Thread: Starview SV-9600HD CACI

Thanks

Starview SV-9600HD CACI

I've just got back to satellites again by buying a new actuator for the dish and upgrading to the above receiver. I used to do all the D2Mac stuff and finally ended up on Matrix Reloaded a few years ago. The MR cam still opens PS on 13E, although the PS card subscription must have run out 3 years ago.

Getting to the point, I have just bought this new receiver, but the dealer won't let me in on what it will do. It has a computer connection on the back as well as ethernet and usb ports. Can someone give me just a clue where to start.

Incidentally, I like football, girls and films and need a direction.

Thanks
    its the grey import pure satellite version of the combo , so I assume you just patch it with the new carling satellite file , and then you can add N lines or C lines to it , using the remote or usb stick same as the combo , also add a dreambox type softcam for any of those channels that may be available too

its very similar to the sp!der menus etc ( but dont use anything for a sp!der on it as its a different firmware etc )

Thanks
    Thanks for the prompt response Echelon, but your advise is a bit like riddles to me. The last thing I did of this sort was updating my MR using a card and a programmer. That I could manage and the advise that time came over the phone. These days the dealer seems a little more reluctant to talk about anything but FTA and I've got a bit to catch up on. I need to know what I can achieve before a start committing myself one way or the other.

Thanks
    dealers have to be that way or they be in a tiny cell eating bread and water

basically you patch the box with the patched sv file using the usb stick ( if its not already patched ) , same way you do with a combo

then the c and n lines you get privately ( look up the details in the dreambox or spider forum etc , cccam and newcamd ) you can add in the sv networking section , using a usb file or using your remote control

so patch it , scan it , sort the channel out ( or use a downloaded sv combo channel list ) , and get yourself a c line or lines and add that/them too

and get the dreambox softcam and add that from usb stick too

connect to router , set a fixed ip instead of dhcp in the networking section

then see what you get

Thanks
    Echelon thanks for bearing with me. So I need to get a usb stick and load this sv file. How do I know if it has already been patched? Does a sv file open a sv bunch of xxx channels? Where do I find the correct file? What is a dreambox softcam and what does it do? I'll worry about the computer stuff after I've sorted the simple stuff out. Sorry for the daft questions, but like I say, this is all new to me.

Thanks
    sorry to say but I dont have any experience on that version , only the cable and sat version which is a combo , and we dont carry any files here for them either with the cable issues of the combo

I cannot tell you what it comes with , or if its patched or not , and cannot find anything out about it either ( and nobody else has replied so info is thin on the ground ) , I also cannot find out what patch is correct for that box , only the sv combo carling file or older files

an sv file on its own wont open much , maybe a few digi tv channels on 1 west that are still nagra 2 , once you have loaded in the dreambox softcam ( try the satan dreambox files or similar )

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=377

a dreambox softcam is just a bunch of keys , and you can look at it in a text editor like notepad plus , and is similar to when we programmed cards and cams with new keys , you will see the list that glenn posted has details on the satan keys and channels it opens etc , very little is open by the old methods hence you will need to get yourself a c line elsewhere check the dreambox forums for more info on the softcam , and cccam and newcamd

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=104

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=221 , check the sticky threads

as for the usb stick , almost any will do , so say a 256mb , or 512mb , or 1 gig , or 2 gig stick , formatted to fat 32 on your pc using windows explorer , then make folders like firmware , softcam , channel lists , backups

addendum

starview combo instructions

firmware loads through usb so download the firmware and put it onto a usb stick (formatted to fat 32)

make sure the box is off at the mains, plug the usb stick into the box and turn back on.

now go to menu/accessory/ok on usb then ok again.you will now see the file on your usb stick.

highlight the file and press ok, the box will now start to flash, touch nothing untill the box reboots by itself.

scan for channels, once thats done go back into menu again.

menu/accessory/network
    in here you will find a new section called

and dont forget , you need to highlight accessory and press 8989 if its not already enabled in the patch for networking

Thanks
    Echelon, the receiver has 2 cam slots and a card slot. The only cams I have at the moment are the MR, Zeta Blue, Viacess Red, and Aston. Don't I need to programme the receiver so that the card slot will work with certain cards?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nomore*** View Post
    Echelon, the receiver has 2 cam slots and a card slot. The only cams I have at the moment are the MR, Zeta Blue, Viacess Red, and Aston. Don't I need to programme the receiver so that the card slot will work with certain cards?
    I would say yes you would , which is the reason you patch a receiver in the first place , to add ucas , but additionally it gives you more networking abilities on modern receivers , like newcamd and cccam etc

I dont know what you paid for it but the HD spiderbox would have been a better option as its more up to date ( and more or less the same receiver but much better and more advanced too )

UPDATE

I believe you need the knightrider files for it , the latest being

Knightrider 0712 Combo + LAN software. dated july 2010
    Easy LNB and SQ Display added. In sort tab A-Z Frequency HD-SD And Provider

use this at your own risk as nobody can say for sure its correct , especially not me !!

you have been warned

Thanks
    Echelon, I have been busy lately and just got round tp patching the Knightrider file. I didn't realise that it would act like a factory restore and delete all the satellites and channels that I had already sorted. Now, when I start to reprogramme the positions and channels, it gets 10% of 19E done and then freezes. I need to turn off the receiver at the back to get any more life out of it. What have I done wrong and how do I put it right please.

Thanks
    Ok sorted that one for myself and just deleted the TP it was getting stuck on. As far as I can make out, the cccam and newcamd are about sharing files on the web - am I right? I need to learn how to walk first - I'll learn the running later. I've loaded Knightrider - how do I get the best out of this box before I start the internet stuff? I realise that the cams I've got are no longer much use. What the f*** is the slot for on the box and how can I use it?

Thanks
    I would assume that card slot ( if it has one ) is used for any suitable card that the multicas in knightrider supports ( seca , conax , nagra maybe ? )

the cam slot ( if it has one ) will take a diablo or a trex or a dedicated cam like irdeto etc

the cccam and newcamd are for c lines or n lines from a sharer

so its either get a suitable card , or a suitable cam , or share from a server

and if you load a softcam from a dreambox file , it will probably open whatever channels the softcam opens

the above applies to most boxes , so I would think it applies to yours too

I suggest you also read this thread too

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=136824

the question and following replies are applicable to almost any box , including yours , in this modern environment

in truth , the spiderbox 7000 or 9000 with gift , from goldwafers would have been a better buy

Thanks
    please I want a help , I just purchased SV 9600HD
    I want to upgrade , cause it has an old updated in Jan ,
    any body can help , or can we talk in msn messenger
    please I need an urgent help .

thanks for everybody .

Thanks
    I downloaded the software , but No dowloader , can you tell me , how to download it to the reciever ?

Thanks
    please , help me , I've got tired the file name ( KnightRider+_0712 ) with this extention UAD

How to download it to SV-9600HD ???

Thanks
    the answer is in post 6 and highlighted in blue , try reading it !

Thanks
    Thanks again for the replies Echelon. As you might have noticed, I've been busy elsewhere for a while and have just picked up the satellite project again. I have just linked up the STB to my router using a WiFi bridge and am ready to get this orted out. After I loaded the Knightrider file, I got more options in the Accessory/Network section and just want to make sure they are right before I move on. The Network-IP Setup automatically populated itself with numbers when I selected Apply. The Server Setup has 8 sections, one of which I have set to CCCAM and the other to NEWCAMD. Within both of these, there are sections for Name or IP Address/Port/ID/Password/DES Key. What do I put in here?
    Also within Network, there are sections Home Stream Server/NuevoXstream-Server Setup/Homeplus. Do I need to do anything here?
    There is also a Key Edit section within Accessory. I have turned UCAS and UCAS Autoroll on. Is that right and is there anything else I need to do?
    I have found the latest satan keys ok, but haven't used them yet until I know I have got everything set up right. Where do I get a c or n line from, whatever they are?
    Thanks for your patience!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nomore*** View Post
    Thanks again for the replies Echelon. As you might have noticed, I've been busy elsewhere for a while and have just picked up the satellite project again. I have just linked up the STB to my router using a WiFi bridge and am ready to get this orted out. After I loaded the Knightrider file, I got more options in the Accessory/Network section and just want to make sure they are right before I move on. The Network-IP Setup automatically populated itself with numbers when I selected Apply. The Server Setup has 8 sections, one of which I have set to CCCAM and the other to NEWCAMD. Within both of these, there are sections for Name or IP Address/Port/ID/Password/DES Key. What do I put in here?
    Also within Network, there are sections Home Stream Server/NuevoXstream-Server Setup/Homeplus. Do I need to do anything here?
    There is also a Key Edit section within Accessory. I have turned UCAS and UCAS Autoroll on. Is that right and is there anything else I need to do?
    I have found the latest satan keys ok, but haven't used them yet until I know I have got everything set up right. Where do I get a c or n line from, whatever they are?
    Thanks for your patience!

if you read my answers earlier I did say I do not have this box , so you will have to find out those various details yourself including reading about cccam and newcamd in the dreambox sections here

import a dreambox softcam from satan or other key bundles for the ucas ( assuming anything works )

you were told all this in post 6 as the same methods apply for many boxes of a similar nature and even some of the dreambox methods , so do some research like you were advised to do

as for obtaining n or c lines , read the rules regarding server issues ( but I did mention some details in posts4 and 11 so previous replies cover the basics )

seems to me all this ground was covered earlier and you havent done the research like you were asked to do

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...286#post394286

9) NO card share server requests.

Please do not post requests for card sharing servers etc
    Any requests will be removed and the ppl involved banned.
    Technical discussion on CS is ok