Thread: Channel editor

Thanks

Channel editor

Just loaded spiderbox channel editor on my new laptop (windows7)
    I've noticed that when I untick the active box for a satellite that I do not want, and save it, when I reload it, it is active again.
    It does work ok when there are no channels on that satellite, but I am sure it allowed me to do it with channel still there on my old (now broken) computer (XP). Any body else had this issue? and how did you solve it?
    Thanks.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Just done it, first i deleted the selected channels, then i selected "SAVE AS" in the channel editor gave the new list a different folder name and saved it to desktop, it worked ok,remember to rename new channel list back to STB.DB.UDB as your spiderbox will not recognise the file name

Thanks
    Hi Charlie.
    What I want to do is make a satellite inactive without deleting the channels on that satellite.
    In channel editor, if you double click on a satellite you can untick the "active" box and "ok", that satellite then turns from green to white, meaning it will not show. Then I save it, to computer or Memory stick.
    However, when I come to load it back into channel editor (open it) the satellite that I saved as inactive is actually active again.

Verified Registered User scrapman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Satcat View Post
    Hi Charlie.
    What I want to do is make a satellite inactive without deleting the channels on that satellite.
    In channel editor, if you double click on a satellite you can untick the "active" box and "ok", that satellite then turns from green to white, meaning it will not show. Then I save it, to computer or Memory stick.
    However, when I come to load it back into channel editor (open it) the satellite that I saved as inactive is actually active again.
    Me too, (on win7 not tried xp, anyone?) I have had a go with both ver of chan editers and given up, set up your chan list, leaving all sats active, then del them using the box itself, billybits list are good if you like ready made one with the working suff on gift and freesat, compass also does a good 1 with lots of ready made fav's....
    Depending how you have set your box up you may loose all your sat pos by uploading another persons list.

Scrapman

Thanks
    It seems like could be a windows 7 problem.......................... ...

Thanks
    It seems like could be a windows 7 problem.......................... ...

It did some very odd things, when I moved the chans/sats around and saved them.
    when I pulled the file back into the editer all my work was mess up.
    Are you saying all's ok when XP is used?

Scrapman

Thanks
    I used the Chann' editor with XP inst' - it was OK, no probs :respect-055:

Spiderbox 9000 HD 80cm dish Lnbs main 13e primaries 19e & 0.8w also Sky HD
    Thanks
    I also use XP the channel editor works well with no problems.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhenry View Post
    I also use XP the channel editor works well with no problems.

will give it a go on xp, same file I used on win7, see what happens and report back,

Thanks

Scrapman

East of Ipswich. TM9100 on 1.2m CM Spiderbox on 1.8m CM. HD linux next
    Thanks
    It works on XP no probs, my win7 drive boot was corrupted and not working so cannot test. Have you tried running is compatability mode I had a few older programs I had to do that with and they worked then?
    When my new drive arrives I am happy to test but was ordered before xmas and still waiting for postie., till then only have my xp drive running

Spiderbox 9000 HD 80cm dish Lnbs main 13e primaries 19e & 0.8w also Sky HD
    Thanks
    Reference charlie post #2 it certainly helps to rename your updated channel list call it what you want so long as it ends .UDB it will load back in, i number mine and keep a copy that way i always know my current list example :- john.6.UDB the reason i change file name is because when i first started using channel editor i thought i had done changes which did not happen when i reloaded to box then realised i had been loading back in the original unchanged file.

Thanks
    Hi Charlie.
    Just to add:- When I save from spiderbox to memory stick and load memory stick into editor, the satellites that are not active show up as active on the editor.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Might be worth trying the Mvision HD300 net Channel Editor, works with Spiderbox.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Might be worth trying the Mvision HD300 net Channel Editor, works with Spiderbox.
    Have done. Same issues.