Thread: 1.25 + 1.1m dishes

Thanks

1.25 + 1.1m dishes

Hi all!

This may sound stupid but please bear with me! For the past month I have been trying to get a signal on the Nordic beam of 4.8'E. First of all I had a 1.1m fixed dish, which yielded a signal quality of around 50% on a couple of the TP's. I then got a 1.25m dish and the quality on these TP's increased to around 55% (although I thought I should have got more) but I still wasn't able to pick anything up on most of the Nordic TP's. As I still have the 1.1m dish I began to wonder if I could combine both dishes i.e. lock both onto 4.8'E and combine the signal. This would nearly double the effective area (area equivalent to a 1.5m dish).

Is there any merit in this?? If so would I need to use to combine the signal?? Would I need a diplexer??

I want to get you guy’s opinion before I run myself into a lot of work for nothing!! The only reason I was pursuing this is that I have spoken to a couple of people who claim that I should be able to get a signal.

Thanks

Tottenham

V.I.P
    Thanks
    dont know about joining the signal to 2 dishes

i get 51% strenth and 51% signal on Astra 4A (4.8E) - 11843.00 H using my £1 80cm dish .

V.I.P
    Thanks
    yes I would think theoretically possible but not a simple task when I looked into it several years ago it was once discussed here a long tiime ago in the analoge days I don't know if it is now more feasable with a digital signal