Thread: .uad and MAC

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

.uad and MAC

Hi. Just got an sd5000 and having some difficulty setting it up. I think part of the problem reading through the threads is working out what relates to the HD boxes only. Here goes

In the set up guides there is reference to installing a .uad file on the box. There seem to be patchs for the HD boxes which have .uad files and patches for the SD boxes which have .ups files. Do I have to install the .ups file instead of a .uad file for the SD box or can I install either.

On my IPsetup page there is no MAC number display, ought there be?

I have not installed a softcam. Is is this essential?

Wondering now whether I ought to have got the HD box.

thanks for any help

Thom

V.I.P
    Thanks
    only load patches designed for you receiver,softcam gives you channels on 39ebulsat and 5e sirius

mister-t

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    Hi. Just got an sd5000 and having some difficulty setting it up. I think part of the problem reading through the threads is working out what relates to the HD boxes only. Here goes

In the set up guides there is reference to installing a .uad file on the box. There seem to be patchs for the HD boxes which have .uad files and patches for the SD boxes which have .ups files. Do I have to install the .ups file instead of a .uad file for the SD box or can I install either.

On my IPsetup page there is no MAC number display, ought there be?

I have not installed a softcam. Is is this essential?

Wondering now whether I ought to have got the HD box.

thanks for any help

Thom
    I dont have a 5000 but I would have thought it should definitely have a mac code , this is usually present on a label on the motherboard too , so have a look through the vents , write it down and put a sticky label underneath with it written on too , just in case you forget etc

the softcam is essential for ucas to work when turned on , and as stated its for some scrambled channels including bulsatcom and viasat etc

only use the correct patch for your model of receiver and choose software update only

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies.

Thought I'd install a softcam for the hell of it. Amongst other things, result was a red button appeared on the bottom of IPsetup with MAC beside it, clicked on this and MAC number appeared. Strange stuff.

Thanks
    no mac required for SD box and there is no service + menu on SD box either only HD box's this is where most of the confusion comes from
    install latest darkman 2.15 patch and latest softcam patch and yeah softcam is usefull for bulsat, biss and tvglobo

menu move down to options now press 1111 now network is available
    go into network then net applications move right to nuevoxstream register now gift activated
    now move to dream/nuevoxstream/xstream press exit 3 times and your done

enjoy
    Last edited by soaposat; 26-08-2010 at 02:09 AM.