• CCCAM server

13 68.42%
  • newcamd server

7 36.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: CCCAM or NewCamd Server

Thanks

CCCAM or NewCamd Server

I am new so maybe stupid guestion. I want to distribute keys from CA slot to two other SAT receivers in my home. I want to replace existing wireless splitter, I use now, by wired ethernet based distribution. How can I do it? I use .ICECRYPT.S4000HDPVR.v1.08.26 firmware with cccam client. Is any possibility to run server on my ICECRYPT. Plese help me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maciek View Post
    Is any possibility to run server on my ICECRYPT.
    No mate, it's not possible
    Last edited by denton; 19-07-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks
    you cannot run CCcam , but im sure you can run OScam or Newcs as card server
    so yes it is possible, you just need to read and try out

Thanks
    Best option is to buy a DM500 clone for 50 quid and use that as your card server. Lots of us do and it's a really simple option. Once set up you just leave it in standby and the other boxes read the card from it. Once a month bring it out of standby overnight to update your card and it's job done!
    Plenty of instructions on the net how to set up your DM LAN. My DM500 runs CCCam 2.1.4 and my Icebox reads it using Mgcamd and my AZBox reads it using Multicas and I get no freezes.

Thanks
    Newcs works pretty well except won't read one of my cards. Was playing with OSCam at the weekend but gave up due to lack of time. Ironically CS with a remote card server works absolutely fine as does EMU for the Bulsatcom card I have but can't update in the slot.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian51 View Post
    Best option is to buy a DM500 clone for 50 quid and use that as your card server. Lots of us do and it's a really simple option. Once set up you just leave it in standby and the other boxes read the card from it. Once a month bring it out of standby overnight to update your card and it's job done!
    Plenty of instructions on the net how to set up your DM LAN. My DM500 runs CCCam 2.1.4 and my Icebox reads it using Mgcamd and my AZBox reads it using Multicas and I get no freezes.
    so azbox can't work as server ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meto266 View Post
    so azbox can't work as server ?
    Not for me it doesn't. But I also have other family members sharing over the web and believe it is better to have a dedicated server.

Thanks

server

Quote Originally Posted by ian51 View Post
    Not for me it doesn't. But I also have other family members sharing over the web and believe it is better to have a dedicated server.
    thanks ian !

Thanks
    My problem is to connect 2 pcs ARIVA200 from Ferguson and ICECRYPT as card server (all units conneceted to my home ethernet network). Using wireles splitter is not "hausewifeproof" solution (I use Clone+ now). I want the subscriber card be always in my ICECRYPT. Ferguson has NewCAMD server build in but does not working properly. But GBOX, CCCAM. Newcamd clients (in Fergusons) are avaliable and works properly.
    So I want to ask for help once more. What I need to install on ICECRYPT? Can You put me links to ready biaries?