Thread: Stopping Sly Hd subscription.

V.I.P
    Thanks

Stopping Sly Hd subscription.

I got a Sly Hd+ box free 11 months ago mainly for the missus to get the sly EPG and a second quality STB to go with my TM6900HDsuper combo as we tend to watch different programmes a lot of the time. I took out a basic sub + £10 a month for HD. I wiil stop it next week.
    I get an excellent picture on my Toshiba 42" and a lot of the time cant tell the difference with SD. (A lot of German and Scandinavian SD looks better than BBC HD)
    I do like the recording facility on the SLy box, it is so simple! Shame that goes with the subscription (they dont tell you that when you sign up)
    I have read of various ways to keep the + recording going so I will be reporting any success back!!

Thanks

recording

will be interested to read what happens m8

regards
    kes

Thanks
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,093 Posts
    They have a half price offer on at the moment to keep there customers
    & you don't get tied into a new contract either!

use this Freephone number if your interested Tel: 08000512596

Thanks
    Im shure if you leave the unit turned off it bypasses the recording so u can still use

Thanks

recording

Quote Originally Posted by paul01609 View Post
    Im shure if you leave the unit turned off it bypasses the recording so u can still use
    after 2 months or more??

regards
    kes

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yers I heard that if you take the card out just before the subscription finishes they stop zapping the box after about 2-3 months.
    Also if you try to record a 24 hour radio station and leave it on it blocks it but then the second channel works for recording.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Cancelled today!! My last payment will be £0 on 24th Dec and they tell me I will be switched to freeview on 23rd.
    BEWARE.... I got all the way through the cancellation when I asked the date of my final payment. The guy said " I thought you were only cancelling the HD your subs will continue??
    So make sure you tell them To STOP THE LOT or they may try to slyly keep your package open. (slimy Bs)

Banned
    Thanks
    well there is something wrong!!!!!!! i have a LG tellie 47" lcd. the diffrence in picture quality between std and hd is amazing....
    i have a good hdmi lead also , that wasnt expensive and a optical lead to my home cinema so when broadcast its in 5.1 surround to the lg speakers.

i get all the 5 sports in HD ,,,, SLY NEWS.. ALL THE MOVIES... chelsea tv and i have a special rate!!!!
    the epg is outstanding...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul01609 View Post
    Been discussed before: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost....92&postcount=1

V.I.P
    Thanks
    @Keith Mawer,
    Yes the HD on my Toshiba 42" is excellent too Keith. As good as any I have seen in showrooms or round friends. Probably LUXEHD is the best, with BBC very ordinary on the SLY box.
    The point I was making is that My TM6900HDsuper has about the same HD quality as SLY with UK channels on 28e. But German/Scandinavian/Arab SD seems to be almost as good as SLY /ITV/BBC HD on 19e and others.
    I dont know if they have higher broadcasting standards over there? Perhaps someone can enlighten me?.
    The Sly EPG and + recording are second to none but I can manage without a sub.

Banned
    Thanks
    i guess its the usual thing what one requires..
    1st i admit the hd channels on my techo 6900 are outstanding ,, eg, carl froch fight last saturday on 19.2 des ardes was amazing, picture quality,,,,,
    BACK TO SLY.. i could not manage with out my sly and put a tenner a week away and then its not a blow!!!!!!!
    i guess the thought of no epg,,, no sly sports x 5 and not being able to record so much like x factor.. 60 min makeover... etc would be aweful...
    I guess i could spend a lot in the pub , so thats my bit of luxuary UNTIL i get a spider!!!!!! AND THINGS COULD CHANGE .. MAY BE...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    For someone who loves the hobby and has had various boxes for 20 years I dont actually watch much telly.
    My luxury is to send the Sat/Sun football on 39e to my bedroom via videosender, line up the beers and drift away on my supremely comfortable bed. I then nod off while the wife watches X factor in the other room on the Sly box, wake up at 10.30 for match of the day. Lifes hard!

Banned
    Thanks
    i never had beer in me bed its usually a cuppa and toast ieie

ps i hope it IS the footie ya watching on 39 e .... tut tut!!
    Last edited by keith mawer; 30-11-2010 at 08:42 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    A good football match raises my spirits. Little else raises nowadays!!

Banned
    Thanks
    yes i do find the xxx becomes like eating steak and chips every day!!!!!!