Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PRIORITY MANAGER V1.6 BY BUYUKBANG : Complete Tool to Power Up Azbox

Thanks
    Hi again mate,

I'm happy to hear your first three items are solved / improved by PM 1.6.

4- Could you please retest this with other scripts without PM to find if it's related with firmware or latest version of PM.
    My experince is that, latest firmware is slower with both channel switch in TV mode (%25-30 slower for me) and media player. I'm not happy with its performance, but latest fixes (EPG and, .sub file support) are really important. So I stuck with it.

5- This is really very mysterious. I never saw this problem with or without PM. Which model are you using? replaced DOM ? Is it solved when you completely delete PM and reboot? Maybe something else which seems irrelevant causes this? Maybe full DOM partitions (PLUGINS folder or DISK2) causes this?

Quote Originally Posted by fcis7000e+ View Post
    Quick Tests results with PM 1.6:

1- Using default PM settings, except DOM improving speed, which I set to ON
    2- Channel switching and menu navigation times improved (much better than PM 1.5 and it seems slightly quicker than withoiut PM)
    3- No more problems playing back recorded HD program of about 9GB (BBC HD and ITV HD) => there was a problem observed with PM 1.5, after 3 minutes playing, no sound and image bouncing, after 10 min watching the same ts video, no problems observed with Pm 1.6
    4- "cuts" watching prueba.mkv (1080 HD movie sample) => in previous versions of firmware and using the script of hfmls and typeR I was able to watch this 30 sec movie samples without any "cut".
    5- After installing PM 1.6 I'm having again the problem (not) accessing the Settings menu and when switching among the different menus e.g. TV => Plug-ins => TV results in a black image in TV mode and only after a box restart I'm able to watch TV again. After the reboot If I enter again in Plug-ins or RSS menus (the ones I tried) then to watch TV I have to restart the box again...
    I reported this same problem some time ago (it is somehow related with IPTV channels), and it seemed that it was misteriously solved (I didn't understand if solved with the latest firmware version or something else...), but after installing PM 1.6 it appeared again. The strange thing is that after disabling PM1.6 the problem still persists...
    I will try to remove IPTV channels and make some more tests...
    Anyway if you have any ideas to try to overcome this situation, would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by buyukbang; 07-07-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks
    Hi again :-),

4- I hope to have some time to perform such kind of tests with .mkv movies during this weekend.

5- This behaviour is really strange, but there are similar reports in the oficial forum...

Being more specific about my configuration:
    - AZbox HD Elite
    - Original SAT tuner only
    - Original DOM
    - MAz indicates about 50% memory usage for both: EMU and Flash
    - Usually I haven't USB Flash or HDD connected
    - I'm using Diseq 1.2
    - I've about 9.000 sat channels (from 30 different SATs)
    - I've a list of few IPTV channels, which I believe are the reason of this strange behaviour in my box.

Once again, would be appreciated any idea to overcome this situation.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by buyukbang View Post
    Hi again mate,

I'm happy to hear your first three items are solved / improved by PM 1.6.

4- Could you please retest this with other scripts without PM to find if it's related with firmware or latest version of PM.
    My experince is that, latest firmware is slower with both channel switch in TV mode (%25-30 slower for me) and media player. I'm not happy with its performance, but latest fixes (EPG and, .sub file support) are really important. So I stuck with it.

5- This is really very mysterious. I never saw this problem with or without PM. Which model are you using? replaced DOM ? Is it solved when you completely delete PM and reboot? Maybe something else which seems irrelevant causes this? Maybe full DOM partitions (PLUGINS folder or DISK2) causes this?

Thanks
    Hi,

I have some more news about the tests with prueba.mkv.
    With my configuration (quote below) and PM 1.6 with DOM_SPEED ON and REMOVING THE IPTV CHANNELS, the sample prueba.mkv runs better than ever.
    In the past when I used different priority scripts (and different firmware versions and also without IPTV channels) I was able to run perfectly the sample prueba.mkv, but only with MultiCas disabled.
    Now with PM 1.6 it runs perfectly even with MultiCas enabled.

PM 1.6 is perfect :-)

Would be great if PM could make available a way to enable and disable the IPTV channels... ideally without rebooting the box...
    Do you think this is feasible?

Thanks again Buyukbang for your great work.

Hi again :-),

4- I hope to have some time to perform such kind of tests with .mkv movies during this weekend.

5- This behaviour is really strange, but there are similar reports in the oficial forum...

Being more specific about my configuration:
    - AZbox HD Elite
    - Original SAT tuner only
    - Original DOM
    - MAz indicates about 50% memory usage for both: EMU and Flash
    - Usually I haven't USB Flash or HDD connected
    - I'm using Diseq 1.2
    - I've about 9.000 sat channels (from 30 different SATs)
    - I've a list of few IPTV channels, which I believe are the reason of this strange behaviour in my box.

Once again, would be appreciated any idea to overcome this situation.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Good news

I'm not sure but my experience is parallel as yours, IPTV Channels slow downs the box in latest 3-4 firmwares. But still I'm not sure about that and this needs some more testing.

BTW, yes you can switch IP TV channels with PM v1.6, (but currently need reboot though). To do this you can use "Hidden Channel Feature" and simply creating a hidden channel list (Let's say second channel list, since only usage purpose differs, but the mechanism is same. ). Steps are as follows:

1- Click "Save Hidden Channel List" button from PM. This will create a second channel list based on your current channel list (exact copy of it)

2- Click "Activate Hidden Channel List" button from PM. This will reboot Azbox.

3- After reboot, now you are working on your hidden (second) channel list. You can make all changes you want here (For your specific example, delete all IP Channels)

4- Click "Save Hidden Channel List" button from PM. This will save all changes you did in your Second Channel List, if you don't do this all changes you did will be discarded.

5- Reboot manually. After reboot your Default Channel List will be automatically loaded. (No changes done to your Default Channel List)

6- You successfully completed preparing you hidden (Second) Channel List. From now on you only need to click "Activate Hidden Channel List" button from PM to switch channel list.

I'll think on "no reboot" method. AFAIK, it's possible to implement. May be, I can implement it in next release. (not a promise but I'll try to do)

Hi,

I have some more news about the tests with prueba.mkv.
    With my configuration (quote below) and PM 1.6 with DOM_SPEED ON and REMOVING THE IPTV CHANNELS, the sample prueba.mkv runs better than ever.
    In the past when I used different priority scripts (and different firmware versions and also without IPTV channels) I was able to run perfectly the sample prueba.mkv, but only with MultiCas disabled.
    Now with PM 1.6 it runs perfectly even with MultiCas enabled.

PM 1.6 is perfect :-)

Would be great if PM could make available a way to enable and disable the IPTV channels... ideally without rebooting the box...
    Do you think this is feasible?

Thanks again Buyukbang for your great work.
    Last edited by buyukbang; 08-07-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks
    BTW, I'm thinking on another method, named "Priority Manager Movie Mode". When you click this button, it kills all unnecessary applications (TV, EMU vs.), and only leaves needed applications for multimedia playback. Another advantage of using "Priority Manager Movie Mode", you also don't need to mess with IPTV channels since TV application will be killed and cleared from memory . But there is a side effect: you'll need to reboot your machine to watch TV again (as in Deep Sleep Feature of PM). But I don't think this is important since a it's not logical to switch Movie--> TV during a play back. In addition, this is an optional feature you can use it if you need it.

With this feature, your box will have definitely even more free system resource (both processing power -CPU- and RAM) to play higher bitrate movies than it does in auto-prioritization method that PM currently uses.

"Priority Manager Movie Mode" will be implemented in Priority Manager v1.7.
    Last edited by buyukbang; 08-07-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks
    Great, I think the hidden channel list mechanism you described will be an improvement, for my system.
    Anyway the ideal scenario would be if we didn't have to reboot the box, to switch between "normal" vs "hidden" channel lists :-) but the current mechanism you suggested is great, too.

BTW the Movie Mode will be also an interesting feature for PM.

Thanks and continue your great job with this box.

Good news

I'm not sure but my experience is parallel as yours, IPTV Channels slow downs the box in latest 3-4 firmwares. But still I'm not sure about that and this needs some more testing.

BTW, yes you can switch IP TV channels with PM v1.6, (but currently need reboot though). To do this you can use "Hidden Channel Feature" and simply creating a hidden channel list (Let's say second channel list, since only usage purpose differs, but the mechanism is same. ). Steps are as follows:

1- Click "Save Hidden Channel List" button from PM. This will create a second channel list based on your current channel list (exact copy of it)

2- Click "Activate Hidden Channel List" button from PM. This will reboot Azbox.

3- After reboot, now you are working on your hidden (second) channel list. You can make all changes you want here (For your specific example, delete all IP Channels)

4- Click "Save Hidden Channel List" button from PM. This will save all changes you did in your Second Channel List, if you don't do this all changes you did will be discarded.

5- Reboot manually. After reboot your Default Channel List will be automatically loaded. (No changes done to your Default Channel List)

6- You successfully completed preparing you hidden (Second) Channel List. From now on you only need to click "Activate Hidden Channel List" button from PM to switch channel list.

I'll think on "no reboot" method. AFAIK, it's possible to implement. May be, I can implement it in next release. (not a promise but I'll try to do)

Thanks
    BTW, I'm thinking on another method, named "Priority Manager Movie Mode". When you click this button, it kills all unnecessary applications (TV, EMU vs.), and only leaves needed applications for multimedia playback. Another advantage of using "Priority Manager Movie Mode", you also don't need to mess with IPTV channels since TV application will be killed and cleared from memory . But there is a side effect: you'll need to reboot your machine to watch TV again (as in Deep Sleep Feature of PM). But I don't think this is important since a it's not logical to switch Movie--> TV during a play back. In addition, this is an optional feature you can use it if you need it.

With this feature, your box will have definitely even more free system resource (both processing power -CPU- and RAM) to play higher bitrate movies than it does in auto-prioritization method that PM currently uses.

"Priority Manager Movie Mode" will be implemented in Priority Manager v1.7.
    This would be really GREAT !!!!

But even better woul be if you can lunch those proccesses again (tv, EMus,etc) after we leave the movie mode....don´t know if this is possible.... and if we know all the parameters involved in invoking each process.

Anyway, I think that... if the box only load the necessary processes for a specific job would be much performant.... i don´t mind to wait a litle more for a process to load in each module if the performance of that module were improved.
    Last edited by paasoares; 08-07-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks
    I'll inspect this. If I succeed to restart killed applications then I can add another button like these:

- ENTER MOVIE MODE
    - EXIT MOVIE MODE

Though, I don't know it's possible at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by paasoares View Post
    This would be really GREAT !!!!

But even better woul be if you can lunch those proccesses again (tv, EMus,etc) after we leave the movie mode....don´t know if this is possible.... and if we know all the parameters involved in invoking each process.

Anyway, I think that... if the box only load the necessary processes for a specific job would be much performant.... i don´t mind to wait a litle more for a process to load in each module if the performance of that module were improved.
    Last edited by buyukbang; 08-07-2010 at 02:50 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    since your discussing priority manager enhancements, and this may be a complete non-runner, but, is there any possibility to optimise settings to get the box to record HD content onto a USB drive with Muticas?

I'm thinking of a sort of deep sleep recording, so no output to the actual TV required, if that would save processor capacity.
    I am specifically refering to my own set up, which is an elite model that cannot have hardware acceleration on. etc

thx for the hidden channel info, will use that to delete all channels but the favourites.

Thanks
    Hi,

If I understood correctly you're describing same thing as scheduled recording ??? When I set a TV program to be recorded, while sleeping azbox it silently starts recording while sleeping. Is that you mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by happyhammer View Post
    since your discussing priority manager enhancements, and this may be a complete non-runner, but, is there any possibility to optimise settings to get the box to record HD content onto a USB drive with Muticas?

I'm thinking of a sort of deep sleep recording, so no output to the actual TV required, if that would save processor capacity.
    I am specifically refering to my own set up, which is an elite model that cannot have hardware acceleration on. etc

thx for the hidden channel info, will use that to delete all channels but the favourites.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    LOL.. Yes, i suppose it is. I have never tested this as i have never put box in sleep mode!!!!

so i will do so over the weekend and see if its possible to record UK HD with Multicas without freezes on elite model with PM.

Thanks
    i gotta say unfortunetaly i tested to kill all processes other than those that mediaplayer uses, and when i try to run those processes again azbox just goes crazy, i'm 90% sure we HAVE to reboot azbox so all goes to normal.

but, you never know.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hfmls View Post
    i gotta say unfortunetaly i tested to kill all processes other than those that mediaplayer uses, and when i try to run those processes again azbox just goes crazy, i'm 90% sure we HAVE to reboot azbox so all goes to normal.

but, you never know.
    yep,

I think those processes must be invoked with some parameters and with a specific order (they could depend on each other)

Thanks
    This is what only opensat knows since the firmware is a closed source project.
    And this is what opensat never helps developers and never gives information about...

Quote Originally Posted by paasoares View Post
    yep,

I think those processes must be invoked with some parameters and with a specific order (they could depend on each other)

Thanks
    Thank you buyukbang for your great job! I'm using your PM 1.6 to play HD movies (720p and 1080p) on azbox and it's working flawlessly!

But there is some files with huge bitrate that still give some slowdowns. Maybe with the "movie mode" in PM v. 1.7 we can play them.

Here is a file with huge bitrate that gives slowdowns on v1.6:

hxxp://www.megaupload.com/?d=OCJJMJTS

If the new PM can handle this, I think it will hand all.

Thanks!

Thanks
    I thought I would have a quick try on the indictated file on my pc. I have a Intel i5 processor, 4 gig ram, and an ATI 5770 graphics card with 1 meg ram.

I assumed that I would be able to play everything with my set up, but the whatever the bit rate is on that file, I don't get a smooth playback.

Is the file ok, or do I need to think about buying a new graphics card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebro View Post
    I thought I would have a quick try on the indictated file on my pc. I have a Intel i5 processor, 4 gig ram, and an ATI 5770 graphics card with 1 meg ram.

I assumed that I would be able to play everything with my set up, but the whatever the bit rate is on that file, I don't get a smooth playback.

Is the file ok, or do I need to think about buying a new graphics card.
    Try playing it with VLC media player on your pc it should work if file is ok.

Thanks
    file must be bad encoded!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hfmls View Post
    file must be bad encoded!
    It isn't. It's the new "prueba de fogo v.2" posted on the azbox hd spanish forum, haha

Thanks
    Tried again using VLC. Slightly better on my pc, but still jerky. Must be hell of an encode

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast