Thread: Redcam config

Thanks

Redcam config

Hi,

Can someone give me some basic advice on how to configure this cam, the instructions just confused me.....loooking for the Icrcrypt to be the server, and to pickup from a cccam elsewhere.

thanks

Thanks
    Hey zippy

Check out the examples in the doc folder, that should help you figure out how to configure a CCcam Server from a remote source, it's all in there.

Thanks
    Yepp - pretty straightforwrd configuration using the files in the tuxbox directory.

Server config needs a [reader] entry to tell it were to get service from (can be local or remote). User file is where you set up who can use and what. Services file is where yo define specific services by using CAID.

Use the conf file to define what protocol you are going to run i.e. NEWCAMD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darrellr View Post
    Yepp - pretty straightforwrd configuration using the files in the tuxbox directory.

Server config needs a [reader] entry to tell it were to get service from (can be local or remote). User file is where you set up who can use and what. Services file is where yo define specific services by using CAID.

Use the conf file to define what protocol you are going to run i.e. NEWCAMD
    OK, I have NAGRA3 CAM module+card with RSA and IRD keys. I use it in configyration OSCAM (based on Mandriva Linux)+PHOENIX USB card reader. Works perfecly with ICECRYPT 400 and 2 psc of ARIVA 200 HD. CCCAM ver 2.1.4 is used on serwer and in ARIVA receivers. XCAM is us as client on ICECRYPT. Can I move from existing configuration to redCAM plugin installed on ICECRYPT? As I understand ICECRYPT will act as server and client for itself and as server for my 2 pcs of ARIVA Ferguson 200 HD. I am right? Which version of CCCAM is implemented in this version of redCAM? Of course subscriber card must be plugged to the CA slot. Any experience anybody have? I am looking for opinion.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maciek View Post
    OK, I have NAGRA3 CAM module+card with RSA and IRD keys. I use it in configyration OSCAM (based on Mandriva Linux)+PHOENIX USB card reader. Works perfecly with ICECRYPT 400 and 2 psc of ARIVA 200 HD. CCCAM ver 2.1.4 is used on serwer and in ARIVA receivers. XCAM is us as client on ICECRYPT. Can I move from existing configuration to redCAM plugin installed on ICECRYPT? As I understand ICECRYPT will act as server and client for itself and as server for my 2 pcs of ARIVA Ferguson 200 HD. I am right? Which version of CCCAM is implemented in this version of redCAM? Of course subscriber card must be plugged to the CA slot. Any experience anybody have? I am looking for opinion.
    RedCam is merely a variant of OSCAM ([O]pen [S]ource [C]onditional [A]ccess [M]odule) and is not a port of any other code. It provides for multiple original CAM emulation so that official cards can be used in generic receivers. It has a server/client capability that can share cards to other clients and it can match CCCAM protocols from both client and server.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darrellr View Post
    RedCam is merely a variant of OSCAM ([O]pen [S]ource [C]onditional [A]ccess [M]odule) and is not a port of any other code. It provides for multiple original CAM emulation so that official cards can be used in generic receivers. It has a server/client capability that can share cards to other clients and it can match CCCAM protocols from both client and server.
    So - correct me if I am wrong. I just plug my subscriber card into CA slot, Run redCAM with necessery config parameters (like RSA key for NAGRA3) to config files (including user/pass, etc). So I have in this moment CCCAM server on ICECRYPT. XCAM client read from this serwer over loopback interface, all the rest via Ethernet according to the parameters included in config filef (user, pass.post. IP addresses limitation etc). I am right? Or ICECRYPT has possibility to access NAGRA3 card natively directly from card installed in slot . In the last example (if possible) where I have to includ RSA key?
    As I wrote, using external Linux based OSCAM serwer works perfecly!
    And one more question. Which wersion of CCCAM is implemented in this version of redCAM?