Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which image is better for dm500hd ?

Thanks

which image is better for dm500hd ?

hi to all,
    which image is better for dm 500 hd ?oozoon or Newnigma2 v3.0.2
    which is more user friendly ?
    i have just got my frist original dm500hd box.this my frist drem box,could any body tell me which is the best image to use for dm500hd box?iam going to use it for cs .i have read a quite alot on this forum.but iam confuse which image
    to flash?please help-----------------

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jhon View Post
    hi to all,
    which image is better for dm 500 hd ?oozoon or Newnigma2 v3.0.2
    which is more user friendly ?
    i have just got my frist original dm500hd box.this my frist drem box,could any body tell me which is the best image to use for dm500hd box?iam going to use it for cs .i have read a quite alot on this forum.but iam confuse which image
    to flash?please help-----------------
    i dont know if it's the best image but i'm new to the dm500hd model
    and i flashed the newnigma2 v3.02 image and it's very stable
    and it has everything in the addons that you need like cccams s/w updates
    and a great choice of skins etc:, the only thing i had to load was a file in
    the lib folder so i could check the server ecm times. the only thing i was
    told was to keep away from the dream elite image for this model most said
    it kept crashing i'm sure the peter pan and oozoon and merlin images are equally
    as good on this model

Thanks
    thankyou , clipper for reply.
    i am having problum to install driver for dm500hd on my computer. i have got window vista running onmy computer,each time i try but no luck,any body please tell me how to install driver on my computer.
    Last edited by jhon; 18-10-2010 at 03:57 AM.

Thanks
    Why are you trying to install a driver on your computer? If you want to flash a new image the procedure doesn't require any driver.

Thanks
    there are loads of threads on here about how to flash a DM
    look here
    _http://satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=138784 post number #13
    Last edited by oldfart; 18-10-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks
    thankyou, for your replies.
    the dm500hd does not have serial port instead its got mini usb
    connection ,therefore to use dreamup it requir newly installed UART bridge COM PORT 15, THATSwhy it needs driver to be install before i can run DREAMUP because i can not use null modem cable for this box to flash the new image.please any body
    who got this new dm500 HD box tell me how to install driver i-e (cp210x-vcp-win-xp-s2k3-vista-7 ) window vista.

Thanks
    hi to all,
    finnally i was able to install the driver on my window vista,now i have frist time flashed the dm box 500hd with mini usb , its working ok.

Thanks
    Next time instead of using dream up use this _http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm500-hd-flashing-firmware-browser

You don't need dream up or installing any drivers, as you can do it easily following the above instructions.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jhon View Post
    hi to all,
    finnally i was able to install the driver on my window vista,now i have frist time flashed the dm box 500hd with mini usb , its working ok.
    Well, I say well done m8 for persevering and sorting it.

TBH I have no idea why jimrare seems to be so against this method of flashing the 500HD considering that it doesn't show the ip address on the front and also considering this is your first Dreambox and that you are probably new to networking/routers etc.

This method of flashing is just as fast as using a browser and overcomes the problem of finding the box ip.

Enjoy your 500HD

Thanks
    I found that the serial->usb devices (& drivers) didn't work with a DM - that's why I advocate using LAN.
    But as always - if it works for you ....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious View Post
    TBH I have no idea why jimrare seems to be so against this method of flashing the 500HD considering that it doesn't show the ip address on the front and also considering this is your first Dreambox and that you are probably new to networking/routers etc.
    I'm not against it, i only posted what Dream Multimedia recommends.
    This method of flashing is just as fast as using a browser and overcomes the problem of finding the box ip.

Enjoy your 500HD
    It overcomes the problem of finding the ip but creates another problem finding and installing the appropriate drivers for your operating system as well as finding how to use dream up, as this user has showed.

Personally i find it easier flashing by web browser as i only have to plug the box to the router and type in the ip, never bothered with dream up and drivers.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimrare View Post
    I'm not against it, i only posted what Dream Multimedia recommends.
    It overcomes the problem of finding the ip but creates another problem finding and installing the appropriate drivers for your operating system as well as finding how to use dream up, as this user has showed.

Personally i find it easier flashing by web browser as i only have to plug the box to the router and type in the ip, never bothered with dream up and drivers.
    The drivers are not hard to find, DMM have the same generic drivers for download no matter what flavour of windows you run with simple install, imo no harder to learn than finding ip from router and flashing with browser.

I too usually use the browser method for flashing but I also want to know how to do it with Dreamup. No point in leaving it until you have problem flashing with the browser.

For those using a recent OE1.6 image there is now a 'direct flash plugin' that enables you to just drop an image into the /tmp folder of an already installed image and flash the box from the plugin. OoZooN now includes it as standard in his images.

Thanks
    imo no harder to learn than finding ip from router and flashing with browser.
    You will have to know how to find your ip and setup a network, either you are a new user or not, otherwise there is no reason flashing a non official image. So if you are going to find your ip either way, do it from the beginning and avoid dream up.

I would only recommend the dream up method if someone has some serious network problems which can't be resolved. This is my own opinion of course.
    just drop an image into the /tmp folder of an already installed image
    This assumes that someone already knows how to enter the /tmp folder which means knowing how to find his ip

Thanks
    For those using a recent OE1.6 image there is now a 'direct flash plugin' that enables you to just drop an image into the /tmp folder of an already installed image and flash the box from the plugin. OoZooN now includes it as standard in his images.
    Thanks @Dubious - missed that one!!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    This assumes that someone already knows how to enter the /tmp folder which means knowing how to find his ip
    Finding the iP address for flashing the 500HD and finding the ip address once flashed are 2 different things as you well know, we need to make allowances for a new owner, imo you're being argumentative for the sake of it.

I'll leave further advice to your obviously superior knowledge.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Thanks @Dubious - missed that one!!
    np, the correct name for plugin is 'dflash' named in respect of the good old dbox2 which first offered a similar method of flashing.

Thanks
    Finding the iP address for flashing the 500HD and finding the ip address once flashed are 2 different things
    No its not, its exactly the same thing. DHCP is the answer.

imo you're being argumentative for the sake of it.

I'll leave further advice to your obviously superior knowledge.
    Thank you for popping in this thread, AFTER our friend found the solution. Maybe you would have been more helpful if you had done that BEFORE our friend had found the solution and wrote your thoughts back then.

Now go think who is being argumentative and who is posting for the sake of it, Oldfart, clipper and me who have been helpful or you? Have a nice day.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    No its not, its exactly the same thing. DHCP is the answer.
    No, you assume the OP knows how to obtain the ip the DHCP server has issued to the box from the router webif, it's difficult to find it any other way, where as once the box is flashed it's easy to find the ip from the menu, again argumentative.

Thank you for popping in this thread, AFTER our friend found the solution. Maybe you would have been more helpful if you had done that BEFORE our friend had found the solution and wrote your thoughts back then.
    Ah, sorry about that, in future I'll try to make my "popping in" more timely and make sure I get your permission before posting encouragement to someone.

Thanks
    No, you assume the OP knows how to obtain the ip the DHCP server has issued to the box from the router webif, it's difficult to find it any other way, where as once the box is flashed it's easy to find the ip from the menu, again argumentative.
    Again you are assuming that the image shows the ip obtained, from the menu, which isn't the case for all images. Maybe you are using a skin which shows it.

The easy way of finding what ip you got is
    1.by entering your router
    2.by using a simple program which scans your network and tells you your ip
    but even better is setting a static ip.

Ah, sorry about that, in future I'll try to make my "popping in" more timely and make sure I get your permission before posting encouragement to someone.
    Why don't you try and HELP other users instead of complaining that I am not encouraging new users enough or that i am being argumentative. Keep those comments to yourself. At least a few others and I tried to offer a decent answer while you didn't :chillpill:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I'm not assuming at all, I know all images show network settings, it's such a basic necessity it would be ridiculous not to.

Look I agree with everything you say about the best way to give the box an ip but we're talking about a guy new to Dreamboxes, that stuff will come later for him. He did bloody well imo sussing out how to use dreamup on the 500HD.

I don't need you to tell me to help ppl, checkout my 'thanked' count and I only have half the posts you have I'll help when I have the time and when I think I can help without causing confusion.

Anyway our exchange has been fun but i'm bored now and I know you like to have the last word so go ahead and I promise I won't respond to your next post in this thread :o13:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast