Thread: Fix for USB update from menu problem

Thanks

Fix for USB update from menu problem

Original problem is reported here and I replied. But may be it's not approved there since contains words emu_module and openxcas. So I'm wrting here to warn you:

http://forum.azbox.com/index.php/topic,681.0.html

Code:
    Huku wrote:

Hi,

I downloaded azbox-0.9.4991-patch.bin, copied it to my usb hdd (ntfs formatted) and tried to update the firmware. Actually I tried several times. I successfully start the upgrade, but every time an "upgarding" label is shown for a minute or two and then the screen goes black and nothing happens until I press the power button on the remote control. After I press the power button the screen on the tv is still black but after a few seconds azbox reboots. Then I go to settings and it shows the old 0.9.4931 version - the update was not successful.
    May be I am doing something wrong... the last time I upgraded the firmware I did it in exactly the same way I am trying to do it now.

Please help. Thank you.

Code:
    My response:

I had this problem in latest 2-3 and I found the problem today after my tests with 5006 firmware.

Firstly I suspected my plugin Priority Manager, I disabled it , deleted contents of /Download folder and rebooted the box. Then I tried to update from azbox menu (not usb boot menu), but it stuck as described in first post.

Then I rebooted the box again and "only" disabled e**_module then tried same thing. This time everything goes perfect as they should be.

Note: I'm using 1.62E.A06 version since A07 caused problems for me.

So the problem absolutely  is OpenX* thingy or *_module thingy.
    Last edited by buyukbang; 31-07-2010 at 01:20 PM.