Thread: ITV Sign Deal With Sky for ITV HD 2,3,4

Thanks

Question ITV Sign Deal With Sky for ITV HD 2,3,4

BskyB has announced a major coup for their Sky TV network by announcing that they have signed an exclusive deal with ITV to exclusively broadcast ITV 2, 3 & 4 in HD over their satellite network.

ITV 1 one is already available through Freeview HD, Freesat HD. But the company has decided to license the rest of its network to Sky rather than allowing the channels to go onto free HD services.

The agreement with Sky is the first step in a five-year plan to change their business model after suffering quite badly due the loss advertising during the economic downturn. They are looking to secure half the broadcasters income through other means to advertising. This deal brings them a step closer to that goal.

The announcement came as ITV set out its half-yearly results, including adjusted pre-tax profits of £118m in the first half with a market-beating 18% year-on-year increase in TV ad revenue. Group revenue rose marginally from £909m to £987m; ITV currently derives 74% of its revenue from advertising

The company’s chief executive, Adam Crozier, said: “For the past decade ITV has not faced up to the challenges presented by the rise of internet-based platforms, the continuing growth of pay TV and subscription services and the globalisation of content.

The deal with Sky marks the broadcaster’s first pay-TV venture since the collapse in May 2002 of ITV Digital, the digital terrestrial subscription business backed by ITV companies Carlton and Granada. Which went bust and left ITV in disarray.

Thanks
    Other INFO

ITV2 HD will launch in October, with ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD launching shortly afterwards.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    what are they going to use these hd channels for, ppv cl football

Thanks
    chippy

what are they going to use these hd channels for, ppv cl football
    That is what they are upto m8 [ Just wonderning iff i will get it for FREE @ Got the full sub on sky ]

Anyway ??

ITV2 HD will launch on Sky+ HD from October 7th.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    . . . . . plus a load of upscaled oldie stuff as most of their back catalogue pre-dates HD.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Detlef View Post
    . . . . . plus a load of upscaled oldie stuff as most of their back catalogue pre-dates HD.

A lot of old programs were made using real film, so in theory should look better in HD if the original films can be sourced.

Thanks
    Detlef

Be Positive m8 Maybe upscalled? But it is much better than SD

P.S There is more to this [ ITV3 HD +ITV4 HD ] That I Think is going[ Pay for View ] Watch this space!!!

Thanks
    ITV HD 2 Up and Running on SKY [ 225 ]

Banned
    Thanks
    NO it wont be free ,, to get all hd channels on sly from 05 oct , one has to subscribe to the standard packages ,, what itv will do very soon is charge £1 i guess( like the others do) and of course the £10 for hd channels....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RABBY View Post
    Detlef

Be Positive m8 Maybe upscalled? But it is much better than SD
    But most of the latest HDTVs have internal (bicubic) upscalers. That is how they fill a 1920x1080 pixel screen from an SD source.

AFAIR most TV production companies stopped using film in the 70s.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Adam crozier another jock ****** like the one that just ****ed us over, to date he fooked the english FA up the royal mail up and now he is going to finish off itv aswell. And the connection with all three? Mr Murky the aussie funnel web.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts

Icon10 Frequensies

Anyone know the frequencies?

Thanks
    when they were advertising free-sat a couple of years ago they said that people with free-sat would be getting all the itv hd channels and BBC hd channels for free when they were available
    another con to get people to purchase free-sat box's for hd channels
    more broken promises by the powers that be
    looks like all were gonna get hd is 1 BBC hd , itc 1 hd and, lux TV hd just 3 channels

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts

Icon10 Itv hd 28e

Found ITV HD2 on 28E, but as mentioned by Keith Mawer it DOESNT open using Freesat card, but only with full Sly sub!
    Thanx again Rupie - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABA View Post
    when they were advertising free-sat a couple of years ago they said that people with free-sat would be getting all the itv hd channels and BBC hd channels for free when they were available
    another con to get people to purchase free-sat box's for hd channels
    more broken promises by the powers that be
    looks like all were gonna get hd is 1 BBC hd , itc 1 hd and, lux TV hd just 3 channels
    I don't recall any commitment to offering all the itv hd channels, I didn't find any reference on the freesat website archive

Code:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20080608173422/http://www.freesat.co.uk/
    A lot of stuff has happened since freesat was launched, and commercial realities will often prevail over good intentions... At least you are getting some HD channels for free

Thanks

Icon10

Why worry m8's, they can't fill a few hours prime time on itv1 with anything worth watching, so the rest of it can't be much more fun than having a slow lobotomy without anaesthetic!

Thanks
    luis88

Why worry m8's, they can't fill a few hours prime time on itv1 with anything worth watching, so the rest of it can't be much more fun than having a slow lobotomy without anaesthetic

Well m8 What do You think [ ITV ] Should put on [ITV 2 HD ] Works for me ? I have Sky HD [ Take you do not ]

So Basically What I AM SAYING [OPEN YOUR OWN POST ] Leave Mine Alone ? OR I WILL GET NASTY

Will leave it at that