Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOT THEIR tm800 BACK REPORT IN PLEASE

Thanks

Can people who have sent their TM800 off please report in

Hi guys.

Am still looking at getting one of these and was wonderinghow everyone who sent them in to Technomate for reflashing (whatever it the term is ) are getting on.

I see the last thread has been closed on this so if we could just have a genuine q&a and no "I told you so" it will be great.
    Last edited by noff; 17-02-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Thanks
    CAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOT THEIR tm800 BACK REPORT IN PLEASE

!?
    Why you Angry !? by "Caps" i think you should ask politly ...lol

But will be difficut any of members owned Tm 800 to have honest reports...Becuse many of them who start advertising by porpouse or by mistake in this forum have sold in **** for half price or have talk bad thinks on others forum in the please where TM try misleed people....and in this forum they shut up..( I can copypaste if you like all ..lol)

I hope they get act and tell truth one time for ever.... .... .

Haw i says i have no think againt other TM boxes ...But Tm 800 was a big fail from start and the bigest Misleeding Advertise...even after 12months do not do even 50% of what is write in Gift box...

For that TM company is disperate to sell tht box....Just they start in What magazine and reduse price from 259 to 229 ..before the magzine come out now price 199....that mean haw disperate they are just t o rid of this box from their hends...For facts.

Thanks
    Sorry for the caps DM, didnt realise the lock was on and have now corrected it, hope the shouting didn't wake you.

As for everything else you said, i don't think you read my post. You definitly haven't answered it.

They really 199 now, sounds like a bargain could be had.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noff View Post
    Sorry for the caps DM, didnt realise the lock was on and have now corrected it, hope the shouting didn't wake you.

As for everything else you said, i don't think you read my post. You definitly haven't answered it.

They really 199 now, sounds like a bargain could be had.

he he he

Mate i love read the Post ,bucause only like that i can learn who really need help or if i can learn some think from any oneand who relly loking only advertise a dead box.

Bargain of what !?

Buy stb 50% of options not wroking with Nxp cpu...China...every one unhappy ..a part of TM emplyoers they re all ways happy .lol

This is what i do not like m8 Mislleding people.... this 40.000 forum if that box was good you could see 100-1000 people talking nice about it...! but this silence talk but it self...

To be honet that box is for me or some people like play or like develop thinks not not for end users...because is not ready...That box is sold in stabe of beta images and still has no even their own s/w. maybe need another 2 years when nxp cpu can stablish more it self..in 6 months been sold in 3 diffent companies for that the sorce code been change all ways...
    that is even the reaal reason TM and Itgate has called back their stb not to fix them but to change the sorce.

They can leing any one in street and their coustemers and i can all ways show the truth, becouse i am part of this business i know all what is going on in market....

just for you info....i had offer 43 dollar Nxp cpu from china and i never like put in UK market becouse is not product for UK...

Our freinds here who open one thread bought Tm 800 he says in his fist post here was happy.....he bought 259+ 49 wir.. + 50HDD = £358 hs sold in **** for less then £200,,,,and bought Vu+...

in the end TM try their best with the big advertise like all ways the "bets box in the world"...and fail double...not only s.w but even with their supporter coustemers ..becouse have not been honest...

Thanks
    Hi buddy,

Had mine back for about a month, signal problem is sorted.... sometimes on reboot it dont find the hard drive, reboot again and it seems Ok

I have noticed another firmware unpgrade was released a week or so ago, so I will try that in the near future.

I know there was a problem with the wi-fi, but as I dont have the wifi on mine I can not comment

Thanks
    No sure if this is already posted elsewhere on this forum, but taken from another forum:

If you want to be happy with your tm800 please read bellow

I do beta testing for tm800 and have full board tm800
    ---------------------
    this is the way I test 02-02-11 and test has been 100% successful please do not use any other images use only UR for this test
    Below testing is to give you confidence that there is nothing wrong with tm800 image and hard ware once you happy
    download anything's you want but download them one at the time until you find what causing the problem
    Many member are happy and do not see any problem few not by doing below test I am sure you will be happy as I am happy and many more
    ---------------------------------
    section one
    In my experience with tm-800 if instruction fallowed as below there will not be any green screen or freezing or any other faults with image 02-02-11
    -----------
    1-Download by USB and get image from download centre only 02-02-11 not other places {it might be possible image has been corrupted by different means
    2-Do full factory reset .
    3-Fallow ****** and download default channel list {if hard disk or wifi leave it for after ignore at this moment }
    4-Turn off from rear for one minute
    5-Test all functions use c:lines test all channels motor as many functions as you can
    when test completed and you are 100% fully satisfied there is nothing wrong no green screen or freezing
    6-press on USB button to find hard disk and format it off/on from rear then test all PVR functions working perfect
    7-use wifi setting .
    8-If above has problem continues download 02-02-11 again by USB ..may be image was not downloaded properly,
    ---------------------------------------
    section 2
    why green screen or freezing or menu slow down or not working properly

1-when section one done after use delete channel list by pressing blue button once see menu press red button delete channel list download your channel list
    play with receiver if any problem channel list is doing
    --if all ok
    2-download any plaguing one by one and test each time and add as last one did not show any problem
    3-add any thing in add on one by one
    4-if there is problem find out which add-on or plagins or any new entry created problem go back and start again.
    5-adding cams channel list and more add on of any kind will create memory hung-up in the ram this will create problem
    6-turn off/on from rear to dispose of collected ram
    7-make sure signal is always above 80%
    ---------------
    if above creating problem do factory rest and start from section one
    --------------------------
    as I know and test Linux boxes at least few hours a day I found out why some members getting problems
    1-using different channel list from any Linux receivers expecting to work perfect {this is wrong if create problem then no point in using it }
    2-Too many cams-add-on-skins Etc. have been saved this will slow down the receiver so delete what you do not want
    3-do not download another channel list on the top of exciting one--delete first before scan or download
    4-turn off tm800 from the back at least 2 or 3 times a week
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    If you have tm-800 with 100s of problems check first
    1-check if jtag done
    2-check for latest image 02-02-11
    3-after download do as per section one.
    ----------------------
    Image 02-02-11 is a total re vamp of all and it is totally different to past image for last few days over 1100 download done from download centre.
    please take my advise and download this image from download centre it is the best till today and test result has been 100% ok

Thanks
    @Ricke20= Digi do not get people for stupid...

This is from Dr Linux TM employ together with Digi Boy TM boy...lol The most Misleeders and fake advertisers people i see in my life.
    Shame to them and people follow them do not say the real truth...

I do not understend some members i do not like to nominte name from Satpims has bought the box and got rid of it why do not show and help different members to led them to the reality Truth..

If we going trust them ...they have 12months saying the best box in the world even are more then 50% of options bugs importend not working..even they advertise in their Gift Box and trick their coustemers...

Thanks
    Thanks for that input Rickie.

Like to hear from a few others about their experiences too if possible, but if what DM said is true about the price I may get one of these for easter instead of an egg.

Thanks

Like to hear from a few others about their experiences too if possible, but if what DM said is true about the price I may get one of these for easter instead of an egg.

Hi mate you like this threaad go on no porblem m8...he he

I will continiu for you looks like is dead..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickie_20 View Post
    No sure if this is already posted elsewhere on this forum, but taken from another forum:

If you want to be happy with your tm800 please read bellow

I do beta testing for tm800 and have full board tm800
    ---------------------
    this is the way I test 02-02-11 and test has been 100% successful please do not use any other images use only UR for this test
    Below testing is to give you confidence that there is nothing wrong with tm800 image and hard ware once you happy
    download anything's you want but download them one at the time until you find what causing the problem
    Many member are happy and do not see any problem few not by doing below test I am sure you will be happy as I am happy and many more
    ---------------------------------
    section one
    In my experience with tm-800 if instruction fallowed as below there will not be any green screen or freezing or any other faults with image 02-02-11
    -----------
    1-Download by USB and get image from download centre only 02-02-11 not other places {it might be possible image has been corrupted by different means
    2-Do full factory reset .
    3-Fallow ****** and download default channel list {if hard disk or wifi leave it for after ignore at this moment }
    4-Turn off from rear for one minute
    5-Test all functions use c:lines test all channels motor as many functions as you can
    when test completed and you are 100% fully satisfied there is nothing wrong no green screen or freezing
    6-press on USB button to find hard disk and format it off/on from rear then test all PVR functions working perfect
    7-use wifi setting .
    8-If above has problem continues download 02-02-11 again by USB ..may be image was not downloaded properly,
    ---------------------------------------
    section 2
    why green screen or freezing or menu slow down or not working properly

1-when section one done after use delete channel list by pressing blue button once see menu press red button delete channel list download your channel list
    play with receiver if any problem channel list is doing
    --if all ok
    2-download any plaguing one by one and test each time and add as last one did not show any problem
    3-add any thing in add on one by one
    4-if there is problem find out which add-on or plagins or any new entry created problem go back and start again.
    5-adding cams channel list and more add on of any kind will create memory hung-up in the ram this will create problem
    6-turn off/on from rear to dispose of collected ram
    7-make sure signal is always above 80%
    ---------------
    if above creating problem do factory rest and start from section one
    --------------------------
    as I know and test Linux boxes at least few hours a day I found out why some members getting problems
    1-using different channel list from any Linux receivers expecting to work perfect {this is wrong if create problem then no point in using it }
    2-Too many cams-add-on-skins Etc. have been saved this will slow down the receiver so delete what you do not want
    3-do not download another channel list on the top of exciting one--delete first before scan or download
    4-turn off tm800 from the back at least 2 or 3 times a week
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    If you have tm-800 with 100s of problems check first
    1-check if jtag done
    2-check for latest image 02-02-11
    3-after download do as per section one.
    ----------------------
    Image 02-02-11 is a total re vamp of all and it is totally different to past image for last few days over 1100 download done from download centre.
    please take my advise and download this image from download centre it is the best till today and test result has been 100% ok
    This Post Up is from Dr linux haw i says in privouse post..

Just Yesterday:

The Post douwn will be from forrest1066 was very good TM Supporter..and satpimps member .But even the supporters get feed up when you lieng..
    He Quote This Post UP...with this post..

I have followed your instructions and they still dont work so please Shut Up Mr TM. Even though my box has been JTAGGED and i have followed the instructions to the letter. I still have the following issues - CoolTVGuide is sluggish and unresponsive. Internal HD Detected when it feels like it. Fast Foward and Rewind of anything recording is totally useless and frequently locks the box up or green screens it and recording of anything HD is still a little pixelated. I dont care about playback of DIVX etc it would be nice but this box still cannot do the fundemental basics correctly

Thanks
    here is another meber 2 days ago who quet again Him...Dr Linux..= Ricky

Dr Linux, the box is nothing but a waste of time. Its overpriced and over rated. Its plagued with problems from the very beginning it’s a problem and you know it.

Download centre or not why should be constantly update it.

For the love of god TM did not give a hoot about this box.

No support nothing what so bloody ever.

It’s nice to offer support by tagging the box but as they were aware there was a problem with it. We had to send the box back granted a £8 was given as a venture of good will, but what about the people who sent it from abroad? Or a matter of fact it cost me £15. I for one will never buy a tm box again.

I have £250 in the box and if i could get £200 i would sell it now. It’s an expensive mistake similar to hiring a high class hooker when your drunk. ITS REGRETTABLE, what’s more frustrating is the fact that TM won’t fix it soon enough. How many people have bought one? They are quick to box shift but not to answer your problems.

Tm seems to think we owe it to them MAY I remind TM that they owe us, we bought this for £250 it’s an expensive problem plagued with problems that should be dropped from 200th floor building and buried in concrete.

The download centre is not GOD. The box has problems and needs fixing a.s.a.p I was told there would be another image coming very soon and tbh i can’t wait. I want this thing fixed one and for all its very annoying to stick an image on it and then stick another some have some faults some have others.
    It’s a real shame, i enjoyed Tm boxed and find the 5400ci flawless. I have now lost faith in the company and will not RECOMMEND the box to anyone. I state the truth which is, its a mistake and a very expensive one.

Thanks

looks this Post is quote not for you ...lol

but for Riicky ....dr linux -digi and tms

from another Member

If the same lets call them 'mud slingers' repeatedly hammer threads into a slagging match then they should be subjected to the same punishments as anyone else on the forum, including this points systems, suspensions, and perm bans.

I also think it's wrong however to have TM employees pretending to be end users and posting stuff about it must be users fault as their boxes are working 100% and is best box ever etc... we all know the posts I'm talking about so no point trawling through the search feature quoting them. There has been so many wrong claims made it's unethical practice and very misleading to potential new comers.

if you like copy past many post same like Ricki done with post Dr linux post...but im afraid all will go against Tm 800...
    Last edited by DARKMAN; 22-02-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    I'm about to replace my receiver & would be interested to hear other peoples views(who have the receiver) as well

Viewsonic

Thanks
    I aggree with Darkman, that the TM800 is not a great unit, but not for the same reasons, as its well known, that Darkman has issues with TM

I do not own this unit, but do know peeps that have bought this unit, surport for this unit is poor, end of, largely due to the unit being half baked, at the timeof it release for sale

how ever, recent events, once the unit has been corrected by technomate, have made this unit a workable unit, but still with a few problems

with other alteritive units on offer, ie, DB range, or ( in my opinion. the VU+ duo ) and more recently, the Clarketec 9000 ( still very new to the club )

and the spider box options

I would advise staying away from this unit, unless you fancy an uphill battle, which you may or may not enjoy

Darkman seems to be on a mission, regarding Technomate, but I have to say, perhaps he is right on this one,

Oh and good evening DM,

Thanks
    Basil. I do have to agree with you that it does seem an uphill battle. Thing is I got into this hobby over 12/13 years ago for free tv. Within 6 months my view completly changed and it became more fun to get something to do something that it shouldn't than it actually was to watch the channels I cleared.

TBH out of the millions of channles I have I probably watch about one/two football matches a fortnight and BBC. Can't remeber the last time I watched sly one.

Now this TM800 for 200 quid gives you enigma2 and dual tuner. Reading around it looks like a massive improvement has been once TM rechip( or whatever it is called ) the unit.

Yes it looks a struggle whenever you even wanna change channel on it, lol, but you know what I kinda like that, which is why I am seriously considering buying one. Providing I can clear my diary for the next year in order to spend time on it.

This is one of the main reasons too why I wont get the spiderbox. Not because of DM, but just because if something "just works", I feel like I've accomplished nowt. If I want straight out the box I may as well just stick with my Sly sub.

Yes DM has his agenda, and by all means I aint stopping him from shouting from the rooftops about it, if thats his bag who am I to stop it. I just get a tad offended when my thread gets h1jacked over it. A simple post like yours Basil and I would have probably nodded my head at it and thought "oh right".
    Last edited by noff; 24-02-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks
    trust me, DM, and I have crossed swords a few times, The joke is, I quite like him in some ways, ( dont get too excited DM ) but as I have posted, the TM800 has lost is potential

the Duo labs unit is an equivilant option price wise, and a better bet

I will soon own a Clarketec 9000 and fancy this unit will be a very good unit

I still as yet not got round to a spider unit, but will do in time....( but wont tell him its me )

but my firm fraverite, is the VU+ units

oh,...and thanks for your comments

baz

Thanks
    Now this TM800 for 200 quid gives you enigma2 and dual tuner.
    Where did you get the idea it was a dual tuner box?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by basilyoung View Post
    trust me, DM, and I have crossed swords a few times, The joke is, I quite like him in some ways, ( dont get too excited DM ) but as I have posted, the TM800 has lost is potential

the Duo labs unit is an equivilant option price wise, and a better bet

I will soon own a Clarketec 9000 and fancy this unit will be a very good unit

I still as yet not got round to a spider unit, but will do in time....( but wont tell him its me )

but my firm fraverite, is the VU+ units

oh,...and thanks for your comments

baz

M8 i am not exiting at all i m more then 40 Years old..

I just Push Thanks Button do you know why ?! to be honest hawever who it is for me, when they talk Honesty i love says Thanks. ( this time you try talk sence and true )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anrakh View Post
    Where did you get the idea it was a dual tuner box?
    Sorry, typo.

Thanks

Icon13

Basil. I do have to agree with you that it does seem an uphill battle. Thing is I got into this hobby over 12/13 years ago for free tv. Within 6 months my view completly changed and it became more fun to get something to do something that it shouldn't than it actually was to watch the channels I cleared.

TBH out of the millions of channles I have I probably watch about one/two football matches a fortnight and BBC. Can't remeber the last time I watched sly one.

Now this TM800 for 200 quid gives you enigma2 and dual tuner. Reading around it looks like a massive improvement has been once TM rechip( or whatever it is called ) the unit.

Yes it looks a struggle whenever you even wanna change channel on it, lol, but you know what I kinda like that, which is why I am seriously considering buying one. Providing I can clear my diary for the next year in order to spend time on it.

This is one of the main reasons too why I wont get the spiderbox. Not because of DM, but just because if something "just works", I feel like I've accomplished nowt. If I want straight out the box I may as well just stick with my Sly sub.

Yes DM has his agenda, and by all means I aint stopping him from shouting from the rooftops about it, if thats his bag who am I to stop it. I just get a tad offended when my thread gets h1jacked over it. A simple post like yours Basil and I would have probably nodded my head at it and thought "oh right".
    You right M8 ....MY AGENDA IS TELL PEOPLE TRUTH...

Not write enythink to advertise the dead box,..

yes true i had issu with TM Company, not with TM Box...Tm box has issue with it self..... NXP Cpu ....becouse very very cheap CPU....45 Dollars many stb in *******.CN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast