Thread: BarryAllen/meoboot

V.I.P
    Thanks

Question BarryAllen/meoboot

Barry Allen/Meoboot. Can anyone just tell me if there is any difference in what these two things do? Running Meoboot atm. Can I install both or will this cause problems? many thanks - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The main difference is that BA requires much more space than MeoBoot (about 7 times larger, if I remember well). On the other side it seems more stable than MeoBoot at the moment. MeoBoot has become a mess with a lot of versions and you never know which one is compatible with your image until you try it. There are not reliable answers in this regard, so itīs a matter of trial and error. More so with the introduction of OE1.6 images. Thatīs why Iīm thinking about switching back to BA. I will be glad if someone corrects me and proves otherwise.
    As for BA/MeoBoot compatibility - what MeoBoot was introduced (as I remember) they warned the users to delete all relative previous tools (=BA) before installing MeoBoot. Thatīs what I did, so I havenīt tried to use both in my Dream.

V.I.P
    Thanks

BA/Meoboot

@luis
    many thanks for all that - I was just interested since when I first got my 8000 I managed to make a mess and have to reload all by adding both to the image!! I have had no problems with meoboot EXcept with the change from 1.5-1.6 - but it runs well in both flash and BU images, although I have never tried it BA. Will perhaps when playing around with a backup image. Cheers - Brain