Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Azbox Ultra HD

V.I.P
    Thanks

New Azbox Ultra HD

There is a new Azbox out now called Ultra HD.

Anyone seen it?

There is a review in latest TS magazine.

http://magazine.tele-satellite.com/e...llite-1009.pdf

Maybe it is better than the old boxes?

Thanks
    Maybe thats why theres been delays in fw's it looks like its just a smaller version of the Premium plus so probs uses same firmware.. so no worse or better in my opinion

Thanks
    same **** different color i would say

Thanks
    I wouldn't touch an opensat product with a bargepole.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Likvid View Post
    There is a new Azbox out now called Ultra HD.

Anyone seen it?

There is a review in latest TS magazine.

http://magazine.tele-satellite.com/e...llite-1009.pdf

Maybe it is better than the old boxes?
    Wow.Thanx friend for the news.That makes my day.I am travelling now abroad to buy one.This is a bigger event than the release of new iphone.I will even camp outside of opensat offices in order to buy it

Come on....serious now.They released so many different versions of receivers but nothing changed.They just seek new victims.....

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I've sold my Vu+ Duo now and i am thinking of trying out the new Azbox Ultra, one of the big disappointments with Vu+ duo was the picture quality,compared to my other receivers.

Anyone bought the Ultra yet?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I've sold my Vu+ Duo now and i am thinking of trying out the new Azbox Ultra, one of the big disappointments with Vu+ duo was the picture quality,compared to my other receivers.

I too have had thoughts about this one since it can blindscan, if it wasn't for that I would go for a He@d Medi@link 9700 VFD it also has a Sigma chip but a faster (1.5X AzBox) one, also the network/usb handling is not done by the main CPU.
    As I understand the Ultra was made for the US market at first, since they have lots of unencrypted feeds.

I too would like to hear about some reviews about the Ultra.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    So hard buying a good quality box these days that have it all, Vu+ was good if they could have fixed better quality on picture, also you are stuck with E2 and no choices, E2 is not always good, i like the Neutrino frontend better, but the Coolstream box looks horrible.

Why do they make the boxes so ugly these days? Spiderbox9000 is the worst looking box ever made.

Thanks
    Why do they make the boxes so ugly these days? Spiderbox9000 is the worst looking box ever made.
    Reply With Quote: dont knock the spiderbox m8, i lost my ferguson video star vhs recorder a long while back so i was thinking of buying spiderbox to remind me of how out of date it looked. soory fokes. its so dam ugly it should get a award.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hehehe...Amstrad wasn't that good looking either those small plastic boxes.

The Vu+ Duo i had was the worst looking product i have ever owned, it was a shame in my stereo rack with high end electronics from Rotel and Yamaha.

They don't make receivers like these anymore below, it was the golden years of satellite-tv

Last edited by Likvid; 09-10-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks

Icon2

So , what are our options at the moment for an HD Linux reciever that is:

1. Reliable
    2. Nice looking with good build quality
    3. Fast
    4. Have all the bells & whistles
    5. Well supported with loads of images to choose from
    6. Excellent picture quality in HD & SD and sensitive tuners
    7. Reasonably priced
    8. Works with all the CAMs emulations & CS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT View Post
    So , what are our options at the moment for an HD Linux reciever that is:

1. Reliable
    2. Nice looking with good build quality
    3. Fast
    4. Have all the bells & whistles
    5. Well supported with loads of images to choose from
    6. Excellent picture quality in HD & SD and sensitive tuners
    7. Reasonably priced
    8. Works with all the CAMs emulations & CS
    this was some difficult hehe, but Octagon and Humax have absolute best picture quality.
    Octagon gave some trouble about cccam, that all but my favorite.

Thanks

likvid,

i am shocked at your coments about the pq of vuplus

when i was complaining about how below standard the vuplus pq was,you were the one going on about how it is the best picture you've ever seen on a receiver and even better than your ipbox 9000.u even recommended some settings to achieve the ultimate pq

i am speechless.

uki.
    Last edited by uki; 10-10-2010 at 09:34 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    likvid,

i am shocked at your coments about the pq of vuplus

when i was complaining about how below standard the vuplus pq was,you were the one going on about how it is the best picture you've ever seen on a receiver and even better than your ipbox 9000.u even recommended some settings to achieve the ultimate pq

i am speechless.

uki.
    It depends on what you are talking about when it comes to picture quality, the VU+ gives better picture quality than Ipbox9000 in some areas because you can always let the receiver output the native resolution automatically, eg 567i for SD and 1080i/720p for HD.

Jagging and and de-interlacing artifacts are not present with Vu+ Duo and the settings i gave you as these settings are really only usefull if you have a really good external scaler like Lumagen or DVDO which i have to feed everything in to before sending it to the plasma tv.

Ipbox9000 on the other hand can't automatically adjust resolution for SD and HD, you must set a resolution and be with it, also you can't turn of de-interlacing on the IPBOX which means you either have to run all channels at 1080i, even SD, or you run at 720p which is even worse for some HD channels.

This introduce scaling artifacts on SD channels and some HD channels which is shown on the TV.

Vu+ Duo wins hands down in picture quality here.

When it comes to sharpness and clean picture the IPBOX will win because i can now see that the IPBOX produce a cleaner picture, but that it's been letting down by the artifacts and scaling i talked about above.

And running IPBOX with Enigma2 is just even worse because the drivers are not optimized good and the picture is really blurry compared to the original DGS images.

In one part VU+ duo is better, but it fails in other parts, but it still better than most, i can not say how the DM8000 delivers, i can say the VU+ Duo is better than DM800 original box i also had.

Thanks
    i dont realy know how you have used your ex Vu+ box but i think you are realy wrong m8...if you are looking for THE perfect box i think it doesnt realy exist as yet ..may be you should wait when they intruduce KA transmission with Ultra HD !!!!!..by the way VU+ is a very good box in all aspect(apart from the remote control)
    Last edited by pipino; 10-10-2010 at 10:05 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pipino View Post
    i dont realy know how you have used your ex Vu+ box but i think you are realy wrong m8...if you are looking for THE perfect box i think it doesnt realy exist as yet ..may be you should wait when they intruduce KA transmission with Ultra HD !!!!!..by the way VU+ is a very good box in all aspect(apart from the remote control)
    I've never said the VU+ is a bad receiver, it's one of the best out there right now for it's price, i have owned two Vu+ Duos and i know how they perform.

It's only culprit is that the picture quality is lacking the push that i miss from my IPBOX and even Topfield 7700 i used to have, also i am missing that Neutrino isn't available for the box as it's so much nicer for the people who like the more technical parts.

However as a true enthusiast i am always looking to get the best of the best and that's why i am struggling for perfection and sold the last Vu+.

As noted i have very high demands on what i own and what i buy and also i get bored with having products for too long.

I will now look for my next Linux receiver and i have my eyes on the Coolstream Neo HD which runs Neutrino, let's see what the future beholds.
    Last edited by Likvid; 11-10-2010 at 12:13 AM.

Thanks
    did you ever get the idea that your tv isnt up to the picture quality? a sat box is only as good as the tv its plugged into ive got a octogon and a azboxhd and a vu+duo their all plugged into lcd 3d tvs and i have to admit octogon has best picture but id never ever buy another product from them because of the problems ive had with my sf918 and the way they deserted the product!!!vu+duo is best product on the market at present!!!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cro1969 View Post
    did you ever get the idea that your tv isnt up to the picture quality? a sat box is only as good as the tv its plugged into ive got a octogon and a azboxhd and a vu+duo their all plugged into lcd 3d tvs and i have to admit octogon has best picture but id never ever buy another product from them because of the problems ive had with my sf918 and the way they deserted the product!!!vu+duo is best product on the market at present!!!
    Well i don't have any low budget equipment, i have a Pioneer 50" KURO coupled to a Lumagen Radiance processor.

I know what i am doing otherwise i would not have complained.

Why don't you read the threads on the German forums about this particular problem, i am not alone.

The great thing about VU+ as i said is that i can output native resolution automatically which my processor then will process and de-interlace to my plasma native res.

I don't say it's all bad, i say it's not so good in one area.
    Last edited by Likvid; 11-10-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks
    so you say its only the picture problem with the vu+duo or is there more to it??

Thanks
    Well i don't have any low budget equipment, i have a Pioneer 50" KURO coupled to a Lumagen Radiance processor.

I know what i am doing otherwise i would not have complained.

Why don't you read the threads on the German forums about this particular problem, i am not alone.

The great thing about VU+ as i said is that i can output native resolution automatically which my processor then will process and de-interlace to my plasma native res.

I don't say it's all bad, i say it's not so good in one area.

I 100% agree with likvid on this issue, i also have the pioneer kuro lx508 (1080p) and I can tell you the picture quality is just average and no way as good as my kathrein ufs 910 using original firmware.if the pq was as good as my kathrein,it would have been the best receiver ever made.

My vuplus has been gathering dust in the last 5 weeks and may have to sell it.does anyone know how much mine could be worth now?

uki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast