Thread: Will AZBox Premium + function with Actuator, VBoxIII and Uniden 9900 R

Thanks

Will AZBox Premium + function with Actuator, VBoxIII and Uniden 9900 R

This is my first post. I am in Canada and considering purchasing an AZBox Premium + Receiver to get HD Satellite Channels. I have heard there are many problems with its outboard Power Supply is this common in Europe?

Also I currently have a 12 Ft Mesh Dish that is controlled via a Von Weise Actuator (Dish Mover) a VBox III Dish Controller, and an Old Uniden 9900 Receiver for Polorotor Control. My Satellites are all stored in a Viewsat Xtreme receiver. I would be replacing the Viewsat with the AZBox Rx. Can anyone offer advice if my current setup re the Actuator, VBoxIII and Uniden Analog Receiver for Polorotor Control will work with the AZBox Receiver? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Not heard of any PSU problems with Azbox HD.

PSU is the weakest part of any receiver due to the heat generated.

The PSU in the receiver is irrelevant as it only has to supply a Diseqc signal to the Vbox.

In your case it's the Vbox that will need to have a good power supply.

The biggest recommended dish size I have seen for a Vbox is 10 feet.

In reality there are people using Vbox III with 12 foot dishes, so it must work.

For example I found someone using this equipment.....

Current Setup:
    12 Ft Mesh Bud Dish, Chaparral Co-Rotor II with Norsat 4506A KU-Band & 8515 C Band LNB's. V-Box III. 100 cm Fortec Star Dish, Stab HH120 Motor, Invacom QPH-031 LNB, ViewSat Extreme Receiver. Bell ExpressVu Dual LNB Dish 500, and Bell ExpressVu Dual Tuner 9200 PVR Receiver on Subscription.

Thanks
    There was a problem with power supplies in the USA and Canada...but I believe it was sorted out and due to the differences in the power supplies between Europe and the USA, the faulty supplies were replace, I am a member of Rick's Site in the USA and it was on there.

In the States they mainly use these boxes for feed hunting (4.2.2 sports feeds) and I think they would have a better knowledge of your gear. I have the Premium+ and I had problems with my Gbox which is similar to the Vbox, but this was mainly because I was daisy chaining it with other receivers, this is now sorted with firmware updates...I am using 0.9.5020 so if you get a Azbox make sure you check and update your firmware before storing your Sat's and channels, I have provided a none live link to Ricks in case you don't know about the site...the link should take you to the receiver section.

h**p://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=98819

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    Not heard of any PSU problems with Azbox HD.

PSU is the weakest part of any receiver due to the heat generated.

The PSU in the receiver is irrelevant as it only has to supply a Diseqc signal to the Vbox.

In your case it's the Vbox that will need to have a good power supply.

The biggest recommended dish size I have seen for a Vbox is 10 feet.

In reality there are people using Vbox III with 12 foot dishes, so it must work.

For example I found someone using this equipment.....

Current Setup:
    12 Ft Mesh Bud Dish, Chaparral Co-Rotor II with Norsat 4506A KU-Band & 8515 C Band LNB's. V-Box III. 100 cm Fortec Star Dish, Stab HH120 Motor, Invacom QPH-031 LNB, ViewSat Extreme Receiver. Bell ExpressVu Dual LNB Dish 500, and Bell ExpressVu Dual Tuner 9200 PVR Receiver on Subscription.
    Thanks for the reply xanadu, that equipment list is my setup. See attached pics. I would like to be able to swap out my Viewsat Receiver for the more capable AZBox Premium + HD Receiver with my same setup re Actuator, VBoxIII with its own Power Supply, and Uniden 9900 Rx for Poloretor Control. I understand the Power Supply is external to the AZBox Receiver but it has been troublesome in North America which some say there has been a 50% failure rate!! Is there a Manual for the AZBox Premium Plus?
    Last edited by Mitigator; 20-09-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: addition

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesjay View Post
    There was a problem with power supplies in the USA and Canada...but I believe it was sorted out and due to the differences in the power supplies between Europe and the USA, the faulty supplies were replace, I am a member of Rick's Site in the USA and it was on there.

In the States they mainly use these boxes for feed hunting (4.2.2 sports feeds) and I think they would have a better knowledge of your gear. I have the Premium+ and I had problems with my Gbox which is similar to the Vbox, but this was mainly because I was daisy chaining it with other receivers, this is now sorted with firmware updates...I am using 0.9.5020 so if you get a Azbox make sure you check and update your firmware before storing your Sat's and channels, I have provided a none live link to Ricks in case you don't know about the site...the link should take you to the receiver section.

h**p://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=98819
    Thanks for the info jamesjay. I know of Rick, I'll check it out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitigator View Post
    Is there a Manual for the AZBox Premium Plus?

I have never seen a manual for the Premium Plus and I own one!

Had the HD Premium before and the external PSU is the same.

I hear it's just you guys with 120v that may have had some problems?

Nice dish by the way.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitigator View Post
    Is there a Manual for the AZBox Premium Plus?
    There was never a manual for the Premium Plus, I have a copy of the Premium and Elite manual, the Plus is basically the same as the Premium so if it helps anyone here it is.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesjay View Post
    There was never a manual for the Premium Plus, I have a copy of the Premium and Elite manual, the Plus is basically the same as the Premium so if it helps anyone here it is.
    Thanks for the PDF Jamesjay. Had a quick scan thru it -maybe I was going too fast but I couldn't see a reference to where you can actually see the quality of of the Satellite Tp's ie S and Q in order to see the Signal strength of the Channel you are receiving.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    I have never seen a manual for the Premium Plus and I own one!

Had the HD Premium before and the external PSU is the same.

I hear it's just you guys with 120v that may have had some problems?

Nice dish by the way.
    Thanks for the info, re the Power Supply yes maybe we need to change our North American Power Grid to 240 Volts!!

Thanks

Icon7

QUOTE=Mitigator;751361]Thanks for the info, re the Power Supply yes
    maybe we need to change our North American Power Grid to 240 Volts!![/QUOTE]

please am also new member in this forum and iwant some one to help me.
    Ihave just bought AZBOX PREMIUM HD+, can some body guide me to watch scranbled channels?, like uk sky hellasat 39E. thanks in advance