Thread: Remote Control

Thanks

Remote Control

Have put new batteries in(Duracell) & checked them first,made sure remote is on STB,turned power off & on again on box,made sure nothing is blocking view but still remote won`t work.This happened yesterday also,but when i tried remote after a few hours it worked but it won`t work again today.
    Any tips or advice please as i`m getting ready 2 sling the fcuking thing down garden.

Cheers

H.

Thanks
    Use a camera phone and point the remote at the lens and press all the buttons one by one. should see the remote sender light up

Thanks
    I have checked to see if it was working,got a cctv camera,started recording then went outside,pressed remote keys came back inside & checked recording,light working on remote so no idea whats wrong.

H

Thanks
    Was just going to try a universal remote just to see if it was the spider remote,well instructions say turn on your device first so went to press power button on spiderbox & that dosn`t switch it on so looks like the box is @ fault not the remote.

H.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ive got the same problem changed batteries etc remote working ok tried it with camera phone box will switch off with front power button ok and can bring up menu manually but thats as far as i can get

Thanks
    I have to press the same button several times to get it to work!!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    try this
    remove battery cover on remote,press down on batteries with your thumb
    while pressing buttons on remote, and see if remote now works. i had same problem,just put a little bit of card on top of batteries and carefully replace cover and works for me

mister-t

Thanks
    I've had the same problem with my remote, I just take the battery cover off and just move the batteries about, replace cover and it seems to work again.