Thread: HELP, Reciever became unresponsive

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Icon9 HELP, Reciever became unresponsive

Hi All,
    I am no expert in reciever in satellites and I never connected my reciever to PC or downloaded anything for it so the reciever is like I bought it, My reciever is Technomate TM3000D

Yesterday and i was looking for a channel that is broadcasting the Basketball world cup, I madr something I would say it is rather silly, I made my reciever to do a blind search over all the satellites there, I thought maybe I will find a channel that is broadcasting the games of the world cup.

The result, after arround two hours the reciever is searching for channels through all the satellite, I got a warning message on the tv screen saying, TV Channel list is Full, ok so I pressed exit to go back to the channels, and the reciever Froze. stoped responding, I turned it on and off a hundred times with no answer, it still goes to the technomate picture ( the blue background) it says boot on the reciever small screen, and than it stops responding, all the lights in the reciever are on, stuck on 001 channel ( maybe as there is no screen). the standby power I think it is red, but yesterday it became red and green together for some time , which is weird.

I tried to do go to the diagonistic page, like i read on this forum somewhere by pressing power button and up button on the reciever for 10 seconds, still did not work.

can anyone please help me, I will go and buy a null modem cable, and connect it to my pc but I don;t know what firmware to download and how to do it.

N.B.: my satellite dish is made towards east, as I usually set it up for two satellites, Hotbird and arabsat.

I will be very thankful if anyone can help me,
    thanks a lot for your time and sorry for my long message :banghead:
    Last edited by aymanh; 29-08-2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: forgot to mention brand