Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems installing E2 on s4000

Verified Registered User plaskotki's Avatar
    Thanks

My experience with E2 so far

Quote Originally Posted by ColdAsICE View Post
    Plaskotki as your not an E2 freak or expert yet you should be able to give an impartial review regarding it. I would like to hear your opinion if its an improvement over the original firmware for everyday use or not.
    I will do. At the moment I find it very different from the original software. I like the 'soft touch' to it, ability to change skins and the web interface. I find the plugins more confusing comparing to the original soft. I am glad that I installed the usb version, as I would not be able to watch cyfra+ channels on E2 as I struggle with installing a plugin that would clear the channels. So it's stil work in progress. Will keep reporting.

Thanks
    the frame rate suffers slight drops, it judders, i noticed it on hd channels, and on sd from random browsing, i will not begin to use e2 if the pic quality is going to be like that....actually its not really pic quality, its frame rate quality im talking about

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdAsICE View Post
    Plaskotki as your not an E2 freak or expert yet you should be able to give an impartial review regarding it. I would like to hear your opinion if its an improvement over the original firmware for everyday use or not.
    I like

Pros
    -the 'soft touch' of the E2
    -picons
    -EPG
    changeable skins
    -web interface

cons
    -installing plugins is very confusing. I preferred using usb. I cannot find a plugin to clear my cyfra+ card.
    -there seems to be very little support for E2 on Icecrypt/atevio etc
    -I use full usb version and the picture is a bit 'laggy' on HD channels
    -long booting time

To summarise-at the moment I can't get it to do what I could fairly easily do with the original Icecrypt software, but I see its potential

Thanks
    well i am now using E2 instead of the ori software.

VERY VERY HAPPY with the AAF SPRING IMAGE.

PQ is excellent, no judder, and ive recorded 2 HD channels whilst watching one, nothing suffers!

just shows u what the hardware CAN do when put to proper effect.

currently using latest catseyes channel list - brushed alu skin - crossEPG - cool tv guide - CAMD 3.902
    Last edited by ManikM; 07-05-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    well i am now using E2 instead of the ori software.

VERY VERY HAPPY with the AAF SPRING IMAGE.

PQ is excellent, no judder, and ive recorded 2 HD channels whilst watching one, nothing suffers!

just shows u what the hardware CAN do when put to proper effect.

currently using latest catseyes channel list - brushed alu skin - crossEPG - cool tv guide - CAMD 3.902
    That is vry good! I have not had time to install image 31 yet. I am using a full usb 27 version. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts-the picture quality is outstanding! However, E2 now and then misses a timer. But this might be someting to do with Polish EPG, as the original software used to record from a different channel now and then...
    Also I have it hooked up to Onkyo home cinema amp via hdmi connector. I noticed that I change the inut selection to game when the boys want to play on the Xbox-the E2 tends to crush then... I have to try to connect it to my tv directly and test it. But in this setup, the sd channels are not going to be upscaled like their are by my Onkyo. But apart from this, I am quite happy.

Thanks
    The images before this one suffered picture frame rate loss, this one is spot on

Thanks
    Can anyone comment on Cccam stability?

Thanks
    no, dont use it, if u want to lend me your c-line....i can test

Thanks

I have give given up on E2

I have lost my patientce with E2 last night. I had it installed on usb, then flash memory and had been experiencing the same problems :banghead:
    • picture freezing when changing HDM input (as Manik M discovered this can be solved by using a componet cale at the cost of picture quality
    • pixelation or unable to watch HD channels with original Cyfra+ card (tried installing and deinstalling oscam, but the problem persists (they work perfectly with .94 and MCas

Info for ManikM-whan installing E2 in flash, AAF changes bootargs, and wipes out the original software. The Multiboot options are still there, but no matter which one you select using arrow keys, it will revert to booting with flash e2.

I reverted the box to dedicated software by using AAF recovery image. It changed the reseller id to Atevio 7000, and I could not change it over to Icecrypt. To do this you would need to reolace a specific file in the AAF recovery tool. I did not want to end up with Atevio, as their dedicated s/w does not have the blue button in EPG menu, so openTV epg cannot be downloaded. I then had to install maxiboot again and then I was able to change the reseller id and install .94 for ice. I then reinstalled full usb E2 spring edition as I have some recordings on my hdd which were done with E2 and .94 will not play those.
    Together with ManikM we have unsuccessfully tried getting help from AAF guys as well as PKF guys. I am sure that sooner or later ManikM will get to the bottom of the problem. He is a real enthusiast who does not give up easily.

Thanks
    you were very brave to have did what you did, i cannot see the benefit of installing E2 into Flash, its fine running off my internal HDD, and that is where it will stay.

i will keep nagging AAF for the HDMI bug problem, which im sure it is, im starting to beleive that its an ICECRYPT S4000 specific problem, i reckon the problem won't happen if we did the same on a Octagon SF1018, or an ATEVEIO (hardware issue methinks)

so until the AAF guys can replicate the problem on a S4000 - then i dont think we'll be seeing a fix.

i noticed the new bootloader has an HDMI fix, BUT maxiboot will overwrite this, so i dont think installing that will help.

I dont have any smart cards to test your pixelating error mate, have u tried more than one softcam?

Thanks
    When I initially installed e2 I have tried a number of emus and oscam was the only one that I got anywhere with. The picture was all fine until I installed PKF image. I thought that reinstalling everything would cure the picture issue, but unfortunately it hasn't... A guy in Poland is trying the same oscam with the same settings on octagon receiver and PKT image. I'll be interested to hear his experience. I know I'll probably go back to trying later on, but for now I've had enough.

Thanks
    Have you tried the AAF Spring image? with OSCAM...?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    Have you tried the AAF Spring image? with OSCAM...?
    yes, I have. Both version 27 and 31 used to work fine, but not anymore. I have also tried different location of SWAP files. Freesat HD channels are working absolutely fine. Maybe it's my Ice getting worn out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12