Thread: Lnb fault

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Lnb fault

I have a 6900 Super which displays LNB FAULT. This can happen after 5 minutes of viewing or after half an hour. I've checked all cable connections and they seem fine. I also connected the LNB directly to the receiver and it worked OK. I have a S** box on a loop from the 6900 and it works OK even when the 6900 is displaying the fault!! (When the 6900 does this I have to switch it off at the rear as the remote doesn't work). Any ideas anyone as I'm confused!

Thanks
    Is 6900 HD Super freestanding (cooling?) Patched? version? C S on ethernet? Have you cleaned out your channellist? could be a memory problem: use channel editor <= click here
    Does the same thing happen when your skybox is not connected on loopthrough?

I also connected the LNB directly to the receiver and it worked OK
    on the TM-6900?
    Any special reason the S** box is still used?
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=651310

Banned
    Thanks
    hi 'Pricey' this will not help but...........

I had a TM5400 and after a year out the box it came up with same prob, took the sly box off and lasted about a month, back to the same thing..

Even put every thing back to factory reset and original patch..No joy..

Phoned TM they siad it was ?????? and they could fix it ,if that was the prob. think 25 was the price plus shipping..

I just sent for the TM5600 and swaped the card reader over, no prob on my set up yet....

Can't remember wat they called it but it had blown in the box... not look good for you if that is the case?

hope not! all the best of luck...................

V.I.P
    Thanks
    had same problem on my tm6800 super last year,had to send it to tm
    fixed for free just had to pay postage,phone tm and ask them seems like a few people have had same fault,dont bother changeing lnb as fault will still appear on display
    mister-t

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks for replies. Giga - I used the same receiver to connect directly to LNB. I took it outside with a portable TV and seemed OK. I use the S**box really because of the EPG. The 6900 is patched with 7.25.
    Last edited by pricey; 22-06-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks
    can you reverse the loopthrough order? lnb > s** box > TM-6900. Could be tinny thing interfering. Takes some time to figure out what goes wrong. Any wireless equipment close to the receiver: phone, baby phone, intercom, gsm, network dongle, ...
    is it connected to the homenetwork? disconnect it, see if this works?
    if you have a long power extension lead, try with the TM-6900 only connected to another wall socket (power). Have you a recollection what did change since this occurred?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Had another go and I think I have a sick motor(TM2300). I went outside as before.There was a green light showing on the motor until I tried changing to another satellite. The dish turned slightly and the green light went out! 'LNB Fault' then appeared on the receiver.So now I have the dish stuck between satellites!**@*

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    "LNB Fault" is common in Tmate recievers i dont think you'll have to send it away it just means basically you have a fault with your satellite coax cable i know you say you have checked cable but i had this problem aswell quite a few times infact and was down to coax cable fault nothing more maybbe at the motor or at your reciever but you will find that fixing your coax cable and keeping an eye for the green light to appear again in your motor will cure your problems , ive not yet seen any faulty Tmate2300 / Tmate2600 motor/s as yet myself so i'll be very surprised if that is the case here but everything ive read points to your sat cable not being correctly fitted causing overcurrents to your Tm6900 which in turn prevents your motor turning properly and shows "LNB Fault" message .
    let us know how you get on ?
    -------
    Barneycarlton
    Last edited by Barney; 22-06-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks barneycarlton. I tried swapping cables again and got life in the motor again. The cable running to the receiver from the motor via my loft had a serious bend in it and I think this was the problem. Strangely it affected the cable from motor to LNB as well. But at least the motor and receiver seem ok. I'll have to run new cable and here's hoping.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Spent the last week up and down the ladders, replacing cable and still baffled. This may be a 6900 fault(apologies if now in wrong section) as power doesn't seem to be getting to the motor from it. I have a 1500 and this runs OK with the light on motor showing green. If I swap back to the 6900 it may run for 5 mins and then shows LNB FAULT and no light on the motor.

Banned
    Thanks
    Hi pricey .. As i mentioned early on TM... LNB FAULT When the box shows this the box shut's down it will not even make a diff weather the cable is connected or not... If you have blown this part in the box for any reason it will always trip the chip and triger the LNB FAULT.. Phone TM and if still one year old they fix it free you pay post if older you might have to pay a bit more..What you are saying sounds just the way it happend to me.....all the best