Thread: General question

Thanks

General question

Hallo everyone and happy new year to all of you
    I have a very general question concerning the E2 image for my azbox HD premium: this E2 image is if I undertood that well the same than the one for a dreambox 800, right? Does that mean in fact that all the files destinated for this dreambox would suit to my azbox or not?
    If yes this would help me a lot because I need that my internal slots to be recongnised by Enigma in order to use my two official cards with it

Can somebody tell me more ?

Thanks
    azbox internal cardreader have a different microcode. so to fire it up you need another kernel module - we dont have it. But I think you can use smargo or other external card reader that are available for dm800.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glouglou68 View Post
    Hallo everyone and happy new year to all of you
    I have a very general question concerning the E2 image for my azbox HD premium: this E2 image is if I undertood that well the same than the one for a dreambox 800, right? Does that mean in fact that all the files destinated for this dreambox would suit to my azbox or not?
    If yes this would help me a lot because I need that my internal slots to be recongnised by Enigma in order to use my two official cards with it

Can somebody tell me more ?

Hello

By now the internal card reader isnīt working with that RC1 version.Letīs wait a little more for that support.

best regards

MX700:respect-055:

Thanks
    thanks for the answer but what about Oscam, I read something about it that it could be possible...

Thanks
    ancient oscam-azbox version were using openxcas API to hook a card reader. This API is not working under e2 kernel. about 3-4 months ago azbox support was removed from oscam - cause lack of support from opensat. Technically its possible to make some reverse-engineering and look for cardreader microcode. but its quite time consuming operation.

P.S. - My guess - that opensat have no these sources as well so they are trying to do it.
    Last edited by tx0; 06-01-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks
    @tx0

How can you spread such false rumours about OScam that has suppressed the internal card reader support?

It is just the opposite, now on the official OScam forum there is a section specifically dedicated to Azbox with daily build available and on the official firmware the card reader is working fine.

Just google for: "OSCAM - Azbox HD ump2002" and you will find the quite active OScam for Azbox HD section.
    There is a build posted today at 13H45 : oscam-1.00-trunk-svn4338-azbox-mips.tar.gz

Pr2

Thanks
    Sorry I might be wrong I was using google as well and found this hxxp://streamboard.gmc.to:8001/log/branches/azbox/reader-common.h?rev=4338&mode=path_histo ry

Thanks
    @pr2 I have no e2 to check it because Im back on 4890 fw -
    you mean that this oscam and internal CR works under e2?

Thanks
    Please read again my answer:
    I speak of the official firmware, I never mention E2.

So OSCam is supporting the internal card reader when you use it with the official firmware, so it should work for you since you are back to official firmware.

Since the driver for the internal reader are not yet available for Azbox E2 firmware, then no emu can read a smartcard today while running E2 on Azbox. Even the smargo / smartreader+ are not working on Azbox E2.

Thanks
    ok at least someone is doing something for official firmware.
    I was fooled with url above.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    @tx0
    Sigma smart card driver is open source and code is in Sigma_linux_source/drivers/char/sckernel.c

Openxcas API is just attaching to this kernel module over IOCTL calls.
    sckernel.ko -> Openxcas API -> application

Problem is that this driver needs rewriting to support DMM SCI IOCTL calls/logic how it works.

Thanks
    good news. really. hope someone will hook this driver. I have no sources because lost my toolkit and all that linux vm image with a disk crash few months ago.
    Last edited by tx0; 06-01-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ripper View Post
    @tx0
    Sigma smart card driver is open source and code is in Sigma_linux_source/drivers/char/sckernel.c

Openxcas API is just attaching to this kernel module over IOCTL calls.
    sckernel.ko -> Openxcas API -> application

Problem is that this driver needs rewriting to support DMM SCI IOCTL calls/logic how it works.
    Hello,

Having the Azbox reader fully compatible with a DMM one is a plus indeed, but we can also imagine to start first to implement a standard phoenix type since most emu also support with this kind of card reader.

So perhaps we don't need to focus on the DMM way of handling the card reader.

Pr2

Thanks
    @The_Ripper I think the best thing you can do for all who want to support development for this box is to publish sources that used to build working fw. I guess there are some specific sigma keys for azbox that make impossible to build fw if one dont have them. I might be wrong here - I never tried to run my fw and accidentally brick my box. I realize that opensat have some closed sources like video-decoding and that part can be in binary. so some sort of firmware making kit for future developers will be a great help unless you dont want to fight with simga on your own))

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pr2 View Post
    So perhaps we don't need to focus on the DMM way of handling the card reader.
    I agree.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pr2 View Post
    Please read again my answer:
    I speak of the official firmware, I never mention E2.

So OSCam is supporting the internal card reader when you use it with the official firmware, so it should work for you since you are back to official firmware.

Since the driver for the internal reader are not yet available for Azbox E2 firmware, then no emu can read a smartcard today while running E2 on Azbox. Even the smargo / smartreader+ are not working on Azbox E2.
    Hi.With the external phoenix interface works both FTDI and PL2303 chipsets.

regards

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangasora View Post
    Hi.With the external phoenix interface works both FTDI and PL2303 chipsets.

regards
    But the question is does the smargo works with any e2 software?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by radodroma View Post
    But the question is does the smargo works with any e2 software?
    I've written: PL2303 and FTDI chipsets.Here are the modules.