Thread: CAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOT THEIR tm800 BACK REPORT IN PLEASE

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    East of Ipswich. TM9100 on 1.2m CM Spiderbox on 1.8m CM. HD linux next
    Thanks
    As a man who has had loads of recievers over the last 20+ years all I would say it would have to be a masive change for TM to tempt me back for a linux reciever, I have had 3 DM box's prior to getting my TM9100, now in the end it was not a bad buy and lasted. But it took forever to have a good image, recently I purchased in december a DM800hd-se to replace it, it was running in hours the image i use from iCVS has never failed or rebooted once in 2 months and iIhad a great choice of images. I cannot imagine changing from DM again, the support is by far the best, my tm9100 took a year to be fully stable and I regreted selling my dm7020.

BUT. my TM1500 was one of a all time great machines, my TM5400 and TM6900 were ok, so i would consider them for a non linux machine, problem is ways of sharing is the current future.

If I was giving any advise on getting a linux it hurts to say it, because I hate spending to much but DM are worth the extra money and have proven it for years, another may come to match them, but will be a long time to regularly beat DreamMedia for a linux reciever. I hope AZ or VU get there but they have a long way to get my trust because of my TM9100.
    Just dont get a linux reciever from TM if you want it to work quickly
    Last edited by tr8.; 24-02-2011 at 07:29 PM.