Thread: got my tm800hd back wow !!

Thanks

got my tm800hd back wow !!

the box is working perfectly now - i know it took a while but fair play to them . theres still a few minor bugs to be sorted but it's great a massive improvment and must now be regarded as one of the best hd linux boxes around now !!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    What doesn't work still? Just out of interest.

Thanks
    yes they got it wrong but they have put it right and the box is now great so i for one am very happy

Thanks
    can you give some more arguments why this is one of the best Linux box around, what can it do to be one of the best, is it in the same high standard as DMM or Vu+ or Cuberevo ? if not then it cannot be one or amongs the best at all.

Quote Originally Posted by squig View Post
    it's great a massive improvment and must now be regarded as one of the best hd linux boxes around now !!

Thanks
    As it has no team doing images (Apparently 8 top teams were meant to be working on it) other than the UR jokers it will remain just another IT Gate box with little support.
    All the others mentioned above have top teams writing for them.
    TM are too tight to pay the best image writers for support.
    Soon this stb will die away and another TM shake the roof product will appear.
    Also if you don't return for a JTag your stb cannot upgrade any more images as not compatable anymore lol

Thanks
    reopened so active disccusion may take place and squiq any idea what they have done to it
    Last edited by Dstream; 11-12-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks
    Glad to see this reopened so we can have a reasonable chat about it

Waiting for my box to come back from TM so can't advise of the current situation with the box with new drivers.

But existing boxes can still work with 'old images' and the CVS is still open for anyone to develop images for these boxes ... although they will never be the finished product as work is required in order for it to be more stabilised. But TM have asked for boxes to come back so there should not be any reason for people to be out of pocket.

I know of a few teams working on images for this box, so the future is bright and no matter what anyone says there is support for this box as there has been for other ITgate or TM boxes.

Just stick in there ...

Thanks
    This I think may be a box for me in the new year so please do keep us upto date guys.

What is the general "swiftness" of the box like now? For example channel zapping, menu hopping and such

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,239 Posts
    For me Technomate are a top firm only to ready to sort out problems even if like me I caused it. I had a TM 9101 super and some how corrupted the image after flashing a non Technomate one. I phoned them up and as I live about 30 miles from them he said come down and we will see if we can sort it out. Within about 20 minutes he got it back to life. No charge and even got a cup of coffee.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post
    For me Technomate are a top firm only to ready to sort out problems even if like me I caused it. I had a TM 9101 super and some how corrupted the image after flashing a non Technomate one. I phoned them up and as I live about 30 miles from them he said come down and we will see if we can sort it out. Within about 20 minutes he got it back to life. No charge and even got a cup of coffee.
    True enough, have dealt with them before over the phone and are very helpful.

Anyway they are offering to reflash the cpu, practically admiting that they boobed in the first place but are willing to put it right.

Cant say that about many other manufacturers can you (Steve Jobs I am looking at you)

Thanks
    I need some advice here. I was thinking I might get a seciond hand one of these but I read somewhere else that the card reader doesn't work and that they crash a lot and cccam deosn't work right even afyer the cpu upgrade. If I got one how could I tell if it was fixed already cause I'm afraid I might get one that I would have to send to be fixed. Does the card reader work after its fixed? Is that how I would know? If I didn't buy it new would I be able to send it back? Do people need a dealers receit?
    I read too that if your not in the uk like me you have to take the motherboard out and send it to tecjnomate and that doesn't look too easy and if I have to do all this I'm going to pass it up.

code] Im looking at one now, and thats not really (IMO) something that an end user should be attempting. Fitting a hard drive that just plugs in is one thing, but looking at this, this is how it looks like youll need to dis assemble it, as some parts cover screws etc.

remove 2 screws in the card reader PCB, unplug the ribbon cable from the board, and slide card reader towards the rear, theres a plastic clip right by the front that will need lifting first.

remove the 4 screws holding the hdd frame in place, and remove the whole assembly

unplug the ribbon cable from the front panel, and unplug the front usb socket, also gently unplug the ribbon cable for the rear serial port, and unplug the power supply board coble, this has a clip you need to squeeze to release

next, on the rear of the receiver, remove the screws, between the RF sockets, between the scart sockets, , between the phono sockets, and the one above the HDMI socket. Also remove the 2 nuts on the F connector sockets, these also have washers underneath.

now, back inside the receiver, remove 4 screws holding the board in place, 2 under where the card reader was, and 2 next to the power supply

now slide the whole board towards the front of the receiver, so the F connector sockets clear the back plate

and the main board will now be free of the receiver

do it all the other way round to refit

The fan requires even more care, and skill, this requires removing the whole power supply unit, which can sometimes hold a nasty charge, for days, and actually soldering 2 wires to a 12v and ground supply line,
    /code]

this is from a place where they talk a lot of good stuff about this receiver. So you can see why Im hesitating. Thank for any advice.

Thanks
    yeah dstream theres been a fair bit sorted they have re-programmed the cpu at core level

the latest image as of today :13/12/2010 has sorted all this just leaving a few things regarding the media player side of the box to fix:

1- HD: record one and watch another on same TP
    2- AC3 and stereo fixed between ads
    3- Increased flash memory by an extra 6MB
    4- CPU speed increased by 20% to 400MHz
    5- CPU has been re-programmed to increase efficiency. Now running at 95% efficiency.
    6- Default channel list
    7- Recording and playback has been enhanced
    8- Signal sensitivity has been increased
    9- Scanning blocks fixed
    11- Default audio AC3
    12- Added audio lipsync menu, auto lipsync fixed and can manually adjust lipsync on a channel or a full satellite
    13- Audio selection function improved
    14- Factory reset and update will not delete c:Line history as well as configurations
    15- Full card reader fixed for all cards
    16- Oscam and scam latest cams fixed
    17- Speed of menus enhanced
    18- USB auto mount fixed
    19- Scrambled audio track speed change improved
    20- AV noise improved in channel change
    21- Factory reset speed improved by 80%
    22- Improvements in channel change speed and OSD menus
    22- Sata hard disk detection fixed
    23- Audio change click
    24- High bitrate HD channels
    25- Info button 2x displays further info

Thanks
    I think all teh facts speak for themselves now.
    Distributors don't want to honour the refunds now either by the look of it only replace.
    People may not like Darkman but he warned there was a cpu issue back in July. It's on this forum.
    All those still sticking up for it are either easily satisfied or are believing the hype that maybe one day it will function as it was meant to when originally sold all that time ago lol

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    @ darkman

please dont copy and paste from another forum something you not happy with and bring it here ,weather you are right or wrong.

why not reply in that forum.

its only just calmed down after the last load of crap and scobbling.

cheers.

Thanks
    I have had the chance to get one of this NXP chipset boxes , and all i will say to all you guys out there that think of buy this box, keep out of it., buy Spiderbox, Icecryptbox, dreambox, Cuberevo oe else but not NXP chiped boxes, as this chipset is very imature, very yung and many bugs

Yes it works with CCcam , yes it works with newcs/camds but the box do freeze like hell in North Pole. the picture is like old analog and cornished. card reader do not read any card , the only card it reads is a DGA card and even that freezes like hel. the box gest hot.
    I must say it is a Saple box sendt to me, but im sure with the last software.

No please do not sed me PM i will not answer those, and will say that DM have been right all long the way, i was sceptic to DMs replays and posting but now i totaly belive him. and i apploligize to have doubd him and made doubdfull posting.

This post is nothing agains TM,

Thanks

tm

I totally agre with all what Darkman says,

Owning a Technomate is like flogging a dead donkey ,

Don’t know why you would delete his post, when he is giving out good advice,

Tm support speaks for it self,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coolseabreez View Post
    I totally agre with all what Darkman says,

Owning a Technomate is like flogging a dead donkey ,

Don’t know why you would delete his post, when he is giving out good advice,

Tm support speaks for it self,

reason its deleted ???

its quite simple go and reply in the forum he copied the text from , not fetch it here to stir up the **** again,as i said weather he is right or wrong.

Thanks
    youre 2nd post has gone the same way and as i said truth or not , go and argue it out there not copy it here to stir up the ****.

Thanks
    There you go, showing your bias again. What a joke!

Thanks
    Jesus Christ not again