Thread: Boxes stuck in booting - English step guide needed

Thanks

Boxes stuck in booting - English step guide needed

I have a few boxes stuck in

"Booting" that i would like to get sorted.

Is there an easy to udnerstand guide on steps of how to diagnose and how to fix. Any guides i have seen so far have been in German or other languages.

Also,can someone point out the exact kit needed for JTAG or serial/parallel connections.

I am technical but not an engineer so if soldering or making cables are involved then some guidance is needed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Can you not just boot box with plugin.bin on a USB stick and upgrade the firmware?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey View Post
    Can you not just boot box with plugin.bin on a USB stick and upgrade the firmware?
    No, doesnt work. What i am looking for is the JTAG / Serial guide in english with details on all equipment needed. Willing to pay someone for a reliable guide. Have 15 boxes in this state.

Thanks
    Now that Enigma 2 is on its way I am keen to sort out a bunch of boxes I have.

If someone can give me what I need above in plain English steps easy to follow I will give the send them an AZBox Elite fixed through their described process at no charge.

PM me if interested (and you know what you are talking about ).

V.I.P
    Thanks
    have a look at the earlier posts in the Enigma2 thread by The_Ripper. Lots of users had problems with their boxes getting stuck in booting and there are a few posts about using YAMON and/or the DOM to rescue it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhammer View Post
    have a look at the earlier posts in the Enigma2 thread by The_Ripper. Lots of users had problems with their boxes getting stuck in booting and there are a few posts about using YAMON and/or the DOM to rescue it.
    Thanks, will do but I have been here before. There are lots of pieces of information around the place, some useful and some not but havent been able to find a clear guide.

Thanks
    SLEGS look at this forum its russian but babelfish (replace ***** with ya hoo) translate can help

babelfish.*****.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&in tl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prist avka.de%2Findex.php%2Ftopic%2C669 1.0.html&lp=ru_en&btnTrUrl=Transl ate
    Last edited by dutchmatrix; 23-09-2010 at 12:24 PM.