Thread: problem flashing with browser

V.I.P
    Thanks

problem flashing with browser

when i hold button on front of box and turn on using switch at rear of box green light comes on but no ip address appears on screen , im using gemini 5.1 image and was going to try pli1.0 . i know i can flash using dreamup but why am i not getting an ip address when hold start button ? thanks

Thanks
    You won't see your box ip adress on screen when you press and hold the front button and turn on the back switch unless you have the latest official image or for instance the latest Newnigma2 image which is based on the former.

With your present image, just press Menu then go to Setup/System/Network/Adapter Settings and you will then see your box ip adress. Write it down and next time you want to flash your machine using the method you already know, simply open your internet explorer and open a new page using the same ip adress. This will then lead you to the web browser page where you can choose whatever image you have saved and press flash. Reboot when finished and that's it.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    i know the ip of the box and when i put it in the browser i get dreambox webcontrol page up which shows me the current channel im on and the tv program thats on at the moment , i dont get the page which lets me choose which firmware i want to flash as shown in tutorials . please help

Thanks
    If you get the webcontrol page in your browser it's because the box is not in flashing mode ... close the page, do the usual procedure on the box, press button, switch on blah blah blahh so you get a blank screen on your telly and only by then start the internet explorer page with the ip adress. Get it ?? ;-)

EDIT: make sure you keep the button pressed for at least 20 secs
    Last edited by kota; 15-11-2010 at 07:32 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ive managed it using browser , thanks for your help kota , im still on the learning curve as im new to dreambox . thanks