press the video button all of the recorded programs on the HDD show but at the bottom left of the screen is the coloured buttons for use with the HDD but an N/A is next to them and when I press any of the buttons I get the hand with a cross on it.
    I recorded a program yesterday and it shows in the list so the HDD is recognized and records OK but I cannot get it to play any of the recorded programs. I've looked everywhere in the menu's but can't find out how to enable the HDD to play.

Any help appreciated,

Dave

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    well I have mentioned to you in the past the problems caused by using out of date images or those that are buggy, not using mainstream images or whatever you wish to call it

look at what you have written above ^^^^

Enigma ramiMAHER v5 , Image Experimental 2011-02-19

maybe one day you will use a mainstream image like oozoon or nabilo or dreamelite or edg-nemesis or gemini or ones that are recommended to you, I even asked a question myself about what images were out now in order to update my box recently

the other problem here is you are leaving it to others to do the work and so are totally reliant on what they are doing

but as I recently downloaded about half a dozen images , none with the name you quoted , and none with the word EXPERIMENTAL in them , I think I can safely guess the reasons for your present problem. its also likely that nobody here is using said image and so nobody would know anything about it, I know I dont !

maybe oozoon or some similar up to date mainstream image will solve your problems but I dont think using beta firmware will

update

just looked for this image in google and a new one was released on 03 mar 2011 and one of the bug fixes was video play

Exclusive new Driver newnigma2-release-dm800-v3-1-6 #76D ramiMAHER

Was run

1- Video play

2- accept additions installed through tools via the dcc2

3- webinterface

4- Patched driver dreambox-dvb-modules_2.6.18-7.4-dm800 2011-3-2

Thanks
    Hi Echelon,
    I didn't install the image. As I said above I took the box to a chap here in Tenerife because I couldn't find mgcamd on any of the plugins unknown to me he installed the image and I wasn't pleased because I also had to install my service list etc.

I got the box back off him on Friday evening and recorded the NUFC match yesterday afternoon and last night was when I realised I had a problem, as you can imagine I was not to pleased when I realised I couldn't watch it. I rang him and told hom my feelings on the matter but obviously he can't do anything till Monday. At least you've helped me in as much as I know the image is faulty and it's nothing to do with menu's etc.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks
    Just an after thought, I guess the reason he installed that image is because his name is ********> RAMI.
    I was quite happy with the Image I had so seeing your on my case so to speak what image would you recommend and I'll tell him to install that.

Dave

V.I.P
    Thanks

Hdd

@davecabezo
    Hi M8
    I can see your problem and I also see the reason for E's reply. Anyway, as passete has said probably the best one atm is Nemesis 2.2. Download from this site and then do a web install. If you have saved all your settings then just add them.Adding tunisiasat and updater - s a t a ng e l you will have all the fun you want and should be able to find recordings unless they have benn affected by the odd image in which case you may see them in hdd but they may not play. Oozoon and Peter pan2.2 are two of my other favourites. Good Luck - Brain

Thanks
    Thanked 7,747 Times in 2,327 Posts
    one point that is being missed here is that the image that has been installed on your box
    is a patched image for an 800 Clone
    do not try putting oozoon or 'any old image' on this box
    your best bet will probably be the one mentioned by Echelon above
    Exclusive new Driver newnigma2-release-dm800-v3-1-6 #76D ramiMAHER
    just make sure you use a patched image that suits your box's bootloader
    St.O

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davecabezo View Post
    Hi Echelon,
    I didn't install the image. As I said above I took the box to a chap here in Tenerife because I couldn't find mgcamd on any of the plugins unknown to me he installed the image and I wasn't pleased because I also had to install my service list etc.

I got the box back off him on Friday evening and recorded the NUFC match yesterday afternoon and last night was when I realised I had a problem, as you can imagine I was not to pleased when I realised I couldn't watch it. I rang him and told hom my feelings on the matter but obviously he can't do anything till Monday. At least you've helped me in as much as I know the image is faulty and it's nothing to do with menu's etc.

Regards,

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by davecabezo View Post
    Just an after thought, I guess the reason he installed that image is because his name is ********> RAMI.
    I was quite happy with the Image I had so seeing your on my case so to speak what image would you recommend and I'll tell him to install that.

Dave

some points to clarify here

1) I never said you did install that image , I read and fully understood your post when you said a man in the shop did it , and that was your reply to me some years ago about the old image , so why you think that I think you installed that new image is beyond me

2) my point here and in the past is that you are taking it to a shop to get the work done , and yet you post on here when it all goes wrong , the correct place to voice a complaint would be to the person who did the work

3) you should be installing the images and plugins yourself , not leaving it to shop owners to do this for you or without asking you. that way you can control what goes on the box and fix any problems

4) I googled that image file ( which you could and should have done ) and found that there were updated images by that guy , one of which is supposed to fix the problem you talked about , and that in any case its supposedly for a clone dreambox and also experimental too , which you clearly said in post1 ( so its not really for original boxes anyway )

5) its been widely reported that plugins like cams have been removed from download sites , which will be why you could not find one to install , but on the other hand several plugin addons have been posted on here to address this download problem , tunisiasat , ferrari , ppanel and maybe others too

so not reading , not keeping up to date , not using the internet to check details , and trusting a shop owner that messes with your box without permission are just some of the failings here , and if you paid him for this work it clearly wasnt up to scratch

you seriously should rethink how you deal with your original dreambox , as it seems to me not enough research has been undertaken in 4 years of ownership , not enough efort has been put in to address the issues with the image that was on it , and you definitely should not be putting right another mans wrongs , even if he was the image author

sorry , but it has to be said , and I wouldnt treat my original dreambox this way , or allow it to be treated in such a manner by others to an expensive box like ours

but I also think you may find its ok when the new image goes onto it , unless there are other "experimental" bugs in it

edg , oozoon , peterpan or one of the other images would have been a better option in my opiniuon , and why you asked me about images again I dont understand as I already mentioned them in my first reply. this does not mean I am running them or have tested them or anything , but looking on the forums and at other replies its quite clear many members use them successfully

Thanks
    An update to my prob's with HDD etc.

I have had to leave the DM with the guy because he didn't have time to put on a new image straight away, although he did say that the Nemises 2.2 would not go onto my DM because it was too old, just to prove his point he did try while I was there and a message did say that I must upgrade the box to be able to use the image.

Before I took the box to him I checked the authenticity of the box on the Dreambox site and everything checked out OK but the box was made in July 2008. I asked if it could be upgraded with new software but he said no it needed a new card internally.

He said he would find a good image for me and to pick the box back up this evening and I'll let you know what image he has installed tomorrow.

I will now try to get a little more involved with the DM as I know I can install an image but would possibly need a little help with installing the ccam etc. It does look however that unless I upgrade the box, again difficult here in Tenerife, I'm going to be restricted on what image's etc I can install.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks
    seems to be he stuck a clone sim card in it as that may prevent you using up to date images , and it may account for the installation of the clone image too

if that box was genuine ( and you assured me that it was due to being from the forum sponsor AND you checked it years ago with the dreambox genuine checker plugin ) then I would say it should deffo allow use of any new image regardless

so the fact it doesnt allow original images sets off warning bells to me

as for installing plugin downloaders , usually you just ftp into the tmp folder and install using the manual installer in addons manager , then its just a case of installing from the plugin menu

you can be assured we will help you when you need it , but all facts need to be given and also what programs you are using , like dcc or flashfxp , dreamboxedit or dreamset , and what windows os you use too

Thanks
    Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,494 Posts
    A few points to pick out.

1) If the box is an original it will take any image.

2) ramiMAHER is not a coder, he takes the work of others and bodges it to work on clones so all the decent work done by the original coders is generally messed up.

3) It takes less than 10 minutes to flash and set up one of these box's so I would question if the man in the shop is much of an expert

4) There is enough information on this board alone to sink a ship when it comes to setting up one of these box's, I suggest you take an hour or two to study.

People like myself, Echelon and ian to name a few are not experts but we take the time to read and teach ourselves.

If you get your image of choice loaded and get stuck on the final hurdle then come back and I am sure you will have far more satisfaction when you can sort these things yourself.

Thanks
    Many thanks for your replies,

As I said I've to pick up the box tonight but what really concerns me is the fact that you say any image should install on my DM. Just before I took it to him I again checked on the Dreambox.de site and put in my 12 digit code and the info returned matched the serial No and Mac address on the sticker on the base of the DM. Would the dream box still show up as genuine if he did indeed change the sim card?

Regards,

Dave

V.I.P
    Thanks

Dm 800

@davecabezo
    Hi M8
    there really s no reason for the box not to take whatever is put in it. It will update as requested. There is also a genuine DB plugin most images have and that should come back with a code if the box is genuine 'Genuine dreambox' and most images come with this installed for use. Can you get on line? If so, I suspect it doesnt matter where you are[except perhaps china - lol where internet gets turned off very quickly,] - if you have internet then you can webflash it, download the standard upgrades and also find the addons.
    @sonic
    you do yourself, and probably Echelon and others, an injustice - you seem to have the measure very well of all these boxes and are a great help. Brain

Thanks
    Again Many thanks for your replies but if possible is there anyone on the forum that can give me an answer to the following, before I go to pick up my DB at 4.30
    Before I took the box to him I verified it with Dreambox.de and entered the 12 digit code they came back with the details as printed on the sticker on the bottom of the DB. so the box is genuine but Is it possible that if he changed the sim card in the box would it not load Nemises 2.2 or any genuine DB image? The DM was manufactured in June 2008.
    Last year when I took the box to him he mentioned he had to replace a "chip" I'm now wondering if he has butchered my DM to make a clone appear genuine. I just rang him and he was annoyed at my insinuation so you can understand that I must be sure of my facts before I go to confront him. He also just said that the reason it wont load nemises is something to do with the bootloader.

Please can someone clarify my concerns and give if possible reasons for the DM to reject the Nemises Image

Regards,

Dave

Thanks
    Hi mate, Can you let me know the name of the shop (via pm) as i live in tenerife and dont know of any shops here dealing with DM.

Thanks
    Hi Quailman,

He operates from home and runs a local server. PM me and I'll give you his name.

Regards,

Dave

V.I.P
    Thanks

Dm 800

@davecabezo
    If you go to web flash it does it reject altogether or does it come up with e screen that says 'if you see this screen your box does not have etc -' I cant remember the rest. It will also say it doesnt matter you can just flash etc and this word about two thirds of the way down will also be highlighted and a way to start the flash system. It will also load the system2 needed to allow Nemesis onto the box. BA is atm then the only way you can manage the USB or HDD backup images, cos Meoboot .96 is not compatible and .99 is, as far as I know only a bout atm for the VU+. A shame really cos I, as a non techy found the Meoboot sufficient and very easy to use. Good Luck with your visit. Brain

Thanks
    OK got my DM back and he denies that he has tampered with the DM but he took it more calmly than I would. He has put on Nabilo Black Hole and he says it's for the legit box not a clone. Unfortunately I'm out with the MinLaw tonight and have to take her to the Airport tomorrow but I will take pictures of the inside of the box and also all the data I can find and post it tomorrow.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks
    I suppose it depends which BH he has used and if its legit BH or a clone version

taking pictures may not prove anything , we know its been tampered with but have no idea what or why

had it been legit , the latest images would work , that is a fact

Thanks
    i Just add one Thing, Why Installing such an OLD Image ?
    A Bit "Wierd" ...

Thanks
    Hi,
    Just got back in after good meal out. Connected the DM and at first the image appeared as it booted up but then the Full HD TV went blank and produced a message "Out of Range" cannot understand it unless he changed the settings for scart instead of HDMI. Will try the scart connection tomorrow as women are watching TV and "access is denied".

Regards,

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast