Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TM 9100 serial update help!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    why dont you temporarily remove the win7 hdd , add some cheap and small hdd and install win xp , then get the job done , and then disconnect it and reconnect the win7 hdd , leaving the other hdd inside as a backup ?

seems the obvious way to go for me
    Ye good idea i did think of that , i might just insert another HDD and set up a dual boot instead one with Windows 7 and other with XP pro:respect-055:

Thanks

why dont you temporarily remove the win7 hdd , add some cheap and small hdd and install win xp , then get the job done , and then disconnect it and reconnect the win7 hdd , leaving the other hdd inside as a backup ?

seems the obvious way to go for me
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Beat me to the Idea echelon ! fair play :respect-020:

Even Better Still Whilst the Hood is Open, You could put two partitions on a Cheap old 40 Gig Drive, With Xp on One and Backtrack on the Other !:king-041:

Its is Definately a Communications problem on the P.C side of things Ie What is in between the TM and P.C.

Lost a lot of hair on the back of me head from scratching in the past.:blush5:

tHINGS GET A BIT HAIRY ,

when ya have to strip the computer.

But Remember the Words !

"Your" or "She's" Worth It !

:leaving:

Keep us onformed Forrest1

All the best !

Thanks

Icon14

[QUOTE=forest1;735102]Thanks guy's for all your help

Maybe i should ask some one if i could borrow their pc with xp on it?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Might Be the Better option if you don't want to go stripping it to pieces and then waking up the next day thinking ? what was that about ? "Cause it never worked in the first place" .

It Did ! and it Still Does !:respect-062:

Give it a few more days, and you will tell Us all; it Was Not the Technomate, But something else.......

Regards: Plessy:respect-051:

Thanks
    Right then, i have loaded windows xp pro and sevice pack 3 still no joy, i'm really confussed now.

I have tryed every possible com port different setting etc etc and still all i get is "pc not responding"

The only think i can see is in the execution log on the TM no matter what baud setting i choose it always shows 9600? is this right and is there away to change it, maybe this is the problem

N; initialized com port (1, 9600)
    N; Monitoring started (com1, 9600)
    N; Ready (TM9100_Uboot.img

com port say it's working correctly, everything seems ready to go , but always the same answer, man this is frustrating

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by forest1 View Post
    >8 >8 ...
    com port say it's working correctly, everything seems ready to go , but always the same answer, man this is frustrating
    in the device properties of com1:
    Comport parameters (Computer)
    Speed: 128000 (if this does not work: Use lower speed : 115200, 57600, 38400, 19200)
    data: 8, parity: None, stop: 1, data control: None

Thanks
    afaik you cannot change the com port setting in the tm9100 , so I would suspect that its preset to 9600 on its internal com1

all that would do is slow down the transfer compared to a higher setting , it wouldnt stop it altogether

so if the 2 com ports are not communicating you would get the error message that you are getting

so all I can assume is that this null modem method is not going to work , therefore you would have to jtag it from a pc with a fully functional parallel port and running xp ( probably the pc you are using now with win xp on it )

obviously you need a jtag for that

Thanks
    or check that you are using a null modem cable, or if there are extension leads between null modem cable and one of the devices, use null modem cable only

Thanks
    Both ports on reciever and pc are 9 pin males, i brought a cable with 9 pin females at each end, is the right? it seems the only way to connect them.

The reciever is a RS232c male same as the pc.here is a picture of the cable i brought.

Thanks
    null modem cables are usually like that , 2 female 9 pin dsubs , and are also known as crossover cables , and can be used on dreamboxes , tm1500 boxes , and many others too , so I would suspect it is the correct cable

the wiring is as such

pin 2 to pin 3
    pin 3 to pin 2

pin 5 to pin 5

so as you can see pins 2 and 3 have a crossover to allow the communication between the 2 ports

Thanks
    null modem cables are usually like that , 2 female 9 pin dsubs , and are also known as crossover cables , and can be used on dreamboxes , tm1500 boxes , and many others too , so I would suspect it is the correct cable

the wiring is as such

pin 2 to pin 3
    pin 3 to pin 2

pin 5 to pin 5

so as you can see pins 2 and 3 have a crossover to allow the communication between the 2 ports

Which is the reason why i brought it, however why is it not performing for me unless there is something more serious wrong with the reciever?

Thanks
    is easy enough to check the cable with a multimeter , given that I have told you the pin configuration , and usually I make my own as its so easy to do

I suspect its a problem on the tm9100 caused by your sdcard removal , and that is why I think only a jtag will fix it

Thanks
    is easy enough to check the cable with a multimeter , given that I have told you the pin configuration , and usually I make my own as its so easy to do

I suspect its a problem on the tm9100 caused by your sdcard removal , and that is why I think only a jtag will fix it
    Ok thanks echelon if that is the only way that is what i'll do, now where to i gat this Jtag eqiupment from ? and i have to make sure it is the right one.:respect-051:

Thanks
    check the sticky threads for tools and info on making your own

or google "jtag tm9100"

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Have been reading this thread from the start.I had a simuler problem with my tm9100s .It seemed dead and unretreavable.So I thought I have nothing to lose by downloading every piece of software for the tm9100s loaders images and try them all.and one worked and from there i could load the image of my choice,of course if it hadn,t the next stage was the jtag way.
    cheers

Thanks
    J Tag is like the last Story in the Book That Requires a Phillips Screw Driver, and hopefully the screws on the Box are Not Rusty ?

Once Again I think The problem is the Comms !

For 1 Not the Box .
    2 The Cable (Over Looked Many Times)
    3 Serial RS-232 Device to P.C /Laptop + Drivers
    4 SSSP/RS232 Latest Patch Options....

Once all of these are in the correct format and communicating..

There Are No Issues with Updating or Expanding the RX.

Thanks

Icon7 TM Serial Cable 2-3, 3-2, 5-5.

Test this with a multimeter or battery and bulb ie 6/12v cable tester.

If the cable returns the correct Signals and Your TM Still Doesn't communicate your PC.
    Then its down to Comms issue/ Port issues (Be it USB/Serial or Otherwise).

If It Don't Work ?
    Don't Blame the Box As I have.

if you can Manually Set your Port to 9600,n,8,1;p This Would be a start But How Do I test This ? Using a Very Old Dial Up Modem with All the Flashing Lights !

Yip Bling Bling from the 1980's !

Worst Recession Ever !

Gimme a A Shovel and a Torque Wrench and Day !:beatdeadhorse5:
    Last edited by Plessy; 07-12-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks

Exclamation Technomate Serial Cable Update !

Quote Originally Posted by clacky View Post
    Have been reading this thread from the start.I had a simuler problem with my tm9100s .It seemed dead and unretreavable.So I thought I have nothing to lose by downloading every piece of software for the tm9100s loaders images and try them all.and one worked and from there i could load the image of my choice,of course if it hadn,t the next stage was the jtag way.
    cheers
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Evening Folks !

I Hope this informations is Better Late; than Never....

DOUBLE CHECK YOUR CABLES. beatdeadhorse5:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    I have always built my own cables in the past and looked after them like Gold.

Yet I read so many posts relating to users Not Being Able to Communicate with their Technomate receiver.

I hold my hand up and say that I may have been a bit "Thick" about some posts, for assuming "the User" had In Fact the "Proper Serial Communications Cable" in the First Place..........

The 2 Attached photo's + Doc File are as best I could do with an old camera and simple needs..

NOTE: (Ignore Black/White(DB9)
    BOTH CONNECTORS ARE THE EXACT SAME) just had some old stuff lying around ....

And 3r'd file(Word Doc) Clearly Outlines the Communication Cable to All Technomate recievers, as being Fully Handshaking on Both Sides.....

I Hope this Cable Information will clear up any misconceptions that have circulated in the past....

A Simple Continuity Cable tester is all that is required to test and verify that your Cable is Correct, before Venturing down other Roads of operation Systems, Drivers, etc,etc...

Plessy:respect-051:
    Last edited by Plessy; 07-12-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks
    Damm !
    This Last Pic is Not Very Informative,,,

If You Want to Build Your Own Communication Cable ? ,,,,,,

G***le Serial Null Cable (9 Pin Format ) and not the even older crusty types using 25 pin..... But Yet how Well They Work to this Day.....
    Last edited by Plessy; 24-07-2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Copy and Pasting of Originial Image was not sucessfull.

Thanks
    last resort find an old computer, Pentium 4 or lower, with XP on it, new computers way to fast and sometimes problematic on rs232 port (timings)

Thanks
    Thanks Giga,,

Yes indeed some of the older stuff is simple and straight foward and no bs inbetween

but you'd be surprised at what people throw away these days...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast